SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   New England (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Karting this weekend (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8517)

PMad 01-25-2005 10:44 PM

Karting this weekend

Just a reminder that our January karting event at F1 Boston is this Sunday @ 1 pm. As before, try to arrive 15-20 mins early so we can get a head count for track time. For those who haven't been there before, it is open to all members, friends and family. F1 Boston runs a special rate on Sundays: 20 laps for $20. There are no extra license fees or special equipment, they provide everything. We usually do 3 races ($60) but you can do as few or as many as you'd like. There's even a place to watch for you or a friend. After racing we usually stay around at the pub there for a bit to eat and something to drink. Come and join us for some racing and find out what everyone is doing (mods, etc.) during the winter. We also discusss the events we have planned for this year.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

PMad 01-31-2005 01:55 PM

We had a pretty good turnout yesterday. All the tracktime was on Track 2 (Country Course). Dan Cummings was fast as usual, it really is amazing watching him get through traffic. He and Dave were victims of nepotism on one race when they were black flagged for no reason so that a friend of the track workers could win :nono: A little unusal behavior for the F1 workers.

I'm thinking of Feb 27 for next month. Any input?

We discussed having an event at the new track in Foxboro but some of our northern members have said they'd come down in Feb and I don't want to make their drive any longer. We can talk about the March event there.

Secesh 01-31-2005 05:01 PM

Yesterday was a lot of fun. The last race would have been better if it was just our group.
February 27th sounds good to me. I also want to try the other track. It's a longer drive for me but I think it'll be worth it. Can we reserve a track there?

Tom

PMad 02-01-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secesh
Yesterday was a lot of fun. The last race would have been better if it was just our group.
February 27th sounds good to me. I also want to try the other track. It's a longer drive for me but I think it'll be worth it. Can we reserve a track there?

Tom

We usually can run on Track 1 (City Course) but they had an unusual number of events scheduled on Sun.

If we can get our usual group of 10-12 people we can run by ourselves. They will run a mini gran prix if we get the group to commit. The Foxboro track will do the same.

Let's make it Feb 27th and everyone respond if you want to race and we'll set up a reservation for a mini gran prix.
:bounce:

Davesnake 02-01-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMad
We usually can run on Track 1 (City Course) but they had an unusual number of events scheduled on Sun.

If we can get our usual group of 10-12 people we can run by ourselves. They will run a mini gran prix if we get the group to commit. The Foxboro track will do the same.

Let's make it Feb 27th and everyone respond if you want to race and we'll set up a reservation for a mini gran prix.

Good plan...I'm in.

Dave

cobrabitn 02-01-2005 11:18 PM

Karting is a fun way to forget about your frustrations when your team loses... :rotf:

Davesnake 02-02-2005 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Karting is a fun way to forget about your frustrations when your team loses... :rotf:

I can't imagine all the karting you must have done this year.... :firedevil

Dave

Secesh 02-02-2005 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMad

Just make sure you get some bad drivers. I'm tired of always finishing last.

PMad 02-02-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secesh
Just make sure you get some bad drivers. I'm tired of always finishing last.

No problem, we'll invite Tony. :jk:
He'll be looking to do some karting after the Eagles loose on Sunday :D

silvertenth 02-07-2005 12:07 PM

I'm in for where ever we go.Hopefully we get a massive heat wave with rain so we can all take our cars out.I'm getting really antsy...