SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > Autocross/Open Track /OTC updates
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
SIUNARA

Autox update 7/20...

I was at it once again...trying to take down the Vette (that's not even in my class) to get FTD in the Mustang. It didn't happen today but I will continue to work at it. It will be quite an accomplishment when it happens considering the guy just won the Northeast Divisional last weekend at BeaveRun. He is a national caliber driver and I'm trying my hardest to get him...it's just going to take a little more seat time.

On a brighter note I scored another class win to widen my points lead a little bit. In the process I decided to really test out the R compound tires by not lifting in a section of the course where everyone else lifted. Let's just say I found the point at which the R's will break loose (by completing a 360 degree spin)!! Glad that happened on the autox course and not on track!

95 Cobra
SIUNARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:57 PM   #2
Calvin_1976

Send a message via AIM to Calvin_1976
Congrats on the win!

I am going back to R tires again this Friday at the night series. My Saturday event was a blast but I still have alot to learn. I got a little behind in a slalom on my last run and had my first big spin ever. My coach says I should have gotten out of it as soon as I knew I was late on the 1st cone but I lifted after the 2nd late cone.

Was the spin anything like this?
Attached Images

Calvin_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:34 PM   #3
SIUNARA

In that shot I can't tell if you're in the grass or not? I did not end up off course...in fact...my car stalled...I got it restarted...and blistered through the rest of the course only taking out one cone in my spin and still ended up with a respectable time. I really like the R compounds...but my competition does not. The closest guy in my class has a Subaru WRX...he just got coilovers, new wheels and tires, and some horsepower goodies...and I showed up with the R's the day he showed up with all of his new stuff...needless to say he wasn't too happy with me.

I'm still gonna try to get down for an event this year...I'll keep you posted!

95 Cobra
SIUNARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 10:42 PM   #4
Calvin_1976

Send a message via AIM to Calvin_1976
Oh I ended up well into the grass. The only thing I managed was to make sure I went off straight and put both feet in. The car didnt stall and I got right back on to keep the course from having to be red flagged. My plan was to stay on street tires but my Kumhos are in the sweet spot so I hate to let them sit much longer.

I hope to see you make it down here sometime. It should be a blast.
Calvin_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote