Thread: 94 Mods
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #6
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Well I got the full coil overs installed this weekend. We also put the MAC catback on but it still needs a little adjusting as it rattles a little against the body of the car occasionally. The result with the catback was definitely noticeable. Now it is even louder then before, almost so loud I am ashamed to even start it up in the mornings when I go to work for fear of blasting out the neighbors.

What I have noticed overall is that the car is quicker out of the hole, has a smoother flowing exhaust, and handles much better then ever. I don't even notice the shift retard anymore. Here's what is left to have done this weekend:

1. Corner weighted, diagonally balanced, set the ride height (I'm letting a pro do this)
2. Gap and install new spark plugs
3. Advance the timing by at least 2 degrees
4. Get an alignment

Before the open track event:

1. Fix and install cooling ducts
2. New brakes and turn the rotors
3. Bleed and flush complete brake system from air

After that, it should be a go!

I plan to take it to the dragstrip in two weeks to see if I can dip into the 13's. I'll have a set of drag radials with me to keep everything in check! I hope you are right with the hp level. With an OR pipe it dynoed at 225 rwhp, I do hope I hit the 250 mark at least...

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote