View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
SVTSnak

Crap...

Well, I replaced the gauge sensor in the block just over the oil filter. No such luck. The gauge still reads all the way to the left.

Actually, I just noticed that when you turn the key on the gauge moved even a little more to the far left. Almost seems like a polarity problem or a bad ground or something? I think my gas gauge in my 69 Chevelle did that and I found out the ground wasn't secured well enough and once I cleaned and resecured the ground, the gauge worked fine.

anyway, so it's either the gauge or the wiring to the gauge (oh joy...I just LOOOOVE electrical problems ). I really don't feel like taking the dash apart, especially since I wouldn't know how to really test the gauge to see if it's bad (or if it's the wiring to the gauge). Oh, and just for poops and giggles, I did pull every fuse in the car to make sure none were bad and all appeared to be just fine, so it's not a fuse.

Maybe I'll just buy an Auto Meter A Pillar dual gauge trim piece and put in a set of mechanical Auto Meter oil pressure and water temp gauges and be done with it. Hmmmm....

Mat
1996 Black SVT Cobra
SCMC# 1969
Plate: SVTSNAK
Totally Mod-Free
South Bay Photography
SVTSnak is offline   Reply With Quote