SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Shine (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stangbum; Got my Flows (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4277)

34Ford 07-01-2003 04:03 PM

Stangbum; Got my Flows

Hey Rick,

Remember me telling you about the 40 series Flowmasters on Epay for $40 a piece. Well I ordered two Sunday and their here!:bounce:
Guess Ill be using the ole welder.:thumbsup:

Oh, and my car cover came also. Now this is a much better color.

Right on:D

Dennis

STANGBUM 07-02-2003 07:28 AM

Thats great Dennis, We will here you coming now:cool: I gave Robert the web address for the tail lights.

34Ford 07-02-2003 08:34 AM

Oh and here is the address for the Instrument Cluster Diagnostics.

Its on Mustangworlds website.:thumbsup:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm

Dennis

STANGBUM 07-08-2003 03:24 PM

Hello Dennis,
Haven't heard from you lately, just wondering if you got your flows on yet?:D and your window tint:D
Are you coming to the show Friday? Would like to here it:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

34Ford 07-08-2003 04:35 PM

Hi Rick

Hi RIck,

I have been waiting on you to say something:D

Got the flows finished last friday. My gosh what a job!:eek:

Anyway, the only thing I dont like so far about them is the drone it has at 2000 rpm. Not sure if bigger tailpipes would help or not.

And the window tint:mad: for the most part is done, but I have a long story for you about it. I basically ended up sending Gila a letter about my dissapointment and their refunding my money. And I still have to buy a roll of the 35% film! Dammit!

I dont recommend buying pre-cut tint from them. But if you buy their tint on the roll and cut it yourself and use the right soap, it is a good product.

Hope to see you and Robert friday. Now Im installing GPS in the Mach.

Dennis

White Venom 07-08-2003 05:27 PM

the drone is famous by flowmaster. it will always be there

Redfire GT 07-08-2003 08:55 PM

Stangbum, I am now a member :) Dennis, i am glad you posted about the window tint. Was tossing it around a little.

34Ford 07-09-2003 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by White Venom
the drone is famous by flowmaster. it will always be there
Well at least its not something I did. Thanks for letting me know.
I will be asking other Flowmaster owners.:thumbsup: Maybe I should have gone with Magnaflows?

Dennis

redsnake99 07-09-2003 07:52 AM

2100 RPM drone

I heard the drone with the stock mufflers and I still do with the Flows on my 99 Cobra. Sure, it's loud, but then that's what I paid for. It will most likely be there regardless of what muffler brand you chose.

My brother and I recently stripped out the interior down to the metal and put down a sound deadener called Brown Bread. It has helped the interior noise situation and also helped with the heat coming up through the emergency brake opening.

:thumbsup:

34Ford 07-09-2003 12:23 PM

Re: 2100 RPM drone

Quote:

Originally posted by redsnake99
I heard the drone with the stock mufflers and I still do with the Flows on my 99 Cobra. Sure, it's loud, but then that's what I paid for. It will most likely be there regardless of what muffler brand you chose.
:thumbsup:

Yea, you have a point. The stock mufflers did have a drone come to think of it. Noticed it as I drove up my driveway.

Ill keep it this way:thumbsup:

Dennis

34Ford 07-09-2003 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redfire GT
Stangbum, I am now a member :) Dennis, i am glad you posted about the window tint. Was tossing it around a little.
Robert!

I cant believe I didnt see your post earlier today.:eek: Doh!

Glad to have you here.:thumbsup:

Anyway, not all tint is bad. Just Gila's pre-cut film and solution.
Ill explain friday.

But tinting a car is not easy, especially the back glass.:smack:

Dennis