SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > Suspension Tech
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2005, 03:28 AM   #1
InfamousSVT

Front Suspension Question.

I've got an 04' Cobra, is there any bushings or anything that I can get for the front suspension to make it have a better turning feeling?

Thanks in advance!

1994 Chevy S-10 - DailyDriver
InfamousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
Firme
track deprived

I don't know what you mean by "a better turning feeling" (as is less plow, or more road feel...etc) but...

You can get Control arm bushings, urethane or delrin, for more sturdy feel. Steering rack bushings, urethane or aluminum, to give you better handling response and road feel. You can get a sway bar if you get the feeling that you "tip" to one side when you turn. hope that helps.
~#2743 of 3867 Born on 8/6/01
- Magnaflow Catback, Magnaflow X-pipe, 03 Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM front Coil-Over kit, MM STB, H&R rear Race Springs, MM IRS bushing, MM upper and lower rear Control arm bushings, Custom SFC. MGW shifter(replaced the p.o.s Tri-Ax), a whole slew of MGW pieces

Founding member of the "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society
Firme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
InfamousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firme
I don't know what you mean by "a better turning feeling" (as is less plow, or more road feel...etc) but...

You can get Control arm bushings, urethane or delrin, for more sturdy feel. Steering rack bushings, urethane or aluminum, to give you better handling response and road feel. You can get a sway bar if you get the feeling that you "tip" to one side when you turn. hope that helps.
Firme, that is what I meant, sorry for not being too precise! I've been working 12 hour days for the next 3 weeks and it was really late at work when I wrote it!
What I'm wanting is the better handling response and road feel! So does MM carry all of these, I'm sure?
I've got the H&R springs on it, so do they make bushings specifically for the lower mustang or should I just get the standard urethane bushings?

Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2005, 01:08 AM   #4
Firme
track deprived

No Problem man.

Getting bushing for a lowered Cobra is the same as any other. Get Urethane for better performance and decent driveability, get Delrin for best performance, but you will sacrifice by having more driving noise and a stiffer, more abrubt ride.

MM makes all of these, except for the sway bar...you gotta get that from Steeda or Kenny Brown

otherwise,

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/urethane_front.asp

you don't need any sway bar urethanes, as your car already has them, but there is the control arm bushings (unless you get aftermarket control arms from them, which also give you the urethane and delrin bushings, but also offer less unsprung and overall weight.)
---------

as far as rack bushings, just get normal, center hole bushings. Offset are only good for foxbody stangs or aftermarket K members. They used to say get the offset for the lowered cars, but those seem to cause more problem on the 94+ cars than anything. If you have a bumpsteer problem(which is why people get offset), get a bump steer kit, not offset bushings.

aluminum http://www.maximummotorsports.com/rbd.asp
urethane http://www.maximummotorsports.com/ur...eeringrack.asp
- Magnaflow Catback, Magnaflow X-pipe, 03 Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM front Coil-Over kit, MM STB, H&R rear Race Springs, MM IRS bushing, MM upper and lower rear Control arm bushings, Custom SFC. MGW shifter(replaced the p.o.s Tri-Ax), a whole slew of MGW pieces

Founding member of the "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society
Old 01-21-2005, 01:32 AM   #5
InfamousSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firme
as far as rack bushings, just get normal, center hole bushings. Offset are only good for foxbody stangs or aftermarket K members. They used to say get the offset for the lowered cars, but those seem to cause more problem on the 94+ cars than anything. If you have a bumpsteer problem(which is why people get offset), get a bump steer kit, not offset bushings.
What exactly is Bumpsteer?

Old 01-21-2005, 01:35 AM   #6
Firme
track deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousSVT
What exactly is Bumpsteer?
the changing of your steering dimension (toe to be exact) as your suspension travels. Look here http://www.maximummotorsports.com/mmtierod.asp

Old 01-21-2005, 01:46 AM   #7
InfamousSVT

Ok, I get it now! Thanks!