View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
jdscott74
SCMC Member

Post SCMC/Dragon Run -- October 10, 2010 -- Knoxville, TN

Tony asked me to start a thread and gauge interest in this year's Dragon Run, scheduled for Sunday, October 10, 2010, the day after the Ted Russell show in Knoxville, TN.

The Dragon consists of 318 curves in 11 miles and is located on Hwy 129 between TN and NC.

Find out more information about the Dragon by going here, www.tailofthedragon.com.

Last year, after meeting around 7am in west Knoxville, we gathered everyone together and took the ~45 minute trip over to the start of the "Dragon" (Deals Gap, Robbinsville, NC). We'll probably head out early again this year, to beat the crowds to this very popular road.

There's a shop immediately after the twisty bit, so we can catch our breath and buy some souvenirs.

After the curves, things are wide open, depending on the group's wishes and how much time everyone has. We could drive the Cherahola Skyway, like we did last year. We could stop and visit the Fontana Dam. We could head back to Knoxville via the Foothills Parkway. Or do everything and make a full day of it!

If you're interested, contact me by e-mail/PM, or by replying below. Let me know how big of a trip you're looking for, and preference on meeting time and location.

If you have questions, shoot those my way too, and I'll do my best to answer them!
-- Dyno: 454 hp/456 ft-lbs tq (stock)
-- 1/4 Mile: 13.15 sec @ 112.48 mph w/ 2.35 sec 60'
--
www.ozzy.net/jdscott/gt500
---
-- 1996 Mystic Cobra
-- www.ozzy.net/jdscott/cobra

jdscott74 is offline   Reply With Quote