SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2003, 03:14 AM   #1
SVT X 2

Question Vibrant v.s. Rio

Okay... here's the deal: Me & a '93 Cobra owner were talking about this... we both have our "info" & "knowledge" from different sources, telling 2 different tales. Neither one of us is saying "you're wrong, I'm right", it just leaves us both curious as to who says what about it. So before I jot down here what each of us knows as info on this, my 2-part question to everyone is:

• What is the official red color of the '93 Cobras, and what is the offical red color of the '94-'98 Cobra's?
Old 03-02-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
cobrapace94

Send a message via AIM to cobrapace94
94 Cobras were Rio Red, code E8.
I don't know about the 93 Cobras.

1994 Cobra Indy Pace Car Convertible # 591 of 1000
2001 Cobra, #2001 of 3384 verts, Black on White, Born on 6/01/01
cobrapace94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:52 PM   #3
Spiffy668

93 was Vibrant Red. 94-95 was Rio Red. Even checked my cobra recognition guide for ya.
1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible #2985/4055
Owners Registry: Click Me!!
Spiffy668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:58 PM   #4
SVT X 2

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy668
93 was Vibrant Red. 94-95 was Rio Red. Even checked my cobra recognition guide for ya.
and this is the guide I'm going off of too... but he's gotten different info from other owners off of svtperformance... lemme see if I can get 'em in here to explain.

\\Tim
SVT X 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
93SVT

First I'll admit im most lickly wrong, if you guys are going off a guide its most lickley right, here my story, One day while cruising around on here I found the svt site that ford runs, its linked to FoMoCo offical site, in there i found archives that list the 93 production numbers as this Red Rio-1775, Red Vibrant -9 ,Teal-1335, Black- 1854, that matches perfictly with the 4993 that is printed on my SVT cetificate ,so after seeing this I was confused, Iv always thought that the red 93 cobra's were vibrant red, so I went on SVTPerformance and snooped around and got a few replys on the topic, here is what 2 or 3 people told me, when the 93 cobras were starting to be built they had planned on using a non clear cote finish called vibrant red, this is the color that is found under the hood of the cobra's, after it was found to not look as good as they thought they changed the paint code to ES and called Red Rio, Red Rio from what i was told is simply vibrant red clear cote, but the 2 colors look totaly diffrent, Iv even had people ask me at shows why my car was repainted becasue the under dood doesnt match the rest at all, so with that story said the production numbers on the FORD site made sense, also from what one guy told me all but 1 of the 9 vibrant cobras were destroyed and he said he beleaves that one is in NewYork, can someone makes sense of this? why does ford say there were 4 diffrent colors of 93 cobras ?

Thanx Bill R
93 Cobra # 3788, The Mods , AFR Heads, NOS 150-300hp wet kit, progresive controler, window switch,purge, Pro-M 75, MSD ProBillit dist, MDS Digital 6+, MSD Coil, MSD SupCond wires, Tweecer R/T, Mac CAI, Mac Chrome Rad. Hoses, FRPP oil cooler, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, Springs, Koni Reds, Globe West C/C plates, G-Load brace,Welded sub frames, Hotchkis lower control arm, FRPP uppers, Air Ride bags in back, Taylor SS battery box in rear-optima red top, Ram kevlar clutch, Pro-5.0 shifter, Auto Meter Eles Fp guage, EGT, Nitrous pres, A/f,Lots of sound mods, much more to come
93SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:18 PM   #6
SVT X 2

Thanks Bill... I'm gonna put this link into the mailing list too and see if I can generate some action.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:24 PM   #7
93SVT

Tim- did you go to that site I listed.... http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/index.html

thats Ford SVT's Site, check there archives, you would think that ford would know how many cars they made and what color, I was thinking possibly people just got used to calling it vibrant red and it spread till it was just asumed that was the name, I just dont know anymore..... whats the paint code for the 00 R's they look orange sometimes just like my car does, well soemone better get on this lol
93 Cobra # 3788, The Mods , AFR Heads, NOS 150-300hp wet kit, progresive controler, window switch,purge, Pro-M 75, MSD ProBillit dist, MDS Digital 6+, MSD Coil, MSD SupCond wires, Tweecer R/T, Mac CAI, Mac Chrome Rad. Hoses, FRPP oil cooler, FRPP 3.73 gears, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, Springs, Koni Reds, Globe West C/C plates, G-Load brace,Welded sub frames, Hotchkis lower control arm, FRPP uppers, Air Ride bags in back, Taylor SS battery box in rear-optima red top, Ram kevlar clutch, Pro-5.0 shifter, Auto Meter Eles Fp guage, EGT, Nitrous pres, A/f,Lots of sound mods, much more to come
Old 03-02-2003, 02:32 PM   #8
SVT X 2

Yah good, I'm glad you included that link. I haven't been on the computer yet today to check it out better, and I'll be leaving in a few here.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:41 PM   #9
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
1993 Cobra - Vibrant Red
1994 - 1999 Cobra - Vermillion/Rio Red
2000 Cobra R - Performance Red
2003 Cobra - Torch Red and the new color firered

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #10
93SVT

ok i know thats what the books said but whats with the ford site saying what it says? I honeslty dont see how they could make a mistake of the magnatude, you know we'll just throw in a 4th color for the hell of it, doesnt make any sense, theres something that someone needs to add for this to totaly make sense, please dont think im trying to say anyones wrong, tim knows thats not what im doing, my first message to him said i was confused as to why one source says one thing and another says something els Im just confused as to why ford says one thing and everyone els says another, and just to add a little more fun to this the touch up paint from ford for code ES says performance red on it, go figure, all i really want to know is why ford says they made 9 vibrant red 1993 cobra's and 1775 rio red
Old 03-02-2003, 08:01 PM   #11
bolt-on
WingNuts

Send a message via AIM to bolt-on Send a message via Yahoo to bolt-on
Red Cobra's

1993/ Vibrant Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code ES

1994, 95, 97/ Rio Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code E8

1996/Laser Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code E9

1998/Laser Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code E9

1999/Rio Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code E8

2000R/ Performance Red/ Paint Code ES

2001/ Laser Red Tinted Clearcoat/ Paint Code E9
Performance Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code ES

2003/ Torch Red Clearcoat/ Paint Code ??
Redfire Clearcoat(second run of '03's)/Paint Code ??
1997 Rio Red GT Convertible (MCA show pony)
2007 Vista Blue California Special (her summer daily driver)
bolt-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:13 PM   #12
SVT X 2

Quote:
Originally posted by cobrabitn

1994 - 1999 Cobra - Vermillion/Rio Red
Vermillion?? Where'd that come from? It was (as I thought) Rio and Laser. Bill thought Vibrant & Laser.

That is weird how they have that listed on the site. I should check my Ford touch-up paint to see what it says out of curiousity.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:07 AM   #13
93SVT

ok then why does my paint code ES touch up paint say performance red, and no body has addressed the ford site, you guys just keep stating the same stuff over, is it a mistake? if so where the heck do they come up with the 9 vibrant and 1775 rio, please nobody post the specs that we already know, im gettign sick of thinking there will be an explantation for this just to find out soemone has just posted the same info the 5 people b/4 had alreadt coverd, so please no need to post that info, its been posted, thats not the confusion here, my best guess is that the rio red numbers on the svt site should be 1775 vibrant red clear cote and that the 9 vibrant red is correct, but still why does my touch up paint say performance red?
Old 03-03-2003, 01:14 AM   #14
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
The site is wrong. The color is Vibrant Red.

Vermillion Red and Rio Red are the same color, they just changed names. I would also bet that Performance Red and Vibrant Red are the same too.

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:20 AM   #15
SVT X 2

hmmmm... I do have an inclinaton that Performance & Vibrant might be one in the same...