View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 01:06 AM   #6
NO 5 OH

Send a message via AIM to NO 5 OH Send a message via Yahoo to NO 5 OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousSVT
How the hell did you manage to tear up 4 gears? What are you going to do with it now rebuild to stock or give it an over haul?
Lord I wish I knew. I have a theory as to how it happened but nothing concrete as to what went wrong. I dare say when the sleeve broke and I was still trying to slam gears in it at WOT and it wasn't going into gear is what did it... although I don't know how 5th gear got mangled The only option really out there was to get the G-force upgrade which was very expensive... All the gears are direct from TTC (stock replacements), however the synchro kit was from D&D and is a heavy duty kit with hardened steel synchro rings. They were about twice as much as stock set. If you didn't do the McLeod sleeve when you did the clutch it would be a very wise idea to replace it in the near future. I didn't do it on mine as the stocker looked "fine" but a 100 dollar part wound up costing me about 1500 dollars later... AND the 100 dollar part on top of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousSVT
The Hoosier will do the trick for you, I've been hearing good things about them. I'm in the same boat as to which tire to get for dragday the Hoosier or MT Radial, I'm just going with a set of Centerline Telstars 15x8 in the rear.
It was either that or a Mickey Thompson... the 28 X 11.50 Hoosiers are 10" wide on the treadwidth whereas the Mickey's come in at just under 9" for the exact same size. I wanted as much rubber on the pavement as I could get. I've got a set of the 335 Hoosier's for the street/occasional drag strip action so I didn't want another set of radials which is why I went to a bias-ply tire. since you're running a SRA in the rear of your car you should be able to run just about anything under there you'd like... a 325/50-15 MT drag radial would work nicely for you if you would rather have a DR... that's a 28" tire and won't have the "sway" like a bias-ply tire will. I hope I can get mine to fit and not worry about them rubbing anything

Shannon

Chuck Norris built my Cobra. It runs off the tears of small children and makes 10,000 horsepower. He calls it his "street version."
NO 5 OH is offline   Reply With Quote