View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
8paws1snk
8paws1snk

Newbie from Waxhaw, NC

First posting here so go easy, have no clue what i'm doing. Purchased an '01 'vert with low miles, currently pure stock, have been a visitor to the site for a few years and picked up some great ideas from reading your postings. Thanks to all who contribute. Yes, i had the mid-life crisis and realized the '03 Prius, while a great commuter car for sitting in I-485 traffic, left a bit to be desired, so justified the acquisition of the Cobra with the gas savings. Thanks to Al Gore III's Prius driving skills (100+ mph) captured on police video, these cars are gaining some respect. Doubtful. Didn't realize Toyota offered a GT version with an extra copper winding on the electic motor and a real suspension 'cause mine feels like a cheap Jersey motel Vibra-Bed when exceeding 75.

Question - Looking for a little extra out of my Cobra but don't want to mess with the exhaust as it is plenty loud even in factory spec (verified by fellow SCMC members on the Blue Ridge Parkway cruise - great time by the way). One thought was to change out the rear axle gear to a 4.10, can someone who has done this conversion provide some feedback, pro or con. Do plan to add a cold air kit and a short throw shifter. Thanks