Thread: Back in an SVT
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
ViperBlueCobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Mustang
congrats on the GT500....so, how does it compare to the 04 Cobra?
It's really not a fair comparison. I purchased a gt500 with modifications already done to it. So to compare, mod to mod car to car would be my only comparison. My 04 Cobra had pulley, cold air, tb, exhaust, gears, etc.

The power of the gt500 is a different sort. You can feel the weight, but you definitely get moving quick. It feels comfortable at the higher speeds and to me, has better brakes. However, the terminator had way more traction. either because of less power or less weight. The Shelby tends to want to just spin the tires at any sign of boost. While the terminator would squat more and get you down the road. But this could be because my shelby has full suspension already done, and it seems to be set up for road course, not drag racing.

Interior and quality for the shelby is, imo, light years a head of the 04 cobra. The finish and fit seems to be much better. My 04 cobra had 24k miles on it when I traded it in, and everything that could rattle and shake did.

The driving experience, as far as pulling up some where, I get ten times more looks and complements on the shelby then I ever got with the terminator. I just don't think the general public realizes how much of a beast the terminators are, and never really got that main stream appeal.

I plan on purchasing a little cash truck next month, so this car can sit in the garage. I really enjoy and respect this car, and I don't want to put all the miles and wear and tear of daily driving. Good thing is, I'm only 5 miles from work.

Overall, I'm thrilled. Every morning coming to the garage and see it sitting there, it's finally sinking in that I do have this car. And I'm sure it will be a more of a reality check when I send off the first payment this month. lol

2.7 pulley, cold air intake, kooks long tubes and catted xpipe, magnaflow mufflers, FRPP short throw shifter, sway bars, Upper/Lower contol arms, springs, and tokico shocks, heat exhanger with fans, RXT clutch, 3:73 gears.
ViperBlueCobra is offline   Reply With Quote