SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > The SCMC Lounge
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
dcdoug

Cobra guy needs help with feedback on Partskeeper

I would like to ask for your help with beta feedback on Partskeeper.com - a site I’ve created to help car guys keep track of car part numbers, torque specs, installation pics, etc. (Something I’ve always found to be a PITA). I am a DIYer with an '07 GT500, a 427 Cobra and a '95 Mustang GT track car, but I need more help kicking the tires on the site.

Here's the background:

I got tired of looking through email order confirmations for part numbers and googling torque specs and figured there had to be a better way. When I looked around for an app to help me manage it, there wasn't one, hence the genesis of Partskeeper.

Partskeeper is a site to find, store, buy and manage all of your auto parts, part #s and part specs in one place as part of a vehicle profile. The site filters over 2m parts and only shows you those that fit your vehicle (although this feature works better with standardized vehicles), including links/prices to sites where they can be purchased. It's free to use (it makes money via affiliate commissions if a user buys parts using the links).

It's a beta, so not everything will be perfect. It currently has about 2m unique parts and should cover nearly every OEM part. It also has aftermarket performance parts, but these are more of a work in progress as many don't fall neatly into make/model/year/engine categories (especially for specialized or modified cars). There is a “modified” check box when you set up a profile to provide flexibility for engine swaps. Users can also add new parts missing from the database and there will be a community editing feature in the not-to-distant future too. The site works on mobile web and there will be a native mobile app in the future.

Anyway, let me know what you like, don't like, would use, wouldn't use and features you would like to see. You can post feedback here, PM me or email me at doug@partskeeper.com.

Thanks!

1965 Shelby Cobra 427 Continuation Series
2007 GT500 Convertible
1995 Ford Mustang GT Track Car

www.partskeeper.com (Place to find parts, save part #'s & torque specs)
dcdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
I looked it over and I think you should make the text easier to read as it is too light, as in light gray. When you select a year, go the other way, most recent to oldest. That may make more sense. HTH

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote