View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
ausie
Don't let the dog drive

Send a message via MSN to ausie
It is hard to avoid those who are willing to risk more than just pride on the street. I like your attitude on the subject Ever since I started racing at the drag strip, I had no interest in playing on the public streets. I may have done so on the highway but not from a dead stop. Considering the GTO issue, I lost one at 175 mph and he or she could not keep up however the driver of the GTO did pass me after I slowed down to the speed limit (probably not a good thing since they were still moving at speed and if they were drinking or drunk that could have been a disaster). Another thing I like about the drag strip is that they have strict rules on alcohol which is banned. You have no idea what you will find out on the street. The main important concept is that you will not loose your license or your car if you drag race at the track, on the street they can take both from you if you are caught. That is probably what that cop was attempting to do was to steal my car from me by accusing me of illegally drag racing on the street when all I did was slow down for a speed trap from 43mph to 35mph (speed limit was 40mph ) long story that was already told. I still have alot of reserved words for that incident.

As far as street legal drag racing ( sometimes referred to as grudge match at some tracks) that is one great means of having fun without the issues. It is very addictive and hard to stay away from the track once you have done it. Some drivers do have an attidude and to them it is all or nothing and they take loosing very hard. When my friend in the stands told loosers buddy that I do not care if I win or loose to the other driver since I am racing agianst my own time (past history of ET's) he got really upset. So there are those who have ego attacks, but other than that I have fun every time I go to the track.
UPR double lock firewall adjuster
UPR GMS extreme double hook quadrant
Wheels: Ford SVT 10th anniv. wheels (track duty)
SVE 10th anniv. style 17x9F, 10x10.5R
BBS RK Plasma 18x8.5F, 18x10R (retired)

(retired) 2001 black SVT Cobra, October 2001
missed but not forgotten
ausie is offline   Reply With Quote