View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
temjin9876

Send a message via Yahoo to temjin9876
Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, it has happened

Not mine but by god I saw the WHOLE thing.

Get this....Z06 vs 03 cobra

I was coming home from work tonight and saw a very nice black Z06 (w/ dealer tag). It had to be new because it had the new Big titanium tips on the back. Anyway, I was following behind him not really thinking anything of it. We turn onto Mansell Rd and what is sitting right there????? a red 03 cobra!!!

I just about lost my mind when I saw this scenario. A Z06 and an 03 Cobra next to each other at a light.....revvvvving. Light went green and they were off. I tried as hard as I could to keep up so I could see this drama unfold. 03 won by a noticeable margin; maybe 1 car length. By this time I had decided that the 03 could NOT be stock a)exhaust sounded very aftermarket b)HE JUST RIPPED A Z06 A NEW ONE....

well thankfully there was more. They got on 400-S so I followed them. They raced onto the freeway and merged. I was really on it just trying to keep them in sight. I catch up to them and they are cruising right next to each other talking about something. I see a thumbs up from the Z06 and they took off again. 03 again pulled away.

I could not believe that I had witnessed this clash of the titans. I had to pinch myself when I got home to type this just to confirm that it really happened.

There you go...

New Redfire 03 in the stable!

98 Black Cobra Coupe (sold RIP)
Mods: Steeda Sport Springs, K&N Filter, Flowmaster 2-chambers, King Cobra Clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, FMS 4.10 Ring and Pinion, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, clear corners, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Heavy Duty Steeda rear uppers, 100mm Densecharger full length CAI, Royal Purple, FR500 Steering wheel, Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors, Tokico Illuminas, Steeda LCA's, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, C&L 80mm mass air
temjin9876 is offline   Reply With Quote