SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   South Central (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   SCMC MSR Event - Post pics in here - I'm start (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13096)

93KingCobra 11-15-2006 02:18 AM

Some great pics from HPD....http://www.jrsalazar.com/cars/svt-co...tos/index.html

They show a certin someones GT going off track.. :eek:

SuperG 11-15-2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93KingCobra
Some great pics from HPD....http://www.jrsalazar.com/cars/svt-co...tos/index.html

Ah...so there are the 2 folks who bumped.

UFO 11-15-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperG
Ah...so there are the 2 folks who bumped.

The guy in the Supra was adamant that the girl in the Vette hit him. I guess, technically, he was right. That's what you get for passing someone on the inside of a corner. What on earth was he thinking?

97CasperCobra 11-15-2006 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 93KingCobra

Yay!!! I get to clean that thing on Friday.....maybe I should charge extra... :doubt:

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO
That's what you get for passing someone on the inside of a corner. What on earth was he thinking?

there was a LOT of that going on as you can see here the white Supra almost hit Stan in Turn 1. You should have heard me cursing the guy while taking pics..... :mad:

Admiral 11-15-2006 12:07 PM

Jeesh, that photo of the Supra trying to stuff Stan in Turn 1 shows some agressive driving IMHO. A bit too agressive for a DE event from my past experience.

I'm glad Stan's car wasn't damaged!

97CasperCobra 11-15-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral
Jeesh, that photo of the Supra trying to stuff Stan in Turn 1 shows some agressive driving IMHO. A bit too agressive for a DE event from my past experience.

yea....after cursing at the Supra at the top of my lungs I realized that they had already gone past....:( The white and red Supra were really bookin it on the track. You can see in the pics from HPD that the red one bumped a Vette off track as well..... :nope:

Levi 11-15-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

I gave the red supra a point bye at the beginning of the pit straight. I SAY the white supra coming and did not give him the point bye because we where at the end of the pit straight going into turn one. I was concerned if he could get slow'd down in time, so I did give up the inside lane just because he was carrying so much speed going into turn one. Fortunately he did not pass me and all is well. They where vary fast to say the least, But,,,,,,, If we had been racing I would have protected the inside line and he would not of had a chance to make the pass. Mike you are right this is a DE event and not a race; I just hope more people get the point before some thing really bad happens. I for one was there to hang with my friends, learn to safely drive my car at speed and above all have fun. :cool:

Admiral 11-15-2006 02:27 PM

Stan, sounds like you had the situation well in hand. Part of DE is situation avoidance as well as awareness, both seemed to be working properly in your vehicle. Nice job.

At DE events we rarely know the other drivers or their habits so keeping up with the situational workload is just as important as driving the proper line. Placing your vehicle out of harms way "just in case" might mess up a corner or a lap, but it's much better than the alternatives. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman 11-15-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97CasperCobra
You should have heard me cursing the guy while taking pics.....

I did!!! :)

03 cobra toy 11-15-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Stan, sounds like you had the situation well in hand. Part of DE is situation avoidance as well as awareness, both seemed to be working properly in your vehicle. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Very true Mike !! Stan is a great driver/person :thumbsup:

Hazman 11-15-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

The agressive behavior took place toward the end of the day Saturday. Certain drivers were cautioned about their driving that afternoon. Sunday morning Andy / David / Edmond did an excellent job of calming everyone down and making sure this was a safe event. I do not recall any problems Sunday. At any event you can have some folks who get overly excited shall we say and I thought the SCMC event staff did a good job of addressing the issues!!!!:thumbsup:

Twice Bitten 11-15-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Yay!!! I get to clean that thing on Friday.....maybe I should charge extra.

Royce already did the hard work by removing all of the under body panels on the GT :thumbsup: :bounce:

He even took the Cobra R to the car wash with the floor jack and cleaned the under side as well :D :D

97CasperCobra 11-15-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twice Bitten
He even took the Cobra R to the car wash with the floor jack and cleaned the under side as well :D :D

don't tell me you took THAT off-roading as well..... :(

Twice Bitten 11-15-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

don't tell me you took THAT off-roading as well..... :(

No, he just finished cleaning the underside from when the oil cooler line broke back in March :thumbsup:

Firme 11-15-2006 11:13 PM

Here are some great pics from Paul V. , a participant from last years event that could not run this year.

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/gallery/2120418