Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Regional Forums > South Central
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Bartman01
Eat my shorts

Idiots at Joe Meyers!!!!!

Looks like Joe Meyers totally botched the last brake job they did on the Aviator and mangled a bolt when they put it back together. Now a $200 brake job has $800+ worth of repairs to the vehicle needed and our 'friends' at Joe Meyers are refusing to take any responsibility. Service manager is claiming it has been 'too long' and that we could have gotten another brake job done somewhere else, like rear brakes don't take 2 years to wear out in normal driving.

Do we still have any good contacts at that place? I have all of the service paperwork on the car and can show them the complete history.

Irony is that I wanted her to take it to Northwood (now Planet) Lincoln Mercury for that original brake job, and those guys were ready to help with the repair costs when we just thought it was done there before I could get back in town and dig up the paperwork.

Edit - just spoke to the service manager:
The issue is a stripped right rear brake caliper mounting bolt. To fix they need to replace the Knuckle (3C5Z-5A968-AA) and the hub bearing (6L2Z-1215-A). What is more fun is that it has been in the shop since Wednesday, and it may be 4 more days before they can even get the part in.
#3230 of 3867
Bartman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
ORANGE CRUSH

Hey Bart, the service guy I deal with all the time is now the Service Manager, Steve Quezada. He is a really good guy to me and fill free to drop my name if you like. His number is 713-482-5406. Let us know how it turns out.

Todd Andrus

2012 Comp Orange BOSS
Mods
Track Key, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow AB, FR-P springs, MM CC plates, FR-relo Brackets, J&M LCA, J&M adj-Panhard bar, MGW shifter
ORANGE CRUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Bartman01
Eat my shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE CRUSH View Post
Hey Bart, the service guy I deal with all the time is now the Service Manager, Steve Quezada. He is a really good guy to me and fill free to drop my name if you like. His number is 713-482-5406. Let us know how it turns out.

Todd Andrus
I'll drop by with the mangled part and paperwork next weekend (won't have time before then), but not expecting much. He is the one the service department talked to who pretty much said he didn't give a damn.
#3230 of 3867
Bartman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
ORANGE CRUSH

Well that sucks. Good luck.

2012 Comp Orange BOSS
Mods
Track Key, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow AB, FR-P springs, MM CC plates, FR-relo Brackets, J&M LCA, J&M adj-Panhard bar, MGW shifter
ORANGE CRUSH is offline   Reply With Quote