SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Shine (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Leather Seat Cleaner? (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9408)

InfamousSVT 04-28-2005 05:12 AM

Leather Seat Cleaner?

I was just wondering if anyone recommends a nice leather cleaner/conditioner for the leather seats in the 03/04 Cobras?

I don't want the sun to start cracking my seats and want them to stay like new.

Thanks in advance.;)

nckissfan 04-28-2005 05:31 AM

I use Meguirer's leather care cream. It makes the seats smell good, and feel real soft. My front seats are pretty much toast from the previous owner not caring for them, but when I use this stuff, it makes them look nice.

cobrabitn 04-28-2005 07:33 AM

What Mike said! :thumbsup:

Lumpydogs 04-28-2005 10:50 AM

Agree with above.

Steve Treece 04-28-2005 02:36 PM

The Zaino products work really well. Z-9 Leather Cleaner is a spray on product, while Z-10 Leather In A Bottle is a wipe on product. Z-10 is not only a conditioner but also has a UV protectant in it as well. Both products work well on vinyl surfaces, too.

sssvtcobra 04-28-2005 03:07 PM

I also agree with the mequires :thumbsup: I use it about every three months when I really clean and detail the inside, and it makes the leather look better than new.

InfamousSVT 04-28-2005 09:18 PM

OK then Meguiers it is!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

cobrabitn 04-28-2005 09:50 PM

Steve,

I'd like to try that leather cleaner on my Cobra. Will you be at our Mooresville Ford show in a month?

Tony

InfamousSVT 04-29-2005 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Treece
The Zaino products work really well. Z-9 Leather Cleaner is a spray on product, while Z-10 Leather In A Bottle is a wipe on product. Z-10 is not only a conditioner but also has a UV protectant in it as well. Both products work well on vinyl surfaces, too.

Now since the seat inserts are suede, will it damage or cause coloring issues if I were to get it on the suede?
Thanks.

Also, like Tony said I'd be interested in seeing the product at the Moorseville show too if you're going to be there.

sssvtcobra 04-29-2005 01:24 PM

Infamous~ You don't want to use the cleaner on the suede, it will cause discoloration. There is special stuff for the suede, but I can't remember what it is. I haven't had any issues with my suede yet, but I will probably just take it to a detail shop where I know the owner to have him do the suede, that's always an option. Usually what I do is spray the leather cleaner on a rag then wipe down the seat.

nckissfan 04-29-2005 01:41 PM

The only reason I use Meguier's to begin with, is it is really the best thing in the stores. But, since the Zaino's car wash, and polishes are so good. I am interested in how their leather care works. I may switch to that. I just wish they would develop a convertible top cleaner. With all the other stuff they have, you would think they would have one.

*hint, hint*......develop a real good convertible top cleaner *hint, hint*

InfamousSVT 05-02-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sssvtcobra
Infamous~ You don't want to use the cleaner on the suede, it will cause discoloration. There is special stuff for the suede, but I can't remember what it is. I haven't had any issues with my suede yet, but I will probably just take it to a detail shop where I know the owner to have him do the suede, that's always an option. Usually what I do is spray the leather cleaner on a rag then wipe down the seat.

Thanks for the info!:)

Stavesacre21 05-02-2005 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nckissfan
I use Meguirer's leather care cream.

I tell ya....Meguirer's sure has their game together....all their products are awesome! :thumbsup:

JenRem 05-15-2005 08:50 PM

I'm looking for suede stuff too...:(

ausie 05-23-2005 05:59 AM

I thought the inserts were Alcantra which is not suede. It may look like suede bit it is just a man-made fabric. :scratch: