SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > Kill Stories
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
Thumbs down I got pwnd(or whatever that word is)

Not too much of a race, but here goes.

I went to the bank before going to work a few weeks ago and as I was leaving I got stopped at a light and a early 80's Monte Carlo with a really, really huge cam and some big tires pulled up next to me and started revving it really hard at me. When the light turned green he took of quickly and then slowed down as I started slowly seeing as 1st is totally useless on the stock Good Years. I shifted into 2nd(BTW second is pretty useless without good throttle control) and pulled up next to him and we both hit it at the same time and we both stopped at about 55 or 60 as it was in the middle of town and I had him by about 2 cars and pulled on him the whole time. So I was feeling all good about me and my car for beating his dude in this short little race we had when all of a sudden blue light come running up on us and we got pulled over. To make a long story shorter I'm very glad I don't live in Lowndes County, GA anymore as those cops are some mean dudes. I got let off easy with a $257 fine, and no points added to my lisense. Instead of charging us with racing and reckless driving he charged us with attempting to start a race. He was actually a pretty cool cop and started BSing with us after giving us our tickets. He obviously doesn't know exactly what kind of car I drive though as twice he said to me that he didn't know what I was thinking racing this other guy because it was obvious that I would have gotten beaten pretty bad.(like I said his car had a huge cam and his exhaust was extremely loud, wear some big ass rubber on the back. I don't think it is his daily driver) The second time he told me that I said, "I don't know, my cars pushing 500hp." Of course I'm not making that at the wheels but I was guestimating what my car would make at the flywheel. When he was telling me this I was thinking what was this guy just watching as I pulled on the dude pretty good.(I imagen his car was an auto though) After I told the cop my car was pushing 500 hp I turn the the guy driving the MC and asked him his best time and he said 7.4 in the 1/8 on spray(don't know how much) and of course he didn't spray during our little short race.

BTW street racing is pretty stupid, but when someone challenges you like that guy did me its hard to back down.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
ausie
Don't let the dog drive

Send a message via MSN to ausie
Had the same issue but the cop claimed I was racing or attempting to start a race when all I did was slow down a little bit to avoid speeding since I saw the cop siting there doing the timming thing, it just so happens that a car in the other lane was passing me at that moment. Speed was 45mph in a 40 and I slowed down to 40mph before hittinig the speed trap. I was not racing anybody but the cop thought differently. The other car was some sort of dodge but did not really bother to look at it since I was not paying any attention to it. It is one thing if you are doing it, but a totally different thing when you are not and getting accused of it. It is a long story so I will make it short.

7.4 seconds in the 1/8 mile would probably be a 10 second quarter mile.
UPR double lock firewall adjuster
UPR GMS extreme double hook quadrant
Wheels: Ford SVT 10th anniv. wheels (track duty)
SVE 10th anniv. style 17x9F, 10x10.5R
BBS RK Plasma 18x8.5F, 18x10R (retired)

(retired) 2001 black SVT Cobra, October 2001
missed but not forgotten
ausie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausie

7.4 seconds in the 1/8 mile would probably be a 10 second quarter mile.
Or close to it. I imagen he's spraying 200 shot or more. It was a fast hoopty ride.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
psycho43142

7.4 in the 1/8 would probably be an 11 sec car. My Camaro ran 6.70's in the 1/8 and 10.60's in the 1/4.

Chris
psycho43142 is offline   Reply With Quote