SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kill Stories (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Not a kill, just funny! aka How come I never have the 04 when I need it? (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7112)

cobrabitn 08-04-2004 11:09 PM

Not a kill, just funny! aka How come I never have the 04 when I need it?

Well, we weren't really racing as it isn't smart to race down I77 in the city portion of Charlotte but anyway, here goes the story.....

I was running about 60 mph down I77 in my 94 Coupe with it's new obnoxious OR pipe, just listening to the sound of sweet music against the concrete barriers. As I approached the Trade Street exit I saw this Camaro Z28 coming off the ramp onto the interstate. I knew he purposely changed lanes and got over to get around me. So, being the nice guy I am, I downshifted into 3rd just as he was about to pass (I noticed his passenger window down) and hit the gas hard! I think I scared him for a minute as he must have pulled his car down a gear (sounded like a slush box) but instead of accelerating, he slowed then hit it hard. Those tones sure do scare a lot of people. As I maintained my speed through the city, all I could think of is "How come I never have the 04 when I need it?" :rotf:

BTW, when I blew by Mr Ed the other day, he told me my car sounded like an Indy car going down the interstate. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner! :D I might also add that I put my Steeda shifter for my 1999 Cobra in my 1994 Coupe and it fit just like a glove! :thumbsup:

cobracrazy 08-04-2004 11:20 PM

You probably made him wet his pants!! :thumbsup:

Mr. Ed 08-06-2004 08:16 PM

He's right, folks! Wilbur's loud and obnxious as well, but I think "T" may be louder now. Sure sounds AWESOME!:thumbsup: Great enhancement, no doubt!:thumbsup:

95Cobra 08-07-2004 07:37 PM

You think your 94 is loud...you should hear mine since the new mac cat back,I wasn't sure if the 3 1/2 chrome tails would look too big.But they really do look good! And dam is it loud!! I've scared more than a few people! (Smile)

venomous 08-07-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95Cobra
You think your 94 is loud...you should hear mine since the new mac cat back,I wasn't sure if the 3 1/2 chrome tails would look too big.But they really do look good! And dam is it loud!! I've scared more than a few people! (Smile)

You don't have any pics of the 3 1/2" tail pipes do ya? I was lookin to put the same thing on mine, but I was afraid it would look TOO big. I wouold like to see what they look like so I can get an idea! :bounce:

95Cobra 08-07-2004 09:07 PM

I don't have any pic's right now...but I could take a pic or 2 and get them developed and scan them...it would take a few days but I would like to show you how GOOD the tails look! I know you will be getting a set just as soon as you see them!
Mark

venomous 08-07-2004 09:13 PM

I was afraid they would look tlike big ol' stove pipes comin out the rear. BTW, I am looking for the loudest sound possible with exhaust. How much of a difference could you tell, sound and power ?

95Cobra 08-07-2004 09:24 PM

I really didn't seem to notice much of a power gain...I allready had the mac long tubes and the short no cat H. The cat back was the last piece of stock exhaust left on my Cobra. As for sound....Dam does it sound good! I've gotten all kinds of comp's on how it sounds,even from strangers! I was worried if they were TOO big as well,but they look sweet!!! You will love them, and the sound as well. I saw somewhere on the net,that the mac cat back was #2 out of 12 diff cat back tested as far as being the loudest.They were right! (smile)

cobrabitn 08-07-2004 11:13 PM

Andrew,

I will get Edmond to put the dyno video on the server and you can hear what it sounds like. It really is loud and obnoxious! :D

Aaron94 08-19-2004 02:39 PM

Go with the 3.5" tailpipes for sure, it looks WAY better than stock! I'll dig up a photo of mine tonight and post it when I get home from work.

cobrabitn 08-20-2004 12:07 AM

Cool.... Here's the video in case you haven't seen/heard it!

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/movies/0...Cobra_Dyno.mpg

:thumbsup:

Aaron94 08-20-2004 12:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pics to give you an idea of the 3.5" tips.

venomous 08-20-2004 07:18 AM

Aaron, those 3.5" pipes look great man!!! I believe I will have to go with the 3.5" pipes after all! :bounce: BTW thanks for the pics. :thumbsup: