View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #38
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Adam,

My point was that you never even been to a SCMC drag day and you already knocked it before you tried it. Why don't you try it first and then if you still feel the same then don't go back. (Although if you won the cash, you would probably feel different about it) This is a club event, not a big time drag race. Everyone goes there to get practice for launching, to see if they can beat their best times, to race their friends or foes, or to see if their mods have made a difference in the 1/4 mile times.

If you don't want to drive the 4 hours then maybe your two hour trip to Rockingham would better suit you but I will say that the reason this event gets bigger everytime is because it is laid back, a lot of fun, and it's a great hooking track where you could beat some of your best times.

The event's reputation has spread and people actually look forward to it in the Spring and Fall and are requesting another Drag Day during the year. Unless you have a 9 second plus car with an automatic transmission or trans brake, you don't stand a chance in a heads up race and you would have your tail handed to you. There are some serious Mustang racers that attend to "test and tune" and enter the bracket racing competition.

Another plus is you can stay all night for "grudge racing" and not have to pay any extra. Maybe this is the format that you seek? The air is cooler at night and that was when Rob ran his best time with his Ported Eaton. I'd like for you to attend because we'll all be there, if you choose to stay at home I respect your opinion and promise not to chat negative about your decision on the Internet. I guess you can just read about it later that night or see the photos the next day?

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote