View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Spiney

Question Cobra Engine Decal can I get builder info from Ford?

I just purchased a 96 SVT Cobra in excellent shape. As you know the 96 Engine builders plate was not a plate but a decal. The decal is fading just through age and heat. I don't think the original owner ever cleaned the engine. The first builder's signature is gone. The 2nd one is there but faded bad. I read somewhere else where people have taken the decal and had a custom plate engraved so we could have a plate like all the future Cobra engines. Can I get the builder's names from Ford? Is that info included in the Certificate of Authenticity that is mentioned in the FAQ? Thanks, Spiney-Dave

245 40ZR 17 Firehawk tires mounted on Ford Racing Cobra 17 X 9 chrome wheels, Super Chip, Flowmaster H pipe w/3 chambers and stainless steel tips, B&M short throw shifter, K&N air filter system, Optimal Red Top battery,Hawk performance brake pads. Have all original parts

Previous Stangs in order. 67 CP 6 Cyl 3 Spd, 68 Cp 6 Cyl Auto, 70 FB 302 4V Auto, 82 GT 5.0 HO T-Top 5spd TRX, 70 Mach-1 351-C 780 Holley, Hurst 4 spd Louvers, all purchased cheap except 82 GT purchased new. Very sorry I no longer own them especially the Mach-1.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote