SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension Tech (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Kenny Brown Suspension (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7876)

cobra330 11-10-2004 10:25 PM

Kenny Brown Suspension

For those of you out there that have Kenny Brown suspension components..let me know what you think of them. My original plan was to go MM components with H&R SS. I may consider another route...so let me hear your opinions...or for those of you who read this..and have MM or Griggs..let me know what you think of those options.

Thanks!

winddysvt 11-12-2004 07:00 PM

Kenny Brown Suspension

sorry it took so long... been ultra busy lately...

My husband and I have had a variety of different suspension components over the years....

We now have Kenny Brown components on all three of our Mustangs and we are absolutely thrilled!!

I took my Mach 1 to a track event a few weeks ago and took some instructions from Ken Adolf.

He helped me to see the cars potential and he helped me not to be so "afraid of it"...

Brad at Kenny Brown said that the "rear end" on this car is versatile while still being streetable.

and -- he was right! Lately, I have been driving it like crazy and I cannot believe how much different it is from stock --

to make a long story short (I talk too much)...
I cannot even drive these cars to their full potential...
I'm going to try and go to Panoz next year and get a couple days of schooling in so that I can learn this suspension even better.

Its awesome!!

On another note -- many of the suspension components are there started with Kenny Brown -- most of them are very similiar to his.. and/or perfect copies!
hey -- it works and ..
hey -- thats a complement!! Especially his bracing and extreme matrix bracing, jacking rails, etc. etc. you just cannot find better. Kenny loves Mustangs, especially Cobra's --
thats his baby !! :thumbsup:

My 98 Cobra (look at the top right of your page --- it is the blue one) was done about 3 years ago, and I thought I could never find better. Well, I was wrong. Tim has people standing in line to take rides in his '99 Kenny Brown and it doesn't even have any engine mods. He stays up with guys that have 150 more horsepower than he does.

Don't believe me?

Just come to the events next year ... you'll see..... He's on everyone in the curves cuz theres no stopping that car...

well.
except grease and snow...... :eek: :eek:

Kenny Brown Performance has come a long long way in the past few years and he is always under the hood designing something new....

:-)

just wait until you see what Kenny has coming next!! :thumbsup: :bounce:

your best bet would be to call Rich at Kenny Brown and talk to him with any questions or concerns you may have....

Winddy
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra330
For those of you out there that have Kenny Brown suspension components..let me know what you think of them. My original plan was to go MM components with H&R SS. I may consider another route...so let me hear your opinions...or for those of you who read this..and have MM or Griggs..let me know what you think of those options.

Thanks!

Big Daddy 11-12-2004 07:49 PM

Well after all that I'll just say I don't think you can go wrong with Kenny's stuff on your car. I've been very pleased with everything of Kenny's! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

winddysvt 11-13-2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Well after all that I'll just say I don't think you can go wrong with Kenny's stuff on your car. I've been very pleased with everything of Kenny's! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

----

and.... to top it all off...

once you install any of their components --

your part of the family!!
:thumbsup: :bounce:

Cobra-R 11-16-2004 05:46 PM

You also asked about MM and Griggs, so I will reply to that since I have used both on my 95R.

Handling between the Griggs and MM is pretty even with the edge going to MM(probly 1-2 seconds a lap). I ran the full system with both brands, everything from K-members, coilovers, to torque arms and panard bars. MM deffinately has the advantage in the durability area, I was breaking my Griggs parts within 10 or so weekends on the track.

Here is where I am going to differ from Bonny and Greg. I have driven a 00R with a Full KB rear IRS system with a Barts works SLA front setup. Personally I don't think there is enough to be gained by the rear system(on a IRS car) to justify the cost in all but the most hardcore track cars. It did work well, but I think that putting Delrin bushings throughout a stock IRS and IRS subframe will get you 80% of the way to the full system and be alot cheaper.

One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is, whatever you choose to go with, stay with that brand throughout. Mixing brands in different parts of the car will defeat many of the benefits that you are striving for. Even though parts may look the same and they are engineered to acomplish the same result, they usually achieve it through different means.

Brian

Levi 11-16-2004 05:57 PM

I have installed the MM front and rear lower control arms, coil-overs and torq-arm pan-hard bar setup and it Rocks. :thumbsup:

cobra330 11-16-2004 06:01 PM

Thanks to all! You answered my questions..and I have decided to go back to where I wanted to in the beginning...MM..

Thanks!

Firme 11-16-2004 06:11 PM

I agree on the MM stuff. Its definitely beefier than the other I have come across.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra-R
.............but I think that putting Delrin bushings throughout a stock IRS and IRS subframe will get you 80% of the way to the full system and be alot cheaper...

I can TOTALLY vouch for this. I only did the Urethane bushings since I daily drive mine, but i did the Urethane IRS and upper and lower control arm urethane bushings, and I can definitely say, the IRS is a totally different animal now. Before, it was sloppy once you throttled through a corner. Now, it is ALOT more sure-footed. I can dare say that it is more predictable, and lets you throttle steer real well past the apex. Before the bushings, it seemed to shift, and feel a little unpredictable.

Check out David M. (03 Cobra Toys) 03 Cobra with the Delrin
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...do=view&id=742
it was in the January issue 0f 5.0 magazine this month, that car can tear it up on the track...

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...getimage&id=28

InfamousSVT 11-24-2004 08:56 PM

Cobra 330

I just installed all my suspension components and I'm very pleased with the out come!
MM C/C Plates, MM Full-subs, Steeda Differential and Rear-Subframe bushings, along with the H&R Springs!
I have to say that with the springs and the new bushings, I feel so much more sure footed when taking a turn or hammering the gas! The whole car is way more predictable since installing all these components! This has also taken away all my wheel hop for the street. We'll find out dragday 2005, if I have any on the track.
I also put a set of 10.5 x 17's in the back with 315's on them! Got the rims from Late Model Restoration!

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.c...ategory_ID=775

What ever desicion on suspension you go with, good luck!:thumbsup:

cobra330 11-25-2004 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfamousSVT
I just installed all my suspension components and I'm very pleased with the out come!
MM C/C Plates, MM Full-subs, Steeda Differential and Rear-Subframe bushings, along with the H&R Springs!
I have to say that with the springs and the new bushings, I feel so much more sure footed when taking a turn or hammering the gas! The whole car is way more predictable since installing all these components! This has also taken away all my wheel hop for the street. We'll find out dragday 2005, if I have any on the track.
I also put a set of 10.5 x 17's in the back with 315's on them! Got the rims from Late Model Restoration!

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.c...ategory_ID=775

What ever desicion on suspension you go with, good luck!:thumbsup:

Are those H&R Super Sport Springs? If so, where did you get them and what is the part number? I can not find the Super Sport for the 04's any where! They are what I want.

InfamousSVT 11-25-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Are those H&R Super Sport Springs? If so, where did you get them and what is the part number? I can not find the Super Sport for the 04's any where! They are what I want.

http://www.hopupracing.com/hrspspmucogt.html

This is where I got mine from, $217.00! I'm not sure what you are talking about with the Super Sport Springs! I've got the springs that are a Dark Blue, they lowered it between 1.5" and 2" from stock hieght. I beleive they are the same springs that 03KingCobra has on his!

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7976

cobra330 11-25-2004 02:43 PM

Thanks Infamous SVT!!

InfamousSVT 11-25-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks Infamous SVT!!

No problem, always try to help out when I can!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

venomnous99 12-09-2004 07:50 PM

Here is where I am going to differ from Bonny and Greg. I have driven a 00R with a Full KB rear IRS system with a Barts works SLA front setup. Personally I don't think there is enough to be gained by the rear system(on a IRS car) to justify the cost in all but the most hardcore track cars. It did work well, but I think that putting Delrin bushings throughout a stock IRS and IRS subframe will get you 80% of the way to the full system and be alot cheaper.

Brian[/QUOTE]
I have looked, and can't seem to find anyone who has the Delrin bushings for the 99 Cobra, or at least not enough bushings to do the complete IRS and IRS subframe. Anyone have any ideas where these can be acquired.

Firme 12-09-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomnous99
I have looked, and can't seem to find anyone who has the Delrin bushings for the 99 Cobra, or at least not enough bushings to do the complete IRS and IRS subframe. Anyone have any ideas where these can be acquired.

for starters Maximum Motorsports :headbang: provides these.

IRS Delrin Control Arm Bushings

IRS Aluminum, Pinion Angle Adjustable, Differential Mounts

for the rest, you can get them, you just have to have a hookup. We have a couple 03's and 3 Cobra R's down here that got Delrin all in the IRS, and they said it was a huge difference. Just be warned, it makes it more abrupt, and louder. I have the urethanes all in the IRS, and that was a huge improvement for me.

But to get more info on the rest of the Delrin, PM 03 Cobra Toy
:D sorry David.. hehehe