SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   94 Mods (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8675)

cobrabitn 02-10-2005 01:02 AM

94 Mods

Just got 3:55's installed today at the Ford place. I can feel a difference but not as much as I thought...although I was spinning in the rain. :)

cobrapace94 02-10-2005 09:24 AM

Cool on the 3.55's. Don't fear the gear....
I have 3.73's & they were great before the supercharger. 1st gear is a little short with the 3.73's but otherwise they are great. Now with the supercharger I'm thinking I might go to 3.55's.

cobrabitn 02-10-2005 10:18 PM

The car felt better today with the dry weather. I know this sounds stupid but it almost sounds like a freaking race car. I know when I get the MAC catback on this weekend that it will sound like one.

One day I went by Mr Ed and he said it sounded like a Formula One car! Freaking A! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn 02-11-2005 11:08 PM

Progress continues as I got the MAC cold air kit on today. I'm starting to feel a difference in the car but it still seems like something is holding it back. It definitely takes off quicker.

Tomorrow it gets the MM treatment, catback, new plugs and a timing advance! There is one more thing I need to do and that is cooling ducts. I'm having some backing plates donated to me for a product review. (I like donations! :) ) If I have time, it will get lower control arms before CMP.

Once I get that done then it pretty much is going to be it for this year. Next year I'll have the panhard bar, full length subframe connectors, hopefully a roll bar, torque arm and that will probably be all that I do to the suspension and chassis so I can keep it streetable! The only other thing left will be a 331 with 400 plus hp somewhere down the road. :)

cobrapace94 02-14-2005 04:09 PM

These 5.0's like to breath, as they were restrictive from the factory. CAI, MAF meter, headers, mid pipe & catback & over 250 rwhp & 300 rwtq no problem. Then with some sticky tires you are in the 13's. That was my reciept for the 13's n\a.
Never can have tooo much handling!!!!! :thumbsup: :rotf:

cobrabitn 02-15-2005 12:22 AM

Well I got the full coil overs installed this weekend. We also put the MAC catback on but it still needs a little adjusting as it rattles a little against the body of the car occasionally. The result with the catback was definitely noticeable. Now it is even louder then before, almost so loud I am ashamed to even start it up in the mornings when I go to work for fear of blasting out the neighbors. :rotf:

What I have noticed overall is that the car is quicker out of the hole, has a smoother flowing exhaust, and handles much better then ever. I don't even notice the shift retard anymore. Here's what is left to have done this weekend:

1. Corner weighted, diagonally balanced, set the ride height (I'm letting a pro do this)
2. Gap and install new spark plugs
3. Advance the timing by at least 2 degrees
4. Get an alignment

Before the open track event:

1. Fix and install cooling ducts
2. New brakes and turn the rotors
3. Bleed and flush complete brake system from air

After that, it should be a go! :bounce:

I plan to take it to the dragstrip in two weeks to see if I can dip into the 13's. I'll have a set of drag radials with me to keep everything in check! :thumbsup: I hope you are right with the hp level. With an OR pipe it dynoed at 225 rwhp, I do hope I hit the 250 mark at least... :D

cobrapace94 02-15-2005 12:57 AM

Well for comparisons sake, I got 13.9 @ 98 mph in my vert with bolt ons & sticky tires. With bolt ons I also got 255 rwhp & 305 rwtq, so it can be done. The only other thing extra I have is the FRPP extender & headers, so you should be close.
Drive it like you stole it & you should get there... :burnout:

cobrabitn 02-15-2005 01:12 AM

I have the headers but no extenders. I ran a 14.3 stock with drag radials and an OR pipe on it. I hope these mods are good for .4 seconds?

Hazman 02-20-2005 07:22 PM

Hey Tony
Here is your next mod!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
:thumbsup: :eek: :bounce:

cobrapace94 03-04-2005 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabitn
I plan to take it to the dragstrip in two weeks to see if I can dip into the 13's. I'll have a set of drag radials with me to keep everything in check! :thumbsup: I hope you are right with the hp level. With an OR pipe it dynoed at 225 rwhp, I do hope I hit the 250 mark at least... :D

Hey Tony, did you go to the track? If so, did you get that 13 second time slip?????
Inquiry minds want to know. :flash:

cobrabitn 03-04-2005 03:32 PM

I guess you are not on the tech mailing list are you? I brought the 2004 Mystichrome to the event because everyone else was bringing their s/c snake. But I'll take it in the Fall so hopefully I can add a Blowzilla on my Christmas list for the Spring event. There was another reason I didn't take it but it'll go open tracking next weekend. I got my MM lower control arms for the rear and it oought to handle better then ever... :)

I'm sorry...I guess we'll have to wait a few more months. :(

cobrapace94 03-04-2005 06:23 PM

Quote:

I guess you are not on the tech mailing list are you? I brought the 2004 Mystichrome to the event because everyone else was bringing their s/c snake. But I'll take it in the Fall so hopefully I can add a Blowzilla on my Christmas list for the Spring event. There was another reason I didn't take it but it'll go open tracking next weekend. I got my MM lower control arms for the rear and it oought to handle better then ever... :)

My email address changed, how do I get back on the tech mailing list?
So what did the 04 run?

venomous 03-04-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

Blowzilla for the 94 or the 04? :D. Looks like I'm gonna have to start modding mine now just to keep up. :bounce: :thumbsup:

cobrabitn 03-04-2005 10:51 PM

Blowzilla is for the 04 and it ran a 12.72 @ 107 mph. My mph says I should be running in the low 12's because I usually run 110 mph in the quarter with it. That's just me needing launch practice.

Darrell, just click here to get on the club chit chat list:

svtcobra-subscribe@yahoogroups.com :thumbsup:

cobrabitn 03-05-2005 07:10 PM

I forgot to mention that I got my KB cooling ducts this week so they will be going on tomorrow and I'll do a "how to" on them. I will have to get the hoses from Home Depot and take some measurements. I'll post the results on the website...

All I need now is a a brake bleed, rotors turned, and new pads! :thumbsup: