SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > Ford GT
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Pete S.
SCMC Member

2 Summit Point events for 2010 I plan to make.

2 Dates for track days at Summit Point, WV

Track Dates for 2010 are April 21st and September 8th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I attended both events last year with this group; they run a very safe and casual event with a wide variety of cars. And towards the end of this post is a link to more information on the road course being created near MIR.

http://www.colonialchallengecup.com/

(Note: both dates are on Wednesdays)

Colonial Challenge Cup Inc is a charity dedicated towards raising funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County and certain other schools and organizations that support the education and development of children and young adults.
The Charity has raised over $171,000 in direct contributions to various programs offered by the Boys and Girls Clubs of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County including the Annapolis Boys and Girls Scholarship Trust, the Keystone Club, the Photography Club and the Gordonstoun International Summer School in Scotland. Over the last eleven years over thirty seven students have been provided with financial assistance to attend Universities and colleges of further education.
Financial support has also been provided to Phillips Programs which is a non-profit, private organization serving the needs of individuals with emotional and behavioral problems and their families through education, family support services, community education and advocacy.

TRACK DAY IS ...
Enjoying your vehicle on the track without the restrictions of everyday traffic and the standard road obstacles like the police, Sunday drivers and Mini Vans.

It provides an opportunity to drive your own vehicle on a track and learn new driving skills, revitalize the ones you have forgotten and apply the ones you will learn "correctly" in a controlled environment with a professional instructor at your side.

SUMMIT POINT TRACK, the "Big Track", is over two miles in length with 10 demanding corners including a series of S-turns through the carousel, that will be both challenging and very rewarding for those of you that adhere to your instructor's advice. Additionally, you will be briefed by instructors in a classroom environment about the rules and regulations prior to embarking onto the track with your instructor. "Safety First Always". After each session you will be debriefed on your performance and ways to improve your driving skills. You may also qualify to drive solo if approved by your instructor. Full details will be in the program.

Events

Tatton Park
Plans are well underway for Maryland’s Motorsports Park planned to open in 2012. It will be located at Budds Creek next to the Maryland International Raceway, the East Coast’s premier drag strip. www.tattonparkmd.com

I have been getting some good feedback over here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/m...-point-wv.html

See you at the track,
Pete S.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Pete S.
SCMC Member

A rainy day to start made for only 2 sessions of mostly dry track, this last Wednesday. I was happy to see a few other Fords out there, including 2 other Ford GT's. I don't think any of the three of us really pushed the cars as much as last year; I know I was 3 to 4 seconds slower than last year; but we all had fun.
Of course I did take a bit of video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6uoUxoy6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_x1pNR3OA

Now the prep for VIR begins.

Pete S.