SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shelby GT500 Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Post your GT 500 pics here! (And hp numbers, too) (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15786)

cobrabitn 05-13-2008 07:43 PM

Post your GT 500 pics here! (And hp numbers, too)
 
I thought this would be a cool thread just to see what kind of Shelby snakes we have out there! :thumbsup:

Cobra4me 05-14-2008 12:31 PM

here is mine. We did a baseline dyno pull this week. Stock with bassani axleback. 412hp/ 404tq on a mustang dyno



http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h/DSC_0481.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h/DSC_0485.jpg

Levi 05-27-2008 05:24 PM

Only pic's I have right now, had to use the camera from work. Hope to get a friend or two to take some better one's real soon.


http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...etimage&id=517
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...etimage&id=518
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...etimage&id=519
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...etimage&id=520

cablernc 05-28-2008 05:50 PM

Here's mine!

NJ2000R 06-04-2008 11:24 AM

getting a proper break-in at VIR :cool:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...5-29_00018.jpg

msmap 07-01-2008 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4me
here is mine. We did a baseline dyno pull this week. Stock with bassani axleback. 412hp/ 404tq on a mustang dyno

Isn't that kind of a low number? Most stock GT500s are in the 430+ rwhp range. Was it dynoed in 4th? Mine dynoed at 437.

blk04cobra1 07-01-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmap
Isn't that kind of a low number? Most stock GT500s are in the 430+ rwhp range. Was it dynoed in 4th? Mine dynoed at 437.

Depends on what type of dyno...looks like Robbie's was on a Mustang Dyno which tends to show more of a "real world" number b/c it's a loaded dyno (like driving it on the street)...Dynojet numbers tend to be a little bit more elevated :thumbsup:

msmap 07-01-2008 06:38 PM

Yes, but 412 seems a bit lower for a GT500 from the results I have seen and read :dunno:

blk04cobra1 07-02-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmap
Yes, but 412 seems a bit lower for a GT500 from the results I have seen and read :dunno:

true, I cannot remember what % people use on the Mustang vs Dynojet dyno's, but if it's 10%, then the 412rwhp seems pretty realistic...

Angel 07-07-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabitn
I thought this would be a cool thread just to see what kind of Shelby snakes we have out there! :thumbsup:

The Site will not allow me to post attachments. How does one go about acquiring that ability?

Would a link to a photo host site be sufficient?

Cobra4me 07-07-2008 07:26 PM

updated pics

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h/DSC_0515.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h/DSC_0517.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h/DSC_0514.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h/DSC_0511.jpg

cobrabitn 07-07-2008 09:25 PM

Try it now Angel!! :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1 07-08-2008 10:35 AM

looks good Robbie...you didnt cut those springs did you? ;)

Angel 07-08-2008 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Try it now Angel!! :thumbsup:

:bounce: Thanks! :cheers: :angel: From her first photoshoot in August '06.

Cobra4me 07-08-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blk04cobra1
looks good Robbie...you didnt cut those springs did you? ;)

haha no I used BMR springs

blk04cobra1 07-08-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra4me
haha no I used BMR springs

looks good man :thumbsup:

Elapid 07-10-2008 09:03 AM

This is Elapid, which is Latin for Cobra.
 
The one time that it was standing still and not on the track!
http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1215703264

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1215703404

tlitz 07-15-2008 09:11 AM

Completed 11/01/07 CSM07XL0100
 
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...hotos00325.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...elbySema93.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...HP/TLitz25.jpg

rleard 07-16-2008 11:24 PM

One of the cars in the garage
 
This one of my little girl's
07 CS Cobra, 56 Contiental the queen, 31 Chev, 07 Calif. special, 59 Skylliner,and a few others.
The differance between men and boys, is the price of there toys.
The pictures went to never never land.

3ponies 07-21-2008 05:40 PM

Rick's Real GT500
 
My 68 Fak Snak GT500 Vert Clone is gone! I have moved up 40 years to a 08 GT500 Vert. I am really liking this car and have tons of questions of anyone who has installed the Ford Racing Performance or Drag Pack.
I have hung around this Forum for years with my 07 Roush but now I have Jack & Shell in the garage! On the Performance Packs:Here is Power Pack #1 that takes the car to the same output as a GT500KR.
I hear you can't go wrong with the FRPP power package and it won't void the warranty if installed by the dealer.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/part...rtKeyField=9968


Number 2 has more cool stuff, but no rear exhaust and I canít find a HP rating. I also donít know if I was going to switch gears why I would only go to 373s and not 410s. The 6 speed is pretty effortless on the highway. Also will the shorty headers work on the current exhaust??

2007-08 SVT MUSTANG DRAG PACK

M-2007-FR2SVT*
http://www.fordracingparts.com/part...tKeyField=10023


So those are todayís questions! Any suggestions where to seek answers? Happy to be on the GT500 board!
If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ske52lq.2udc9yaq&x=0&y=p74fz6&localeid=en_US


http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif




http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif

Richard has shared photos with you.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif



08 GT500 comes home

(1 album)
http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif

http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif
One less old one, one more new one. The Fak Snak 68 Clone went for this GT500!
Rick


- Richard




View photos



Angel 07-21-2008 06:37 PM

Congrats on the new GT500! :thumbsup: +1 On the experiance with both the Roush and the GT500 :cheers:

cobrabitn 07-21-2008 08:08 PM

Nice Ride Rich! Great garage to have too, a Roush and a Shelby. What a rush............. :D

blk04cobra1 07-22-2008 10:23 AM

Rick,

I know it won't void the warranty if you have it installed by the dealer, but for $2k, you could get a lot of aftermarket parts with more power. IMO, I would go with a JLT carbon fiber intake, then a smaller pulley on the blower, with a custom dyno tune. These two easy bolt on's should net you in the low-mid 500 rwhp range and cost less than $2k. Then you could add some suspension parts on top of that. The FRPP shorty headers will bolt to the factory exhaust, but I would save the headers for when your pushing more power.

check this out and they are a sponsor on the board:

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...roducts_id=115

puzzle13 07-23-2008 05:35 PM

You need to contact Vernon Banks aka Sandman! He has changed the pulley, CAI, headers, exhaust, xpipe, suspension, gearing, etc. I think he is currently running 600rwhp and he abuses that car at the track. Most of his work was done by Dan @ ProDyno and a few lowly mechanics at Junior's Garage in Apex, NC. His car is really fast, but it still can't hang with the real deal 03 Terminator Cobra!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ponies
My 68 Fak Snak GT500 Vert Clone is gone! I have moved up 40 years to a 08 GT500 Vert. I am really liking this car and have tons of questions of anyone who has installed the Ford Racing Performance or Drag Pack.
I have hung around this Forum for years with my 07 Roush but now I have Jack & Shell in the garage! On the Performance Packs:Here is Power Pack #1 that takes the car to the same output as a GT500KR.
I hear you can't go wrong with the FRPP power package and it won't void the warranty if installed by the dealer.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/part...rtKeyField=9968


Number 2 has more cool stuff, but no rear exhaust and I canít find a HP rating. I also donít know if I was going to switch gears why I would only go to 373s and not 410s. The 6 speed is pretty effortless on the highway. Also will the shorty headers work on the current exhaust??

2007-08 SVT MUSTANG DRAG PACK

M-2007-FR2SVT*
http://www.fordracingparts.com/part...tKeyField=10023


So those are todayís questions! Any suggestions where to seek answers? Happy to be on the GT500 board!
If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ske52lq.2udc9yaq&x=0&y=p74fz6&localeid=en_US


http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif




http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif

Richard has shared photos with you.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif



08 GT500 comes home

(1 album)
http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif

http://www.kodakgallery.com/images/invisible.gif
One less old one, one more new one. The Fak Snak 68 Clone went for this GT500!
Rick


- Richard




View photos




3ponies 07-29-2008 04:30 PM

Thanks for the input
 
I had an 03 10th Terminator and still miss it. Love the GT500 and I just want to add some of the Ford Racing KR upgrades. I will use the Roush Stage 3 for the track and Mods. I have made a basic mod list and now need to do homework. OK, I am a sissy man and my list is all Ford Racing Warranty Approved stuff!

Thanks again, I will have the Roush at the Woodward Cruise and the Gingerman event in September. Hope to see some of you there.
Rick

puzzle13 07-29-2008 07:01 PM

It's only warranty approved if a Ford Dealer installs it as I was told. Just make sure you get the right info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ponies
I had an 03 10th Terminator and still miss it. Love the GT500 and I just want to add some of the Ford Racing KR upgrades. I will use the Roush Stage 3 for the track and Mods. I have made a basic mod list and now need to do homework. OK, I am a sissy man and my list is all Ford Racing Warranty Approved stuff!

Thanks again, I will have the Roush at the Woodward Cruise and the Gingerman event in September. Hope to see some of you there.
Rick


gt500flyboy 07-29-2008 07:04 PM

Some guy took my sig pic and photo shopped it for me...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...00flyboy-2.jpg

cobrabitn 07-29-2008 08:23 PM

John,

I really like that photo a lot!! :thumbsup:

gt500flyboy 07-29-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabitn
John,

I really like that photo a lot!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, chief. I blew it up and framed it. It's hanging on my 'Shelby' wall...

3ponies 07-29-2008 08:57 PM

Plus 1 on the PIC
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gt500flyboy
Thanks, chief. I blew it up and framed it. It's hanging on my 'Shelby' wall...

Truly an excellent pic! Great job..

cobrabitn 07-30-2008 01:32 AM

I've been tossing around the idea of some dash plaques for "Cobra Alley" for our upcoming Parkway Ford show and both of those photos look like good candidates for the event. :thumbsup:

3ponies 07-30-2008 12:35 PM

Thanks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by puzzle13
It's only warranty approved if a Ford Dealer installs it as I was told. Just make sure you get the right info.

Yep, I was aware of this now the challenge is finding the right guy at the dealer to work with. The former service manager was as good as it gets but he has moved on.

My goal is do it all withing the Warranty and Ford Racing Guidelines.

Appreciate the pointers.,

RF Cobra 10-01-2008 10:28 PM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...a/0c31c90d.jpg
Mine!

Cobra4me 10-02-2008 12:33 AM

mine as in Allan's new car?

RF Cobra 10-05-2008 12:13 AM

Not mine, hers. When I told her it was time to get out she told me no, and followed it up by telling me I had to go get her the key.


I am looking at something, but that's not what I'm looking at right now. I wouldn't mind adding a vert to the stable though.

luvgun74 10-07-2008 08:10 AM

Hey folks! I'm the proud new owner of an 08 Grabber orange shelby gt 500 and also new to the site! I don't have dyno numbers yet, but will definately post them as soon as i get mine on the dyno. Have pics to post as soon as i figure out how to attach them. :(

NJ2000R 10-07-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvgun74
Hey folks! I'm the proud new owner of an 08 Grabber orange shelby gt 500 and also new to the site! I don't have dyno numbers yet, but will definately post them as soon as i get mine on the dyno. Have pics to post as soon as i figure out how to attach them. :(

welcome! and congrats! It's recommended that you store your photos on a photo hosting site such as supermotors.org or photobucket, which allow you to link to them on message boards.... :thumbsup:

Cobra4me 10-07-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvgun74
Hey folks! I'm the proud new owner of an 08 Grabber orange shelby gt 500 and also new to the site! I don't have dyno numbers yet, but will definately post them as soon as i get mine on the dyno. Have pics to post as soon as i figure out how to attach them. :(

welcome to the site!

luvgun74 10-07-2008 04:46 PM

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/6...llsize/003.jpg http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/6...llsize/002.jpg http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/6...llsize/001.jpg
Thanks again for the help. I will be looking forward to talking with you all about what next to add! =)

cobrabitn 10-07-2008 11:01 PM

Saaaaweeeet! :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2017 SCMC, Inc