View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #47
Jims Pace Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Jim,

There were 1000 Pace Cars produced in 1994. There are not a thousand out there anymore because over the past 15 years some of the following has happened to them:

1. Wrecked
2. Crushed
3. For Sale on Internet or dealer lots
4. People still have them under wraps as collectible and do not want others to know
5. Some people just don't want to have their car listed
6. Parted out

Now if there are 600 of these cars left, how many are for sale? Looking on autorader, you can find numerous ones not to mention how many are on
dealer lots. While 13 may be a low number, there are still people who have not found this site and have no idea about our forums.

Enjoy the car you have, go on cruises, and educate others so they can appreciate the exclusivity that you own.
###############################################

Hey Guy !

Thanks for your reply, I guess it was imformative. I mean, "who'd a thunk"

If you looked at my post (and the math) you can "kind of" see that I answered my own question there. I said something about the numbers of registered "Pinto Owners" on "fordpinto.com

In 1973 (one of the years I own) Ford made a million or more of those car, and yet there are only 4500 registered Pinto owners WORD WIDE.

Sorry if my question miss led you, the figures you quote are possabily correct. And then the "Pinto? figures somewhat back that up.

I guess what I was trying to say is.........
"I'm supprised at the lack of interest in what should be a a very desirable car"
Well your answer took some of the "Air" out of that baloon, but I still think its a "Very Desirable Car".

And I'm still asking the same question (I think) Just that, maybe I should "reword" it.

Here we go, lets see what this sounds like.......

#1, not where are the 1000 that were produced, your math seems to work well there.
The question should read more like "Why is there so little interest in such a low production and beautiful car ?"

#2, not how many of these cars still exist, your math kind of answers this.
The question should read more like "would anybody like to hazard a guess as to what the survival rate might be ?" I'd kind of feel the figure would be low.

In travelling cruises, I've come accross several Corvett Pace Cars, and believe it or not, a Studeabaker Pace Car. I've seen ABSOLUTELY NO MUSTANG PACE CARS. Actually been asked "Is that real"

I could go on and on, take up more and more space, its just that the question would be quite redundant.

So, what ya think ? Forget the fact that I'm way off track, you (anybody) can go ahead, hazard a guess. What number do you think are still around ?

Lets just say........
This is a "poll" not a "for the records"
Through out a number, please.

Best as always...... Jims Pace Car
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote