Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #31
03slidewayzSVT

Send a message via AIM to 03slidewayzSVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Adam,

How many SCMC drag days have you personally attended?

NO SCMC yet!!! But now that I'm into the car and tuning scene more...I'll be at more if there was more... I'v only been a member for 18 months...How many drag days you had???

03slidewayzSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:37 AM   #32
NO 5 OH

Send a message via AIM to NO 5 OH Send a message via Yahoo to NO 5 OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03slidewayzSVT
NO SCMC yet!!! But now that I'm into the car and tuning scene more...I'll be at more if there was more... I'v only been a member for 18 months...How many drag days you had???
They have had the SCMC Drag Day almost since it's inception I believe... I could be wrong about that but I wasn't here from the "very beginning." It's safe to say that in the 18 months that you've been a member you could have made it to at least three events.

If you want to run "heads up" then run someone like that during test and tune. I really don't think you want to run "heads up" with some of the cars that go to that event... you're liable to run an event like that and get your feelings hurt. Do you actually go to the track a lot and race your car? Can you cut a really good reaction time? How quickly you can react to the tree has LOTS to do with heads up racing... first to the line wins without redlighting. Your car may make a decent amount of horsepower... but can you drive your car like you think you can? That is the question I'm wondering

And I know that I haven't ever attended the Drag Day event since I've been a member (which has been several years) but my car is WAY faster than a 13.99 and I haven't been inclined to put a bar in it yet. I might see what I can do before this years event as I would like to run my car in the 1/4.

My .02... sorry if I offended anyone.

Shannon

Chuck Norris built my Cobra. It runs off the tears of small children and makes 10,000 horsepower. He calls it his "street version."
NO 5 OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:43 AM   #33
InfamousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO 5 OH
They have had the SCMC Drag Day almost since it's inception I believe... I could be wrong about that but I wasn't here from the "very beginning." It's safe to say that in the 18 months that you've been a member you could have made it to at least three events.

If you want to run "heads up" then run someone like that during test and tune. I really don't think you want to run "heads up" with some of the cars that go to that event... you're liable to run an event like that and get your feelings hurt. Do you actually go to the track a lot and race your car? Can you cut a really good reaction time? How quickly you can react to the tree has LOTS to do with heads up racing... first to the line wins without redlighting. Your car may make a decent amount of horsepower... but can you drive your car like you think you can? That is the question I'm wondering

And I know that I haven't ever attended the Drag Day event since I've been a member (which has been several years) but my car is WAY faster than a 13.99 and I haven't been inclined to put a bar in it yet. I might see what I can do before this years event as I would like to run my car in the 1/4.

Shannon

It sounds like Adam doesn't like the way the SCMC dragdays go? This is a quote from another board he's on

Quote:
I might just be there...The Cobra club race is BORING bracket racing that I F***ing hate!!!! So I might say screw it and come to CR dragday... :deadhorse

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 AM   #34
03slidewayzSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousSVT

It sounds like Adam doesn't like the way the SCMC dragdays go? This is a quote from another board he's on

Yah so Bracket racing is boring!!!!! And I'm NOT doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #35
03slidewayzSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO 5 OH

Shannon
I care NOT!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #36
NO 5 OH

Send a message via AIM to NO 5 OH Send a message via Yahoo to NO 5 OH
Quote:
I care NOT!!!
Well then why even post about it if you don't care? I'm confused about this one...

Bracket racing takes skill, and you do have to be consistent to be good at it. Something that is not the easiest to do with a stick in your hand. Tony is right that it does level the playing field and allows slower cars to be competitive against the faster ones. If you're going to go to a "heads up" competition then you'd need a full list of rules/regulations to make the field "fair" more or less. It's a lot more headache for those putting on the event. Besides it's not like this is some big "national" event or anything... we go as a club for a day of fun and seeing how fast we can go and not to be out there competing for "big prize" money. I think the most I've seen payout for the bracket competition is like 300 dollars... I may be wrong about that.

Seriously... if you want to run "heads up" against people go to FFW events and you'll find what you're looking for then. But you better bring more power and/or a lot more gas... cause you're gonna need it.

My shameless .02 e-cents... your mileage may vary

Chuck Norris built my Cobra. It runs off the tears of small children and makes 10,000 horsepower. He calls it his "street version."
NO 5 OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #37
03slidewayzSVT

It really doesn't matter because I'm not going anyway!!!! I'm not driving 4 hours stay overnight to bracket race!!!! I'll go to rockingham If I wanted 1320 for bracket racing......

Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #38
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Adam,

My point was that you never even been to a SCMC drag day and you already knocked it before you tried it. Why don't you try it first and then if you still feel the same then don't go back. (Although if you won the cash, you would probably feel different about it) This is a club event, not a big time drag race. Everyone goes there to get practice for launching, to see if they can beat their best times, to race their friends or foes, or to see if their mods have made a difference in the 1/4 mile times.

If you don't want to drive the 4 hours then maybe your two hour trip to Rockingham would better suit you but I will say that the reason this event gets bigger everytime is because it is laid back, a lot of fun, and it's a great hooking track where you could beat some of your best times.

The event's reputation has spread and people actually look forward to it in the Spring and Fall and are requesting another Drag Day during the year. Unless you have a 9 second plus car with an automatic transmission or trans brake, you don't stand a chance in a heads up race and you would have your tail handed to you. There are some serious Mustang racers that attend to "test and tune" and enter the bracket racing competition.

Another plus is you can stay all night for "grudge racing" and not have to pay any extra. Maybe this is the format that you seek? The air is cooler at night and that was when Rob ran his best time with his Ported Eaton. I'd like for you to attend because we'll all be there, if you choose to stay at home I respect your opinion and promise not to chat negative about your decision on the Internet. I guess you can just read about it later that night or see the photos the next day?

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #39
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
The funny thing is that it's not just bracket racing. You can make 30+ runs if you want. You won't get that at "the Rock". The bracket racing usually takes about 45 minutes out of the day.

johnbasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #40
InfamousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbasf
The funny thing is that it's not just bracket racing. You can make 30+ runs if you want. You won't get that at "the Rock". The bracket racing usually takes about 45 minutes out of the day.
+1

I honestly think that if you decide to make it Adam you will enjoy it.
Hell, we all meet up in Rock Hill and have a line of Cobra's (and some chevy friends) cruising down 77 the whole way there.......it'll be a blast.

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #41
Big Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Big Daddy
Quote:
It really doesn't matter because I'm not going anyway!!!! I'm not driving 4 hours stay overnight to bracket race!!!! I'll go to rockingham If I wanted 1320 for bracket racing......
Adam,

YOU DO CARE! You hijacked another thread, you started a poll and you posted about it on this thread! IF you didn't care you wouldn't have done all that. Please attend the event THEN make suggestions on how to improve it. You can't make it better if you don't attend so you REALLY know what is going on! Take care, hope to see you there!

Kenny Brown '01 Cobra S
Serial # 01-047C
True Blue Performance Forged Short Block
FR500 Heads & Cams, Fluidyne Radiator
McLeod Clutch and aluminum flywheel
Aluminum Driveshaft, UPR adjustable clutch cable
GT40 Fuel Tank & pumps, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, 60lb injectors,
Vortech T-Trim W/After Cooler, 2.9" RR Pulley
Anderson Power Pipe, Accufab Throttle Body (USELESS IMHO),
MGW Shifter with the blue handle
KB Oil Cooling system, KB Differential Cooler
Autometer Phantom boost and fuel pressure guages
Kenny Brown Aero Kit, Kooks LT Headers
H-Pipe with H-flow cats, Bassani Cat Back
Snow Boost Cooler
T56 Six Speed Tranny
MGW BLING-BLING interior stuff
645RWHP and 558RWTQ
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #42
03slidewayzSVT

Your right, I do care I'm just try to get poeple siked up about running heads up...Sorry if most people took it the wrong way....

Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #43
mkkrs1

Quote:
you know ,you will be there with Pro-Dyno

03 cobra : Sold
635rwhp 627rwtq

07 Terminator King
08 Terminator King
mkkrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #44
03slidewayzSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkrs1
you know ,you will be there with Pro-Dyno