View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Cobra-R
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Cobra-R
You also asked about MM and Griggs, so I will reply to that since I have used both on my 95R.

Handling between the Griggs and MM is pretty even with the edge going to MM(probly 1-2 seconds a lap). I ran the full system with both brands, everything from K-members, coilovers, to torque arms and panard bars. MM deffinately has the advantage in the durability area, I was breaking my Griggs parts within 10 or so weekends on the track.

Here is where I am going to differ from Bonny and Greg. I have driven a 00R with a Full KB rear IRS system with a Barts works SLA front setup. Personally I don't think there is enough to be gained by the rear system(on a IRS car) to justify the cost in all but the most hardcore track cars. It did work well, but I think that putting Delrin bushings throughout a stock IRS and IRS subframe will get you 80% of the way to the full system and be alot cheaper.

One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is, whatever you choose to go with, stay with that brand throughout. Mixing brands in different parts of the car will defeat many of the benefits that you are striving for. Even though parts may look the same and they are engineered to acomplish the same result, they usually achieve it through different means.

Brian
2011 BMW M3
2010 Camaro SS
2008 Corvette Z06
2000 Cobra R #131 of 300
1995 Cobra R #23 (AV8SS and NASA AI #23)
I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...
Cobra-R is offline   Reply With Quote