SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tips/tricks (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7712)

MvKeeper 10-23-2004 02:29 PM

Tips/tricks

I am just looking for some hints, tips, or tricks that some of you guys (or girls) could tell me about. My mom just came home with a 2004 GT Mustang and me and her are both driving it, I just got my permit this month. I was wondering about any cheap addon's or mod's I could begin doing. I am convincing her to take it to the track MIR and race some and let me take it when I can. So if anyone has some hints or anything as to what I can do to start fixing her up. Also anytime that you all are going to the track I would love to meet you or at least see you all race.:D

Its a 2004 GT, 40th anniversary, V8, Automatic(sadly)
I will find out some more later.

cobra330 10-23-2004 05:55 PM

Lots of stuff you can do to it...

A few things that will work that are inexpensive are

Underdrive pullies
Cold Air Induction (CAI)
Gears
You also will want to do some suspension work
Subframe Connectors

Those are just a few to get you started..off the top of my head. Come back and let us know what else you find out about the car.

95SVTCobraVA 10-24-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MvKeeper
I just got my permit this month.

Number 1: Please be carefull and under no circustances race on the streets. I wish I could up load a pic of what a soccor mom did to her van and 2 other cars yesterday when she blew through a stop sign while we were picking up trash. Luckly no one was hurt seriously.

Quote:

I was wondering about any cheap addon's or mod's I could begin doing.

What Mike said is a great list.

Quote:

Its a 2004 GT, 40th anniversary, V8, Automatic(sadly)
I will find out some more later.

Sounds like a great GT :thumbsup: Just keep washed and waxed and your GT will look great for a long time :D What color is your GT?

:D :D :D

MvKeeper 10-24-2004 09:19 PM

Me again

Ok thanks guys I will be sure to start looking those things up online and head out to the store.:thumbsup: As for the street racing and speeding I havent gone over 60 mph and thats what the track is for, but thanks for the reminder.:cool:

Ok so from what I can get from the book and some websites its a 4.6L SOHC V8 with 260 hp, its automatic, 302 lb-ft, Independent modified MacPherson front suspension, Coil spring 4-bar link, horizontal shocks rear, and its is silver with medium graphite interior... thats all I can really find for now. If you all want to know anything else just ask.

This weekend I managed to get to MIR with my mom and gf, I got some pic's from saturday night if they come out I will try to post them or I will give you a link. :D :cool:

cobra330 10-24-2004 09:24 PM

So..you were at MIR? Hmmm...I have been trying to get there...Maybe next time I go or you go...we can meet. Sounds like a nice car...and like Tony said keep it washed and waxed!

MvKeeper 10-24-2004 09:55 PM

Yes Saturday night we went to watch, still working on getting my mom behind the wheel. Trying to get a friend to go over the basics with her. Just tell me the next time you plan on going and I will see if I can head over there. Do you just go for the big events or Friday night runs too?

Thanks I love it and so does my mom, she says she loves the looks the most!:cool:

About the Wax, what is the best type of wax to use I know theres a bunch, any that you all like? Also what if any other cleaning supplies might I need? Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

95SVTCobraVA 10-24-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

About the Wax, what is the best type of wax to use I know theres a bunch, any that you all like? Also what if any other cleaning supplies might I need? Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

There are plenty of good detailing products out there.

I use
Meguiars Cleaning Wax once a year.
Meguiars Gold Class Wax about 2 or 3 times a year.
Meguiars Quik Detailer about once every 2 to 3 weeks or when ever I am doing a show which ever comes first.

If you keep your cars shine nice and slick you will notice that bugs and tar and road grime comes off much easier when you clean your Mustang. I find that unless I have lots of road grim I can just use water and a rag most of the time. Remember it is the soap that takes off most of the wax.

:D :D :D

cobra330 10-25-2004 08:34 AM

Ditto what he said...only Meguiars!

When I go next time..I will post it here..so, you can try to be there!

MvKeeper 10-31-2004 12:55 PM

Waxing a new car?

Someone told me that you shoudlnt wax a new car if it is right from the dealer and never been repainted cause they do something special to it.... I didnt understand it really at all but I just wanted to know if there was really a reason not to wax it since I was plannin on waxing it this weekend. :doubt:

sambo300 10-31-2004 03:13 PM

Mr Clean

Do yourself a favor,use the Mr. Clean car wash kit. Well worth the money.....you won't be disappointed. No spots.

MvKeeper 11-02-2004 06:23 PM

I spent today washing and then used the quick wax on it and she looks beautiful!:drool: I brought up the mods with my mom and she said we would look into them this week and coming weekend. On another forum < http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/49.shtml > I read a post that said one of the first things that many people do is take off the air-silence and it only takes about 5-10 min. Is this true, time wise and does it do anything for the car. Once I get that off what woudl be a good brand filter or cold air intake? Since I am new to this some good names or maybe just what you all like most would really help. Thanks

cobra330 11-03-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

I spent today washing and then used the quick wax on it and she looks beautiful!:drool: I brought up the mods with my mom and she said we would look into them this week and coming weekend. On another forum < http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/49.shtml > I read a post that said one of the first things that many people do is take off the air-silence and it only takes about 5-10 min. Is this true, time wise and does it do anything for the car. Once I get that off what woudl be a good brand filter or cold air intake? Since I am new to this some good names or maybe just what you all like most would really help. Thanks

Definetely take off the air silencer..it helps..and you can hear it sucking in air...it's pretty cool. Best air filter I would say is K&N. $50.00 for a filter that lasts forever. You just need to clean it about every 20,000 miles with the cleaner kit you can buy for $10.00. I have heard a few different comments on cold air induction kits..but, it sounds like the best one to date is JLT. I can't remember thier website address..but, look them up on the web and you can find them.....

MvKeeper 11-03-2004 07:59 PM

Ok well guess that will be tomorrows project of the day, my dad was wondering if taking out the air silencer and adding a K&N air filter and a CAI kit would have anything against the warranty on the car. If any of you all know off the top of your head I am going to call the ford place and ask for a copy or if those changes will affect it.

casey99COBRA 11-03-2004 08:16 PM

should be fine.

Quote:

Ok well guess that will be tomorrows project of the day, my dad was wondering if taking out the air silencer and adding a K&N air filter and a CAI kit would have anything against the warranty on the car. If any of you all know off the top of your head I am going to call the ford place and ask for a copy or if those changes will affect it.

SVTcobra04 11-04-2004 05:45 PM

slightly off topic but I was going to put (probley bassani) headers X or H(havnt decided yet)and a cat back.also wanted to put on a CAI.Im not shore if my dealer will allow it under the warrenty so im gonna call them when im completly shore what im gonna get.because i dont want to mess up the warranty i bought any can I and should I get something signed by the dealer saying they approved these mods under the warrenty so later on when i go to get warrenty work done they dont say no because its modded(we all know how some dealers can be).Any ideas on mods or brands to go with would be greatly apriciated.thnx