Thread: Dead vette...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #12
winddy1

Send a message via AIM to winddy1
Quote:
Originally posted by 98Cobretti
Yes, its best to be safe, I only get in races usually on long stretches of road that have few or no sidestreets preferably at night time, on my way home from work there are a couple. I dont fool around with hills or blind turns or traffic filled streets, youll just end up getting hurt or hurting someone else (worse). Don't get me wrong, I love to race but I try to be as safe as I can about it.

-----------------

same here ....

usually, Tim and I like to find a lonely stretch where there isn't anybody else around .... then we "race" each other ...

very carefully remembering to "shut it down" if any form of "movement" from any direction is sensed.

This one time, I was with Tom in the '99 (Tom was driving)
and Tim was in the '98 next to us on the right. Stopped at a light. I was talking to Tim and didn't realize that on the other side of us a newer Trans Am pulled up.

Just before the light changed I sensed the motor reving up ... I looked at Tom and saw the RPM's at about 1600 .... then
I saw the
TRANS AM !!!!

on the other side of him .......

You know what I said ??

Don't you dare !!!!!!!!!

The light changed, Tom took off slowly and the Trans Am was gone.

I reminded him that he doesn't want to loose his driving priviledges, but I also reminded him that the Trans Am would've totally humiliated him !!

And, that it isn't worth it!! Next thing we know, we see a cop !!

Were not sure, but we think he may have been after that Trans Am !!

winddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote