View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 07:58 AM   #14
ausie
Don't let the dog drive

Send a message via MSN to ausie
you could alway prime the letters in silver and then paint over that in a candy blue color or some sort of transparent blue. At least the motor is silver. Since the matt is black, dark colors may not show well unless you could provide a smooth surface for the paint. What would be nice is to mount stainless steel inserts within the letter indents. I do not believe there are many adhesives that will stick to the material. However, if you removed the matt and worked on it off the car, you could do just about anything with it as long as you do not tear it when taking it off. Sounds like another product idea for those stainless steel insert people. Polished stainless steel inserts with metal hooks on the back or possibly threaded posts with brackets so that you can mount them on the liner when it is off the car. That to me would be my choice, at least stainless steel will not change color or get dull. Even some stainless steel flames too. Nah, better off to keep it simple. I even thought about getting a large LCD display to hang there under the hood, and mount a small color spy camera somewhere in the egine bay and display all of those looking at the motor bay on the screen. Of course that would have to be removed when you want to use the car. Since both the camera's and the LCD operate on 12V dc, there should be no problems provinding power. If you really tricked out your car with chrome suspension parts, you could also put in small remote cameras to show that off too. Sure you could provide a DVD movie. IF you had a video camera, you could easily make a DVD movie (that is if you have a DVD burner on your computer). That just happens to be another hobbie of mine. It is really cool what you can do with some video footage, and some background music and a good video editor. The first year I went to the shows, I only used the camera on a limited basis which did not yield much to play with. sooner or later I will be adding a DVD display so that I can put on display some of the video work I have done on the car shows. Just an idea, although not original since I have seen several rides showing movies at the shows. But not the car show itself (the previous, not the current)
ausie is offline   Reply With Quote