SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Club Info > Limited Edition SVT Cobra Registry > Pace Cars registry
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #46
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Jim,

There were 1000 Pace Cars produced in 1994. There are not a thousand out there anymore because over the past 15 years some of the following has happened to them:

1. Wrecked
2. Crushed
3. For Sale on Internet or dealer lots
4. People still have them under wraps as collectible and do not want others to know
5. Some people just don't want to have their car listed
6. Parted out

Now if there are 600 of these cars left, how many are for sale? Looking on autorader, you can find numerous ones not to mention how many are on dealer lots. While 13 may be a low number, there are still people who have not found this site and have no idea about our forums.

Enjoy the car you have, go on cruises, and educate others so they can appreciate the exclusivity that you own.

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2017 Shelby GT350 Coupe - track car!

Mods:

JLT True Cold Air oil catch can

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #47
Jims Pace Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Jim,

There were 1000 Pace Cars produced in 1994. There are not a thousand out there anymore because over the past 15 years some of the following has happened to them:

1. Wrecked
2. Crushed
3. For Sale on Internet or dealer lots
4. People still have them under wraps as collectible and do not want others to know
5. Some people just don't want to have their car listed
6. Parted out

Now if there are 600 of these cars left, how many are for sale? Looking on autorader, you can find numerous ones not to mention how many are on
dealer lots. While 13 may be a low number, there are still people who have not found this site and have no idea about our forums.

Enjoy the car you have, go on cruises, and educate others so they can appreciate the exclusivity that you own.
###############################################

Hey Guy !

Thanks for your reply, I guess it was imformative. I mean, "who'd a thunk"

If you looked at my post (and the math) you can "kind of" see that I answered my own question there. I said something about the numbers of registered "Pinto Owners" on "fordpinto.com

In 1973 (one of the years I own) Ford made a million or more of those car, and yet there are only 4500 registered Pinto owners WORD WIDE.

Sorry if my question miss led you, the figures you quote are possabily correct. And then the "Pinto? figures somewhat back that up.

I guess what I was trying to say is.........
"I'm supprised at the lack of interest in what should be a a very desirable car"
Well your answer took some of the "Air" out of that baloon, but I still think its a "Very Desirable Car".

And I'm still asking the same question (I think) Just that, maybe I should "reword" it.

Here we go, lets see what this sounds like.......

#1, not where are the 1000 that were produced, your math seems to work well there.
The question should read more like "Why is there so little interest in such a low production and beautiful car ?"

#2, not how many of these cars still exist, your math kind of answers this.
The question should read more like "would anybody like to hazard a guess as to what the survival rate might be ?" I'd kind of feel the figure would be low.

In travelling cruises, I've come accross several Corvett Pace Cars, and believe it or not, a Studeabaker Pace Car. I've seen ABSOLUTELY NO MUSTANG PACE CARS. Actually been asked "Is that real"

I could go on and on, take up more and more space, its just that the question would be quite redundant.

So, what ya think ? Forget the fact that I'm way off track, you (anybody) can go ahead, hazard a guess. What number do you think are still around ?

Lets just say........
This is a "poll" not a "for the records"
Through out a number, please.

Best as always...... Jims Pace Car
Jims Pace Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #48
94pacecar755

How do I add my Pace Car to the registry. I own #755. Has 58K miles.
94pacecar755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #49
Cobra Jet

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn View Post
The 1994 Pace Cars were all made before the 1994 Cobra Coupes. The reason for this is because Ford wanted the "Indianapolis Pace Cars" promotional vehicles out to the dealers before the Coupes went out for advertising. ***snip

I want to say that all of the 1994 Cobras were made after the production of the 1994 model year Mustangs but I cannot swear to that. I do know the convertibles were made first. I own two 1994 Cobras and they are different due to the time when they were produced. One has the plastic shield for the distributor (Coupe) and the Pace Car (#22) has the rubber shield. Both cars were bought from the original owners and both were all original when I bought them.

Old Thread/Post - but I wanted to contribute some info that may be beneficial to this thread and site.

I have a personal 1994 Cobra only database that I had started to try and track as many 1994 Cobras as possible. Based on the data I have compiled thus far, which includes VIN, SVT Build # and other pertinent data (to me), I will add the following to this discussion:

The Cobra Pace Car VIN #'s that I currently have, the earliest VIN (last 6) starts at 158090 (SVT # 0039). The latest I have is 188942 (SVT # 0991). SVT # 0991's VIN may be an anomoly or error in VIN listing by owner, as it's the only one that has strayed past the known Pace Car Vins I have logged.

Now, Tony, I have your 94 PC in my database as Pace # 0022, however, I do not have the last (6) digits of your VIN. Your PC is the earliest known 94 Cobra Pace car known to exist (survive) currently. I have #0014 logged as well, but as we know, it was a total loss wreck and is gone.

Based on my findings to date - most all of the 94 Cobra Pace car VIN's started out with "158xxx". I have (2) logged with "161xxx".

I also currently have (44) known 94 Pace Cars logged in my database to date. Some I have VIN's w/ correlating SVT #'s, while others I only have the VIN w/ no SVT Build #, or visa versa, whereas I have the SVT Build # and no VIN. This is due to how folks have posted about their Cobra Pace Cars online or how they have been listed for sale in publications and/or online.

~~~~

Now, not to throw a loop - but, based on prior speculation that the Pace Cars were VIN'd before the Coupes - my 94 Cobra coupe is SVT # 0013, built 01/24/94 and the last (6) digits of my VIN is 144409. My Cobra is the earliest surviving 94 Cobra coupe in my database (and one of the earliest, lowest known VIN #'s).

I started this personal 94 Cobra database based on the fact that my Cobra is such a low production # and I have been searching for SVT #'s 0001-0012 and to date, have not had any success in finding them (or info about them). I have speculated these early Cobras might have been Ford campaign cars (ie: used in early advertisements, brochures, Dealer displays, etc) - but cannot confirm that at all - but base that idea on the fact that the early 93 Cobra SVT Build #'s were used as such. So, I figured I would start my own database by logging any 1994 Cobra I have come across anywhere. I do NOT include any 94 Cobra (coupe or Pace) that does not have an SVT build # or VIN #, as there is no way of knowing that data if the info is not available (and it avoids any erroneous entries). Therefore those that I do find with incomplete data are not logged (I have tried contacting the owners of such incomplete listings/threads, but I normally do not get any additional info).

If you, or anyone else has any way of finding out the SVT build #'s for the VIN's that I have which do not have SVT Build #'s, I could then update my file, which would be very helpful for having the most thorough log history for the 1994 Cobras.

Again, I am only doing this for 1994 Cobras - no other years (maybe someone wants to do 1995's... LOL). This is a work in progress and hopefully some day, I'll have all 6,009 1994 Cobras logged (wishful thinking).
1994 Cobra coupe SVT Build #0013, 2011 Genesis Coupe, 2011 Tucson GLS
Cobra Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #50
cobrabitn

I believe number 21 is in Charleston, SC. I still own number 22.

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Shelby GT350 is better than nothing!

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #51
Cobra Jet

Tony -

Is it confirmed that 0021 is in fact a Pace Car and not a coupe? If so, I will add it to my database.

Would it be possible for you to PM me the last (6) of your VIN and I can update my file with that info as well?

Not to get off Pace Car registry topic, but, would you have any VIN to SVT Build # correlations for the 1994's? If so, or any further info, you can PM me.

I hope what I have offered as further info on the PC's has helped a bit, as I know of no one to date that has a thorough listing of the 94's (or any other SVT Cobra year).
Old 07-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #52
cobrabitn

I knew it was a PC, it was for sale and was number 21, located in Charleston, SC. MY VIN ends in 158070.

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
Cobra Jet

Hi Tony -

Awesome, thanks for the updated info! I have updated my file. I also want to update that I now have (54) confirmed 94 PC's logged.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated if I have any more PC updates.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #54
frogbit

Any chance of sharing your list? I'm thinking fellow pace car owners could share advice on restoration stuff. Mine is getting real tired on interior and exterior. Thanks
#194/1000
frogbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #55
rag-top_man

my pace is #435 ser# 1falp45d9rf158493. its in good shape but taken apart for paint (prev. owner)I have most of the materials/parts stock piled for her. should be painted/together by next spring(more free time better temps)
rag-top_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #56
Cobra Jet

Pace Car count update - So far, I have (68) confirmed 1994 Pace Cars in my database to date.

Tony's Pace Car is the lowest surviving 1994 Pace Car to date by SVT build # and it's VIN number. I did input Pace Car # 0021 into my database (info supplied by Tony in above response) however, I do not have the VIN for # 0021 - so at this point, Tony's is the "confirmed" lowest SVT Pace Car until otherwise noted.

The latest and last SVT Pace Car # that I have logged in my database is # 0999.

Confirmed 1994 Pace Car first (3) VIN designators:
158xxx
160xxx
161xxx

The above means that based on my database info to date, all confirmed 1994 Pace Cars (45D) will have a VIN number that starts out with the (3) above noted digits.

As far as making my database public, no, it has not ever been made public. I am collecting VIN, SVT Build Date/Number for any 1994 Cobra - so if anyone runs across one (wrecked or not), please submit it to me via PM so I can include it into my database. I am merely doing this to document the existing 1994 Cobras and hope to have one of the most complete 1994 Cobra databases outside of FOMOCO.

If anyone has any connections to someone at the SVTOA Website, it would be greatly appreciated if I can be put in touch with that person, or someone at Ford who can assist with questions about my very own 1994 Cobra (due to it's low production info). I did email Ford, however, the person who responded to me said to contact SVTOA for my SVT build info (which I already have....) and did not understand my questions regarding the info about 1994 SVT #'s 0001-0012 or mine, # 0013...

Thanks SCMC!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #57
jolee6633

1994 pace car cobra

Pace car 1994 #651 42,000 miles just received a gold award in unrestored class
MCA Grand National Mustang Oklahoma

purchased the car when I lived in Florida 2 1/2 years ago.

Lee Schoo
0klahoma city Ok.
jolee6633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #58
cobrabitn

That's 14 Pace cars accounted for!!

Mods:

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #59
883cobra

alabama pacecar

I am the forth owner of #883(1falp45d9rf158770).the odometer stopped working at 111,000.i bought it at the dealership i work at.i drive it everyday and it stills pulls strong.
Mike p
hartselle,al
883cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #60
Cobra Jet

Just an update....

1994 Cobra SVT Build #0008 has surfaced and is a confirmed Pace Car.
Built on 03/07/94

Currently has 9,900 miles and is in GA (was also listed for sale very recently, unknown if vehicle has sold).