Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > SVT Cobra R
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2002, 09:55 PM   #1
mustangmad

Send a message via AIM to mustangmad
Cobra R radiator hoses

My "95 R's radiator hoses are getting tired and I haven't had any luck with replacements. I can find the upper hose, it seems very similar to the 94-95 5.0 hose, but the lowers do not seem to be available. Went to Ford with the part numbers and they did not come up on their computer. Called SVT and they were no help at all. Ideally, I would like either silicone or the metal tubing seen on some racing applications. Any suggestions or reccomendations would be appreciated. And there are 249 other R's that will be needing this fix sooner or later. Thanks in advance.
'95 Cobra R #82
retired IMSA/SCCA car
mustangmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Dean95CobraR
Super Moderator

Re: Cobra R radiator hoses

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangmad
My "95 R's radiator hoses are getting tired and I haven't had any luck with replacements. I can find the upper hose, it seems very similar to the 94-95 5.0 hose, but the lowers do not seem to be available. Went to Ford with the part numbers and they did not come up on their computer. Called SVT and they were no help at all. Ideally, I would like either silicone or the metal tubing seen on some racing applications. Any suggestions or reccomendations would be appreciated. And there are 249 other R's that will be needing this fix sooner or later. Thanks in advance.
When I initially bought my '95R, someone (can't remember who ) warned me about that very thing. It seems like he said that Saleen might have hoses or knew where to get them. I guess he used a similiar configuration on his S351s. It's worth a shot.
2012 Boss LS #39 Black/Red
Dean95CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 10:28 PM   #3
mustangmad

Send a message via AIM to mustangmad
Thanks, I'll call Saleen tomorrow. Wonder who could fabricate/bend aluminum or copper tubing of the appropriate diameters to do this job? Then you only need short, coupling sections of rubber hose. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm!
'95 Cobra R #82
retired IMSA/SCCA car
mustangmad is offline   Reply With Quote