SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
GeoSnake

AI and AIX Labor Day Weekend?

I heard that AI was going to be at VIR Labor Day weekend. Is this so?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
justagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSnake
I heard that AI was going to be at VIR Labor Day weekend. Is this so?
That is correct. AI/X and CMC will all be running there during the Stock Car Spectacular weekend that VIR hosts.

joegibbsracingoil.com
Old 08-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
b_tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagt
That is correct. AI/X and CMC will all be running there during the Stock Car Spectacular weekend that VIR hosts.

Is it also true that this will be the largest gathering of AI/CMC cars the east has ever seen?

At least that is what the email i got said. That means there will be 33 cars running in AI/CMC. That's a big number to pull considering the OH/IN region has a points race up at BeaveRun.

Where are all the cars coming from? Curious minds want to know.....
Old 08-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
SIUNARA

Sounds more like curious minds just want to start sh!t.

95 Cobra
Old 08-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
BobKaser#90

Send a message via AIM to BobKaser#90 Send a message via Yahoo to BobKaser#90
I'll be making the trip to ViR, anyone know if I'll be ok w/ 3.27 rear gears? I really wouldn't want to use 5th cause its the stock .68 gear.

just out of curiousity, why are you always trying to knock AI, Brian?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
b_tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUNARA
Sounds more like curious minds just want to start sh!t.
Don, I think it's a valid question. Sometimes I think you are blinded by all the smoke and mirrors.

Here are the facts.

In 2003 there were 35 cars registered for the VIR event, 34 took the green flag for the first race (1 blew an engine).

In order to have the largest AI/CMC field there needs to be at least 35 cars on the grid for the first race.

Knowing that the OH/IN region is having a points race at BeaveRun that same weekend and there is still an opportunity for at least 4 cars to win that championship I would not count on any of them to show up.

Reviewing the finishing results for the entire year in both the Mid Atlantic and the SE regions I don't see 35 cars.

The email sent out clearly stated they expect to have the largest AI/CMC field EVER.

The organizers are trying to draw cars (as they should) but the mistake is telling people that they should come down to VIR (which is a long haul for many racers, especially on this short of a notice) to run in the largest AI/CMC field ever. My question is a valid one: Where are all these cars coming from?

If I really thought there would be 35 cars down there I may be tempted to bring out my little old 93 (well new and improved actually or send another driver in it) to see how it does against the top AI cars. Speaking of AI cars, I realize that this event is a large gathering for the CMC crowd but that is not what I am interested in. I have an AI car so the CMC count does not matter to me in the least.

Before you go off about me simply starting **** go back and ask yourself where the cars are coming from. If you can objectively answer that question than I applaud you as I cannot.

I await your response and reasoning.

------------------------------------------------
this is what happened to Don in this post:

Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
b_tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKaser#90
I'll be making the trip to ViR, anyone know if I'll be ok w/ 3.27 rear gears? I really wouldn't want to use 5th cause its the stock .68 gear.

just out of curiousity, why are you always trying to knock AI, Brian?
Depending on RPM you may or may not be okay with 3.27's.

In the #26 car we were running right around 152 in 5th gear and 3.55's.

You'll need 6500rpm in 4th gear to hit 150 with 3.27's.

Of course this is assuming you'll have the power and exit speed from oaktree to get up that fast.

You'll be close to having to shift into 5th with the 3.27's.

Bob, don't get me wrong I am not knocking AI, I am simply asking questions of the things that don't seem to add up. In fact there is a good chance you'll be running against me at somepoint next year, if you come up to the midwest.

bpt
Old 08-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #8
BobKaser#90

Send a message via AIM to BobKaser#90 Send a message via Yahoo to BobKaser#90
ok, so thanks for the info, now I feel like it won't be too bad w/ the 3.27s. I was just worried that I would have to be well into 5th. I turn about 6300rpm anyway and the chip is a 6400 chip so if it is really close I can just pull the chip out.

I have already raced w/ you Brian at Mid-O last year, and I thought there were more than 35 cars in AI/X at that "AI Convention". I seem to remember 28 cars in AI alone. I was 5th on sat. and had a blast at that track even though it was my first time there.

ohh and I'd be heading out to the mid west not up, as I'm from N.Y. I know you AI guys all think that road racing started w/ AI but I actually been racing a mustang alot longer than AI has been around.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #9
b_tone

According to the results there were 25 at MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKaser#90
ohh and I'd be heading out to the mid west not up, as I'm from N.Y. I know you AI guys all think that road racing started w/ AI but I actually been racing a mustang alot longer than AI has been around.
so have I, way back to the SSGT days......
Old 08-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #10
SIUNARA

Thanks for confirming my original thought Tone.

As for your signature...it's funny...but kinda second rate...you're probably used to that by now though.

95 Cobra
Old 08-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
Quote:

As for your signature...it's funny...but kinda second rate...you're probably used to that by now though.
So Don, are you going to attack Brian or answer his question. The race results from NASA SE and MA don't show a lot of cars.

It should be a great weekend for the 3 guys in contention for the "AI EAST" crown. Watch out for Bob that weekend. One more thing, hood pins Bob.

DISCLAIMER::: This is not a slam against NASA. I'm out and really don't care either way. I wish my buddies good luck.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #12
b_tone

Quote:

Don, i am sorry that you are so snowballed. It's more sad than funny, truly like a lemming running blindly towards the cliff because you either don't have the capability of free thinking or you are simply mystified by the great orator leader you bow down to.

As far as being second rate, that's an opinion but anytime you want to run in the same car at the same venue (you or your croonies) let me know and we'll see.

Until you come out to play with the big boys you may want to watch what you say because many many people have been known to talk a big game but deliver on nothing.....read some of my above posts for info on that.

Good luck with whatever you do.

bpt
Old 08-12-2005, 01:30 AM   #13
FCorkran

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_tone
so have I, way back to the SSGT days......
The #23 Arrow Mustang?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:26 AM   #14
justagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_tone

The email sent out clearly stated they expect to have the largest AI/CMC field EVER.
Then ask the person that sent the email instead of coming on here and ****ing up a post that was about asking a simply question. Speaking of wool, it must mean life if perfect in AV8 land, huh? Hmm, no wonder people have the perception of you posting to stir up trouble.

joegibbsracingoil.com
Old 08-12-2005, 08:45 AM   #15
b_tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagt
Then ask the person that sent the email instead of coming on here and ****ing up a post that was about asking a simply question. Speaking of wool, it must mean life if perfect in AV8 land, huh? Hmm, no wonder people have the perception of you posting to stir up trouble.
Hey there chief, the email was originally sent by Kent (apparently the CMC East director) but was then resent to the AI midwest/ east yahoo lists by Mr. Pantas. That gives the email and it's content validity as he is a regional director. Is that an accurate statement?

Concerning AV8SS, well it's not perfect and I have never said it was. Every series has it's own issues. The important thing is how the organizers handle those issues.

We don't have to get into details here but you and I have spoken about the issues with AI and how they could/should be resolved. That was well over a year ago. Has any progress been made?

Will you know in your heart of hearts that everything is still the same as it was when we talked on the phone so many months ago. I know that you and BS would have liked to have changed it but do you still think it's possible?

I wished that AI could have grown into what we all thought it was going to be 3 years ago, but at this time I don't think it can recover.
Closed Thread