Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #1
N A Rush

Production date and VIN help please!

Production date and VIN help please!

I was recently having a conversation with my 9 year old who has expressed an interest in my passion of Mustang.

What I would like to do is find a Cobra that was manufactured the same day she was born, Jan 5, 1995.

Would anyone have a database with the VIN's that were produced that day or would anyone have one that was produced around that date to help me narrow the search down?

I was able to find

#1570 born 2/1/95
#1431 born 1/27/95

on another forum but was wondering if anyone could help me get closer to 1/5/95?

TIA
Eric
N A Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:47 AM   #2
jkrkk1

That would be really cool if you can find what you are looking for, I settled for just finding my 95 black convertible because my oldest daughter was born that year. If you can find the actual production date of your daughters birthdate, wow.

On a further note, my car is stock, and I will keep it that way with the exception of a 3.55 gear, soon to be installed. My question would be what is the best timing for this car. Factory says 10, when I bought the car it was set at 14. I backed it off to 12. The car is hard starting the first time you crank it, back off and hit the key again and instant startup. Does anybody have any suggestions on the hard starting and on the timing. How much differece will I feel from the 3.55. I had a 90 LX 5.0 years ago, and I'd say that it was quicker off the line than my 95 cobra. It runs strong, just not cat quick like I expected.
Thanks and God Bless
jkrkk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Black Snake

For the VIN and born on date question, I’m not aware of any place that would have a list of every Cobra produced in 1995. Even if you did find a VIN, I have no clue how you would then track the car down. Give SVT a call and see what they say.

For the second question, timing on every car will be different. There is no magic number to cover all cars. Back when I was NA, mine was happy at 16* (no pinging). But a friends 94 was only happy with 14* (he had a lot more miles on his car). Advance the timing until you just start to hear some detonation and then back it off 2*. For ballpark numbers you can get away with 14-16.

On the hard start problem, how many miles on the car and how often to do currently drive the car? When was the last time you did a tune-up? What is the condition of the battery? Check the basics first.

As far as the gears are concerned, I would have went with 3.73’s. They would give you a larger kick in the seat.
93 Cobra: Vortech S-Trim, ARF 165’s, TFS Stage I cam, 42# injectors, Kirban AFPR, Pro-M 80, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6BTM, MSD Blaster Coil, fuel pressure and boost gauges, 255 Walbro in-tank pump, T-Rex, 130 amp 3G alt, Fluidyne radiator, Mark VIII fan, 1 5/8" JBA unequal length shorties, Bassani off-road X-pipe and cat-back, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, D&D tubular K-member & coil overs, Tokico Illumina shocks/struts, Global West LCAs, 3.73 gears, Pro-5.0 shifter, Winger letters

02 Corvette Z06: LG Pro Long Tubes, GHL Catback
Black Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #4
venomous
Polk County Redneck

Send a message via AIM to venomous Send a message via Yahoo to venomous
I always thought it would be cool to find the build #'s of other 94 cobras close to mine. Like mine are Build # 4830 of 5009 and Build #3524 of 5009, I would like to find #4829, #4831 and #3523, #3525. Would be tight!
~1995 "Rio Red" Cobra #3379 of 4005
2.2 Kenne Bell Blowzilla/ Flowzilla Supercharger (12# Boost), AFR 165 Aluminum Heads 61cc, TMoss Port Matched Cobra Lower, Trickflow 1.7 Roller Rockers, Crane 2031 Camshaft, 3/8" Intake Spacer, 60# Injectors, Accufab 75mm Throttle Body w/ Blank Spacer, DynoJet Wideband Commander, MSD Pro Billet Distributor, MSD Blaster Coil, SCT Big Mouth Meter BAF 2400, JLT Custom Cold Air intake, Deleted EGR/ Smog, Mac Chrome Radiator Pipes, Mac Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, Mac O/R H-Pipe, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Ford Racing 3:73 Gears, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Cobra R Wheels
Pro Dyno Tuned to 498 RWHP 497 RWTQ
venomous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
Aaron94

Send a message via AIM to Aaron94 Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron94
#3564... kinda close.

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Aaron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #6
jkrkk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Snake
For the VIN and born on date question, I’m not aware of any place that would have a list of every Cobra produced in 1995. Even if you did find a VIN, I have no clue how you would then track the car down. Give SVT a call and see what they say.

For the second question, timing on every car will be different. There is no magic number to cover all cars. Back when I was NA, mine was happy at 16* (no pinging). But a friends 94 was only happy with 14* (he had a lot more miles on his car). Advance the timing until you just start to hear some detonation and then back it off 2*. For ballpark numbers you can get away with 14-16.

On the hard start problem, how many miles on the car and how often to do currently drive the car? When was the last time you did a tune-up? What is the condition of the battery? Check the basics first.

As far as the gears are concerned, I would have went with 3.73’s. They would give you a larger kick in the seat.

63000 miles, I purchased the car on Jan. 2nd and have put less than 250 miles on it. I need to put fresh gas in it, injection cleaner is ready to go in and I have a new rotor and cap to put on. The timing was at 14, I backed it off to 12, so you think I should go to 16 unless there is ping? It turns over good and strong, just doesn't fire the first time you crank it.
Thanks and God Bless
jkrkk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:40 PM   #7
Greg

1995 Build Date

Mine was built on 1/19/95 and my vehichle number is 1068.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #8
93Cobra#2771

Yep, I'd guess it would be easier to go through SVT and try to get them to at least give you the production numbers for that date in particular. I doubt that they will give you vin#'s but they might be willing to give your "car #XXXX-#XXXX was produced on that particular date.
93Cobra#2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:03 AM   #9
Stavesacre21

Send a message via AIM to Stavesacre21 Send a message via Yahoo to Stavesacre21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
Yep, I'd guess it would be easier to go through SVT and try to get them to at least give you the production numbers for that date in particular. I doubt that they will give you vin#'s but they might be willing to give your "car #XXXX-#XXXX was produced on that particular date.
That would indeed be quite interesting to see what SVT would do about it. Like many of us enthusiants, they understand the driving passion behind productions numbers. As mentioend, I don't know as though they would be able to give you VIN numbers, but I'll almost gaurantee they could tell you the numbers and how many rolled off the floor on 1/5/95. Who knows...they could possiably slip you a few numbers - they seem to understand the love for Cobras better then anyone! (duh)

That would be impressive though...very much so actually. Imagine if you were able to store it away and cover it until like, say January 5th of 2011. Yea, that would be the ULTIMATE sweet 16! Granted that a girl wouldn't get too worked up, but knowin that she'd be driving a car that is LITERALLY has old as her (to the very day), it'd be enough to bring a smile to my face! That would be the biggest ever!

Nevertheless, Good Luck on our journey buddy. That's a killer goal to shoot for!

Daily Driver

2002 Corvette Convertible
Millenium Yellow

22K miles, Summer ride
Stavesacre21 is offline   Reply With Quote