SCMC Message Forum

SCMC Message Forum (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pace Cars registry (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   1994 Cobra Pace Car owners! (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9037)

Firme 03-20-2005 03:10 PM

1994 Cobra Pace Car owners!
 
Please post your 1994 Cobra Pace Car info to be listed in the Registry.

Updated 1994 Indianapolis Pace Car List:

#22 Tony Sorrentino, Rock Hill SC, Convertible
#73 Phil Saglimbene, New York, NY, Convertible
#75 David Courtad, Crossville TN, Convertible
#168 Wayne McCutchen, Greer, SC, Convertible
#194 John Coleman, Simsbury CT, Convertible
#360 Tom Merkle, Allentown PA, Convertible
#475 Sherman Peet, Fayetteville, NC, Convertible
#591 Darrell McBryde, Humble TX, Convertible
#651 Lee Schoo, Oklahoma City OK, Convertible
#790 Eric Underwood, Houston, TX, Convertible
#792 Roger Fellers, Granbury, TX, Convertible
#864 Steve Murray, Tampa, FL, Convertible
#936 Jim O'Reilly, Newbury OH, Convertible
#939 Sherri Leicht, Spring, TX, Convertible
#940 Rick Hamilton, Ashland OH, Convertible

cobrabitn 03-20-2005 09:35 PM

Updated 1994 Indianapolis Pace Car List:

22. Tony Sorrentino, Rock Hill SC, Convertible, 13K miles

frogbit 03-22-2005 08:45 PM

John Coleman, Simsbury Ct. 68k original miles

msmap 03-27-2005 04:10 PM

790

sold to:

Eric Underwood, Houston, TX
Built 4/10/94
4th owner, car has always been in Texas, 62k miles

cobrapace94 03-28-2005 11:24 AM

Darrell McB, Humble, TX
#591 Born 4/5/94
126K miles, 2nd owner & lots of mods.

VoodooChild 03-29-2005 01:09 AM

#75

David Courtad

Crossville, Tennessee

frogbit 03-29-2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firme
Please post your 1994 Cobra Pace Car info to be listed in the Registry.

Updated 1994 Indianapolis Pace Car List:

#22 Tony Sorrentino, Rock Hill SC, Convertible
#75 David Courtad, Crossville TN, Convertible
#194 John Coleman, Simsbury CT, Convertible
#591 Darrell McBryde, Humble TX, Convertible
#790 Sherri Leicht, Spring, TX, Convertible

What a nice bunch of owners:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now if we can find the other 995....hmmmm:rolleyes: When are we going to have a poker run or something like that??

frogbit 03-29-2005 11:55 PM

Just found #491. It's for sale on e-bay. 9k miles. Salt Lake City Utah. Yours for only $24,347.00....Nice to see the values going up!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

65shelby 03-31-2005 07:16 PM

Mark Young - Weddington, NC
#475 with 78k miles
Slightly modified and still like new.........

SCMC #642

Philcsag1 04-27-2005 09:33 AM

Phil Saglimbene NYC

#73 of 1000

Purchased New May 1994

Park City Ford

Bridgeport Connecticut

16,ooo miles as of April 2005

Mods Koni SA Yellows

FR500 wheels 18 x 9; 255 45 18 Goodyear Eagle GS-D3

This was my 40th B-day present to myself.

stevedmurray 05-28-2005 12:22 AM

1994 Pace Car - # 864
 
# 864 1994 Pace Car Steve Murray, Tampa, FL

One of the more "well-enjoyed" Pace Cars, with 130K miles on the odometer. Only mods are Tremec TKO tranny, RAM Force clutch, Pro 50 shifter, and 3.73 gears. Runs great. Shown at Mustangs and Mustangs 2005 in Polk City, FL. Manufactured on 4/12.

msmap 05-25-2006 06:26 PM

939 Sherri Leicht, Spring, Texas
Built 4/15/94
2nd owner, car has been in NJ, 5k miles

Firme 05-25-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmap
939 Sherri Leicht, Spring, Texas
Built 4/15/94
2nd owner, car has been in NJ, 5k miles

:eek: congratulations on the new low miles Pace car, you keeping #790?

stevedmurray 08-13-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogbit
What a nice bunch of owners:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now if we can find the other 995....hmmmm:rolleyes: When are we going to have a poker run or something like that??

Pace Car # 14 was totalled and parts are being sold currently through Mustang Parts Specialists. They have been running the seats on ebay for at least a month. I bought the SVT shifter Pace Car plaque from them.

jmark 01-19-2007 12:49 PM

Hi All -

My name is Mark Hunt and I just got my '94 Cobra Convertible Pace Car delivered. So here's the relevent information:

Last 6 digits of VIN is 158653 - so does that make it #653 of 1000?

Location: West Liberty, Ohio

Mileage: 42,900

Lots of modifications - including balanced, blueprinted and Vortech V-1 supercharged engine

msmap 01-19-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmark
Hi All -

My name is Mark Hunt and I just got my '94 Cobra Convertible Pace Car delivered. So here's the relevent information:

Last 6 digits of VIN is 158653 - so does that make it #653 of 1000?

Location: West Liberty, Ohio

Mileage: 42,900

Lots of modifications - including balanced, blueprinted and Vortech V-1 supercharged engine

Hello Mark,
Congrats on your Pace Car!!! To find out what number your PC is, you need to look at the certificate that should have come with the car. It also came with a small dash placque that was to be put on by the owner in a blank space under the stereo in front of the shifter. You can get a replacement certificate by calling 877-837-2582 and dropping $30-$40 for it. I think they will also just tell you the number of the car. The placque is a one of a kind piece that was in the original paperwork of the car from the factory. You might try to contact the previous owner to see if he has it laying around somewhere or try to find someone who could duplicate it. There is really no way to figure what number your car is, as Ford took 1000 perfect rio red verts at random and turned them into PCs. Congrats again!

cobrabitn 01-20-2007 12:25 AM

The 1994 Pace Cars were all made before the 1994 Cobra Coupes. The reason for this is because Ford wanted the "Indianapolis Pace Cars" promotional vehicles out to the dealers before the Coupes went out for advertising. 1994 Cobras are unique for that year as there were a lot of drivetrain differences between them and a standard Mustang GT. More horsepower, bigger & better brakes, unique aluminum GT 40 intakes with 1.7 roller rockers. Special Indy badging on the seats, the decklid, and as Sheri said a special badge that was given to each vehicle listing the production number out of 1000.

I want to say that all of the 1994 Cobras were made after the production of the 1994 model year Mustangs but I cannot swear to that. I do know the convertibles were made first. I own two 1994 Cobras and they are different due to the time when they were produced. One has the plastic shield for the distributor (Coupe) and the Pace Car (#22) has the rubber shield. Both cars were bought from the original owners and both were all original when I bought them. :D

jmark 01-20-2007 08:42 AM

Thanks for the info!! I've already contacted Ford and have the SVT Certificate of Authenticity coming. There is no plaque. I think I'm the third owner, but I do have the previous owners contact info from paperwork that came from the dealer.

I also found out in that paperwork that the car was modified/upgraded by Steeda Autosports. Theres a couple of dyno reports and documentation on work done (some is hard to read!!). The motor has been stroked to 347 cu. in. As I mentioned, it is supercharged. Flowmaster exhaust with X pipe, 1 5/8 headers, 65mm throttle body. I think the rear end has been modified - runs about 2200-2300 RPM at 60 mph.

I'll keep everyone posted as I find out more info!!!

stevedmurray 02-20-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmark
Thanks for the info!! I've already contacted Ford and have the SVT Certificate of Authenticity coming. There is no plaque. I think I'm the third owner, but I do have the previous owners contact info from paperwork that came from the dealer.

I also found out in that paperwork that the car was modified/upgraded by Steeda Autosports. Theres a couple of dyno reports and documentation on work done (some is hard to read!!). The motor has been stroked to 347 cu. in. As I mentioned, it is supercharged. Flowmaster exhaust with X pipe, 1 5/8 headers, 65mm throttle body. I think the rear end has been modified - runs about 2200-2300 RPM at 60 mph.

I'll keep everyone posted as I find out more info!!!

Hello jmark and congratulations on your purchase!

I am the 4th owner of my Pace Car, and was able to talk to owners 2 & 3... but was not able to locate the correct SVT shifter plaque. I talked to alot of folks... from what I have been told, the plaques were not ready at time of shipment, and the dealerships / first owners were to contact SVT for the plaque. I have also been told that there are upwards of 50% of the plaques still at SVT (or now Ford Racing?)... but after multiple attempts at trying to pry one away from them (even after contacting Hau Thai-Tang indirectly), I was unable to get one of the unclaimed plaques.

Jim at Performance Parts has told me that he had a small amount of unnumbered plaques in the mid '90's that he rapidly sold through.

As posted earlier, I got lucky and bought one from Mustang Parts Specialists (now MPS Auto Salvage due to the Ford legal attack) from totaled car # 14. I will be happy to help you with pictures / measurements / etc. if you want to try to recreate.

You are not alone - I have seen several Pace Cars without them.

Enjoy the car and I hope to meet you someday.

94indy358 04-11-2007 07:53 PM

#358
 
94 Cobra Conv #358
Born 3/25/94
Pulaski TN
64k miles showing, about 55K actual
3.73 gears
B&M Ripper shifter
K&N
Off road H-pipe
Flowmasters
Underdrive pulleys
Steeda chip

94indy358 04-11-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmap
Hello Mark,
Congrats on your Pace Car!!! To find out what number your PC is, you need to look at the certificate that should have come with the car. It also came with a small dash placque that was to be put on by the owner in a blank space under the stereo in front of the shifter. You can get a replacement certificate by calling 877-837-2582 and dropping $30-$40 for it. I think they will also just tell you the number of the car. The placque is a one of a kind piece that was in the original paperwork of the car from the factory. You might try to contact the previous owner to see if he has it laying around somewhere or try to find someone who could duplicate it. There is really no way to figure what number your car is, as Ford took 1000 perfect rio red verts at random and turned them into PCs. Congrats again!

When I purchased my Cobra back in 97 there was no paperwork with it. I contacted SVT and the sent out a copy of the window sticker, and a new certificate. They also gave me the name of the company that made the plaques. I contacted them and they made me a new plaque. I think I had to pay $45.00 for it. I don't remember the name of the company, but it was in New York. Ask SVT or whatever they are called now about it. Maybe they can find the company name for you. If they do hopefully they will be able to make you a replacement.

rogerfellers 11-02-2007 04:20 PM

My 94' is vehicle #792 and was manufactured on 04-10-1994. It has 2,950 miles on it and everything is original except the tires, wiper blades, and liquids.


Rogerf

Philcsag16 01-26-2008 09:44 PM

Looking for #225/1000
 
I am looking for the owner of #225

Please contact me Philcsag1@aol.com

frogbit 03-24-2008 11:38 PM

More Of 'em Showing Up
 
Wow....I've seen at least 5 Pace cars for sale today between ebay and autotrader.com. I guess they're getting more popular. GOOD FOR US!!:thumbsup:

Is there any one trying to put a pace car trip together or looking to join a Cobra ride??

Also looking for restoration stuff for mine. It's been driven hard and put away wet. Seats are tired. Interior is in need of refreshing and she could stand some paint.... Anyone know of a parts pace car?

stevedmurray 04-04-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogbit
Wow....I've seen at least 5 Pace cars for sale today between ebay and autotrader.com. I guess they're getting more popular. GOOD FOR US!!:thumbsup:

Is there any one trying to put a pace car trip together or looking to join a Cobra ride??

Also looking for restoration stuff for mine. It's been driven hard and put away wet. Seats are tired. Interior is in need of refreshing and she could stand some paint.... Anyone know of a parts pace car?

Hello Frogbit

It's tough to find Pace Car specific parts... but the upside is that there are not that many items you can't find via ebay or other Mustang parts houses (i.e. 50 Resto, MPS Auto Salvage, etc.). I have seen one Pace Car sold as a wreck on ebay about 2 years ago, and #14 was parted out by MPS Auto Salvage maybe 1-1/2 years ago. I did see a NOS set of seats sell on ebay a couple of years ago for real good money... when I am ready to do mine, I will upgrade the leather quality and have the upholstery shop scan the Indy logo and triple stich it in the seat. I saw a guy's Pace Car in Ft Lauderdale who had done this and it looked great.

The other interior parts that are Cobra specific are things like the door panels, the airbags and the shifter boot. The floor mats are now reproduced with the COBRA script... so you can do it right.

Good luck! Mine is a high mileage example, and like you, I will someday work on my seats ....

What I wanted to ask the group was this - are any of you in the Mustang Indy Pace Car Club and is it worth it?

msmap 04-04-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedmurray
What I wanted to ask the group was this - are any of you in the Mustang Indy Pace Car Club and is it worth it?

Steve,
What is this?

stevedmurray 04-18-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmap
Steve,
What is this?

Hello Sherri

Trust you are doing well. I hope you got my reply to your email a couple of months ago.. that was cool you remembered me.

At the B'ham MCA event (2006?), I met a guy with a 79 Pace Car - he happened to also own a 94 Pace Car that he had left at home. He gave me the card of the Indy Pace Car Registry of Mustangs, with a now defunct website. The registry or club from what I have learned is run by a guy in Colorado who wants $15 or $20 a year for couple of newsletters. No website is currently working. He gave me the guy's name and phone in Colorado... I tried a couple of times then lost the number. I wasn't sure if anyone is in this "registry" and if it was worth it.

I don't think I am going anywhere this year, but will be at B'ham for sure next year. How is the GT500???

Steve

msmap 04-18-2008 07:14 PM

Hi Steve, Doing good over here. Shelby is just fine :) Birmingham is deffinitely a go on this end. Can't wait, it should be a gas. They said they are expecting 6k+ mustangs to show up!

stevedmurray 01-18-2009 11:29 PM

Cool Window Sticker
 
Hey Pace Car Owners

SVTOA has come out with a real neat window sticker just for 94 Pace Car owners - it is a nice round sticker with a graphic of the car that says 1 of 1000. Pretty cool - go to the SVTOA website, go to the store and check it out.

cobrabitn 01-19-2009 12:34 AM

Would have been better if it gave your actual production number. Besides it doesn't have "SCMC" on the decal. :)

Why aren't you an SCMC member Steve?

stevedmurray 01-22-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Would have been better if it gave your actual production number. Besides it doesn't have "SCMC" on the decal. :)

Why aren't you an SCMC member Steve?

Hello Tony

The decals can be custom made - if you want your actual production number, you can special order it.

I would love to be able to support each club out there... but as a single income family / father of two, I consider myself lucky just to have the Pace Car I have. Between local and national clubs, I have to choose my spots. Thanks.

ASUCobra 02-04-2009 12:02 AM

#594. Tempe, AZ. convertable. Has one of 3 original roll bars with the correct strobes in the headlights and roll bar. Startin to show its age, thinkin about doin a full resto.

Philcsag1 02-04-2009 07:49 PM

LOOKING FOR THE OWNER OF CAR #225

PHILCSAG1@AOL.COM

pacecar940 05-03-2009 06:29 PM

I have number 940 with about 75000, miles on it and still looks and runs great. Hope to have it at the Pace Car reunion this month,

Rick
Ashland Ohio

pacecar940 05-03-2009 06:39 PM

Pace Car
 
Rick Hamilton

#940

Ashland Ohio

75000. Great miles.

Only Mods: BBK Headers, X pipe, 2 chamber Flowmasters, 97 Cobra Hood, CDC Light Bar. Have all original parts to return it to original if and when needed

merkstang 07-06-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUCobra
#594. Tempe, AZ. convertable. Has one of 3 original roll bars with the correct strobes in the headlights and roll bar. Startin to show its age, thinkin about doin a full resto.

Can you Post a Pic of the Roll bar that you have?

Thanks



Tom Merkle
Allentown PA

Car #360 106K and counting
Not really stock

pacificgreensvt 07-08-2009 01:09 PM

If it helps any,I see one on 13 mile & woodward alot, I THINK he works in the area.

Jims Pace Car 08-28-2009 09:58 AM

#936 Jim O'Reilly Newbury Ohio

Jims Pace Car 08-28-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firme
Please post your 1994 Cobra Pace Car info to be listed in the Registry.

Updated 1994 Indianapolis Pace Car List:

#22 Tony Sorrentino, Rock Hill SC, Convertible
#73 Phil Saglimbene, New York, NY, Convertible
#75 David Courtad, Crossville TN, Convertible
#194 John Coleman, Simsbury CT, Convertible
#475 Sherman Peet, Fayetteville, NC, Convertible
#591 Darrell McBryde, Humble TX, Convertible
#790 Eric Underwood, Houston, TX, Convertible
#792 Roger Fellers, Granbury, TX, Convertible
#864 Steve Murray, Tampa, FL, Convertible
#939 Sherri Leicht, Spring, TX, Convertible
#940 Rick Hamilton, Ashland OH, Convertible

#936 Jim O'Reilly, Newbury Ohio, Convertible

Jims Pace Car 08-28-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jims Pace Car
#936 Jim O'Reilly, Newbury Ohio, Convertible

This is very interesting ! But I thought I was adding my name and car number to the registery.
I guess I'd like to do that, maybe someone could tell me how !

Awaiting a reply............ Jims Pace Car


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 SCMC, Inc