SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Shine (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   peel away (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6036)

cowboyharry 03-21-2004 09:01 PM

peel away

I got to thinking that if I put Saran Wrap or similar product on the front end of my car while driving a good distance that when I got there I could just peel it off and have a bug free clean front end. Has any one ever tried this before? What do youins think about this? Harry.

venomous 03-21-2004 09:43 PM

Never tried that before, but it sounds like a good idea!! I don't see why it would not work. I'll have to give it a try and see!! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy 03-22-2004 10:29 AM

I haven't tried that but I have heard that if you cover the area's of the car that you want to keep clean or have clean up easily with a LIGHT coat of vasoline that the bugs, dirt, whatever come off very easily! :D

Mystic Cobra 03-22-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy
I haven't tried that but I have heard that if you cover the area's of the car that you want to keep clean or have clean up easily with a LIGHT coat of vasoline that the bugs, dirt, whatever come off very easily! :D

Isn't that and old drag racers trick? Putting vasoline behind the rear wheel wells?

Cowboy:
You should invent a product, a saran wrap knock off, "Bugs be Gone" car wrap. Engineer it, invent it, become a gazillion aire, and buy a Ford GT and let me drive it (for giving you the name, it's only fair bro). :cool:

97whitevert 03-22-2004 05:53 PM

spray vegtable oil ( Pam) works well

Big Daddy 03-22-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Cobra
Isn't that and old drag racers trick? Putting vasoline behind the rear wheel wells?

Yep, I gues Lisa's answer is the new age solution to the problem. PAM IT! :D ;)

cowboyharry 03-22-2004 07:27 PM

I dont wanna put greasy slicky stuf on my car. ech. I guess I could get my car a bra. But it dont have no TT's. :p

cowboyharry 03-22-2004 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Cobra

Cowboy:
You should invent a product, a saran wrap knock off, "Bugs be Gone" car wrap. Engineer it, invent it, become a gazillion aire, and buy a Ford GT and let me drive it (for giving you the name, it's only fair bro). :cool:

Ifn I was a gazillion aire I would just give you the gt. But to make that much $$$$ you would have to come up with a better product name. ;)

nckissfan 03-22-2004 11:25 PM

how about "The Bugonator". They wont be back :D !

Aaron94 03-24-2004 06:54 PM

3M makes a film that is a little more permanent than one drive, but it works very well, and is pretty unoticable. My uncle had it on a Audi S4 he was driving for a little while (dealer buyback, he works for VW/Audi). he had to point it out to me, but it was all over the front bumper, and a strip on the hood, from the front lip to about 8 inches up. its applied with a heat gun (scary! :eek: ) and is removable. I might look into doing this instead of a Bra for my drive to the 5th, if i do it, we'll have a pretty good atestment to how it works. i like the idea of something not applied/removed with a heat gun, as that sounds bad for the paint, but its becoming more popular. just a couple thoughts on the subject... :thumbsup:

cowboyharry 03-24-2004 09:24 PM

Yeah, Id seen somewhere some kind of clear film to put on a rocker panel or fender. Dont think I want to heat gun that stuff on the front of my car. I think Ill try the throw away clingy wrap for bugs on the front. But I might put some of that 3M on my teeth. :D Be easyer to clean dont you think. Have any of youins used a bra on your front end? Looks like to me that if it wernt tight or stayed on a long time it might rub the paint????

sssvtcobra 03-25-2004 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboyharry
Yeah, Id seen somewhere some kind of clear film to put on a rocker panel or fender. Dont think I want to heat gun that stuff on the front of my car. I think Ill try the throw away clingy wrap for bugs on the front. But I might put some of that 3M on my teeth. :D Be easyer to clean dont you think. Have any of youins used a bra on your front end? Looks like to me that if it wernt tight or stayed on a long time it might rub the paint????

I just thought I would put my .02 in about the bra. I had one on my '94 GT. And where the bra ended on the fenders and hood, it put marks and lines on them. Also I found out if you leave it on for a period of time it will cause your paint to fade. I ended up having to have my front end repainted. I will have to try the saran wrap idea, sounds good.

scocher 03-25-2004 11:45 PM

Now, you guys are getting really silly. I understand the desire to keep the bugs off, but a gorgeous Cobra running down the road wrapped in Sran wrap sounds a little too "redneck" to me!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

venomous 03-26-2004 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scocher
but a gorgeous Cobra running down the road wrapped in Sran wrap sounds a little too "redneck" to me!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Redneck??? Thats the only way to be!!!! ;) ;)

cowboyharry 03-26-2004 10:06 PM

Not only am I a red neck , I be a hillbilly red neck.
some of us like to keep our cars clean. Now , once I peeked in the ladies room here on these forums and youins was talking about how dirty youins cars were and for how long they had been that way. Shame shame. Now youins go back to the dirty cars forums. Now give me the clingy wrap. I got better thangs to do than to scrub dem bugs off. :p