View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #8
SVTSnak

The bad part is, I've tried Haynes & Chilton's manuals before when I used to wrench on my Camaros. However, it always seemed that when you had to take off something "big" or important, that's where the manual "disappears". Those manuals seem good for general maintanance and such, but if you're doing a very involved repair (say tearing down the rear end and replacing the spider gears or something), they seem to be a let down. At least that's what I"m used to. Ever since then, I usually always get the factory manuals for the cars because they seem to cover absolutely everything.

I'm just wondering if these couple of missing pages might be a big issue or not. If it's just a couple of index pages or something, then I'm not too worried about it. However, if the last couple of pages are wiring diagrams or something important like that, then I don't want to be missing those and this one manual won't be worth the discount.

But staying on the thread topic...I'm going to be replacing the switch/sensor in the block tomorrow evening, so we'll see if that helps the gauge work.

Mat
1996 Black SVT Cobra
SCMC# 1969
Plate: SVTSNAK
Totally Mod-Free
South Bay Photography
SVTSnak is offline   Reply With Quote