Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #16
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Well, I got the lower control arms installed yesterday. Just a few more tweaks and I should have it ready for the weekend. I have to take it to the Ford place to get the entire brake system flushed and have fresh fluid installed. They will also do the alignment and after that, it's down to the track.

The cooling ducts didn't work out too well as they are for a 1999 - 2004 and the spindles are different on the 1994 model Cobras. I should have known that but didn't think about it. So, I'll probably modify the ones KB sent me to see what needs to be done for them to work on the 1994. I will be running just the ducts with ties around them and the tie rod ends and keep them pointing at the rotors till I figure something out.

That MM stuff really seems top notch but we'll see how it does on the track this weekend. I'm probably going to get scolded for this but I didn't get a chance to heat cycle the Hoosiers so....whatever. I can't do it all!

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #17
InfamousSVT

I rode with Tony on a couple of laps and it was sweet hell!

I'm defenitely transfering to track junkie!

Already got the MM stuff planned, now all I need is some money for it. But, the suspension will all have to wait until I get some bills paid off and the Kenne Bell installed!

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #18
Aaron94

Send a message via AIM to Aaron94 Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron94
Hey Tony!

I am glad to see some serious suspension mods go into your 94! I have been dreaming of the full MM front treatment to go with my griggs rear setup that the previous owner had installed. I have been keeping my eye out for some used stuff. I have been saving every penny for a trip to Europe this fall, so not much cash has been flowing for the Snake as of late.

Exhaust makes a 5 litre sound so sweeeeeeet doesn't it? Time for a big cam, and better heads. If you do a lot of open tracking, and are keeping the revs in the 3.5k+ range as you should be, you will have a lot of fun with a cam that has big gains in the upper RPM.

On a side note... I am really looking forward to the Knott's event, and have my reservation made already.

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Aaron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:54 PM   #19
cobrabitn

Aaron,

I really like your sig banner a lot. Did you do that? Anyway, the car handled very well at CMP and the suspension definitely made a difference. Of course, I went through half the tread on the Hoosier tires that weekend.

The gearing and the tires made a big difference and it allowed me to drive the car more recklessly...er I mean aggressively. Yeah that's it, I meant aggressively. Anyway, the MAC catback sounded oh so sweet and it really held its own against Steve Ragan's 99 Cobra and Burke Dawson's 97 Cobra.

I am thinking about AFS 185 heads, what sort of rwhp gains can I expect? I'm looking into my crystal ball right now and I see a 392 stroker going in with...... wait a minute...... is that a supercharger? I must be imagining things here.... I see this Electron Blue 2002 Corvette in the front of my windshield....oh, man I was so sorry I had to go around him in that stroker... Oh well, maybe Mike S will forgive me when the session is over. Hope he doesn't think I was reckless or anything.

It was fun talking about it anyway. It's not like I am going to do that or anything? I mean, you'd have to have some $$ to lay down right? Can anyone loan me some $$?

All in fun of course!

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #20
Aaron94

Thanks Tony! Yes, I did the sig myself with Photoshop. I want to possibly take out the blurred section and throw in a shot of my intake manifold, but I like it as is for now. I took a 8 week course at my community college on photoshop and learned a lot!

Afr 185 heads would be great. I would have sugessted 165s, but not since you have supercharger aspirations... (no pun intended ) Especially with a 392, 185s would be great. i would say 30-40 rwhp might not be out of the question with your current mods, and a good mass air and T/B, and a tune. Without going to a really wicked cam, 300 rwhp is pretty hard with a 302 without going really crazy. the 185s are a little too big for a 302 NA too, you wouldnt realize as much torque gain compared to 165s. this is all what i hear, so dont hold me to it. with a 5 litre on a road course though, i woudlnt be too concerned about peak HP numbers, just a nice FAT torque curve that starts around 3k, and let your suspension do the talking.

Also, if you want to make the 94 coupe your track thrasher, may want to not even worry about S/C. just go with a high compresion 392 like you are talking about. i would think you would be able to get 400 hp, 450+ tq to the ground, and it would be plenty, and reliable. A guy i know out here runs a 95 cobra with a 351 block bored/stroked to a 427 and puts over 400 to the wheels N/A.

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 AM   #21
cobrabitn

Yes Aaaron, a 392 NA would be nice but I see something more then that. I'm going to leave it a street/track car even if I do the SC thing. I don't want my car to be accused of being an all out track car. But when it hits the track, some people in this club are going to know it. It's not how fast you want to go, it's how much $$ do you have to make it go that fast. After seeing Lester's car, don't be surprised if sometime in the future I don't follow his footsteps. At that point, then we'll see who is going to do all of the jaw jacking!

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 AM   #22
InfamousSVT

Tony, if you get behind the wheel of a car with that much power and is set up for track, then you are going to become even more RECKLESS!

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:56 PM   #23
Aaron94

I see where you are coming from.... However, I would take much more joy from building a nasty NA motor, and dial the suspension in, and become a better driver. Then waive as I pass an SC'd stang in the corners, and the sound of my pushrod motor with off road exhaust mutes the whine of a supercharger...

I just dont see the need for a SC on a road course, power isnt all that important, at least that much power. Pace car for your street car, make the 94 coupe a road course warrior, the mystichrome for the drag strip/street. You've got it made bro!

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

Old 03-30-2005, 02:30 PM   #24
cobrabitn

Aaron, if you would have heard Lester's supercharged 351 stroker motor, you would know why I am going to build it with a s/c in mind. It'll be NA at first and if that's not enough then they'll be a huffer installed.

This guy had 800 at the rear wheels and all you heard was a whine and he had open exhaust. Maybe something like this would make people respect the 94/95 models more?

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #25
RF Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
I mean, you'd have to have some $$ to lay down right? Can anyone loan me some $$?

All in fun of course!
That sounds funny coming from the rich guy with 3 Cobras!
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #26
cobrapace94

Send a message via AIM to cobrapace94
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Cobra
That sounds funny coming from the rich guy with 3 Cobras!
And he sold his 99 to get the 04.

If you do get some AFR 185's on the stock short block pistons, you will need to fly cut the pistons.

1994 Cobra Indy Pace Car Convertible # 591 of 1000
2001 Cobra, #2001 of 3384 verts, Black on White, Born on 6/01/01
cobrapace94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:25 AM   #27
cobrabitn

So, you're saying I have to have machine work done in order to use the AFR 185 heads? I thought they were a direct bolt on with no modifications?

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #28
cobrapace94

Send a message via AIM to cobrapace94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
So, you're saying I have to have machine work done in order to use the AFR 185 heads? I thought they were a direct bolt on with no modifications?
If you try & put them on a stock block with stock pistons as a replacement head, you will have piston to valve clearance problems. The do bolt on. If you wanted to put them on using stock pistons the pistons can be flycut while still in the block, need a piston fly cutter.
If you build an engine, you can specify pistons that will clean the large 2.02 valves of the AFR 185 heads.

1994 Cobra Indy Pace Car Convertible # 591 of 1000
2001 Cobra, #2001 of 3384 verts, Black on White, Born on 6/01/01
cobrapace94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:14 AM   #29
SVTCobra96

Send a message via AIM to SVTCobra96
i put 3.90 gear on my gt..i like it alot it just kills in gas driving the speed limit in 5th on highway im at 2000-2100rpm but through town very very fun..kinda wish i woulda went with 3.73s but what the heck

"All throttle No Bottle"
SVTCobra96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:17 AM   #30
SVTCobra96

Send a message via AIM to SVTCobra96
if i were you id go with 165 afr heads if you dont have any power adders..they acually flow better than the 185 heads i know a guy near holcomb place that has great deals on AFR heads and such if you want ill give you his number but anways if you get heads i think you have to do 200 in work to get them right to put on..

"All throttle No Bottle"
SVTCobra96 is offline   Reply With Quote