SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #16
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
Keep this one on topic or it will be locked.

johnbasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:58 AM   #17
Admiral
Got Track?

I stand corrected, I only get 2 crewmembers in free to NASA events here in TX. Since I don't run a track event I am not aware of all of the variables you have to deal with or try and balance out. I also can see your perspective about trying to keep costs down for the club members.

Best of luck in 2006!
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (race car)
1990 Spec Miata (race car)
1966 289 Cobra (V8 go-kart)
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #18
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Personally, I think this is kind of blown out of proportion as any SCMC club member only has to show his/her up to date membership card at the gate and they get in for free. If they have family, then all they have to do is come to the registration building and obtain a pass for "family members". No club family member will be left out. If you are a participant then you get 2 complimentary passes to go with your registration fees. If you have friends and they want to watch and you reached your maximum free passes, then they'll have to pay to get in....

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #19
Levi
Hooked On Track

This is excellent information and will help all of use to understand what it take to do what we do as a club. We need to have more talks like this, it really does help. Thanks for the help and support. SCMC ROCKS.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #20
cobrabitn

Levi,

I have never met you but I know I like you!

Cobrabitn

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

No mods yet!

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
SIUNARA

So as long as I only have 2 friends I'm good to go. Still don't agree with it...but it is what it is.

Relax John, there is nothing more than opinion sharing going on in here. It's ok if some people don't agree with Tony's decisions...it's all part of having a healthy club. When was the last time you saw any organization run with everyone agreeing with every decision that was ever made?

What suprise did you have for me Tony? Did you take driving lessions or something???

95 Cobra
SIUNARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #22
cobrabitn

I agree that we should share opinions as it will let us all grow as a club. I understand where you and Admiral are coming from and to a degree I agree with what you are saying. Gate fees are nothing new to us, we do them and have been doing them at Drag Day to make sure we have the track paid for in full.

Think about it though, family gets in free, participants get two free passes, and the amount of gate fees will be small but nevertheless, every little bit counts.

No mods yet!

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #23
Firme
track deprived

My personal opinion has always been to not charge an admission fee.

Why?
-it will not generate enough revenue to offset the headache it causes; plus people would rather not come to the event at all rather than pay to get in.. they can just catch the event the following week that is free. I don't know how it is in other areas, but here, there is enough game in town for people to be picky, I know that one first hand.
-gives you that much more to keep up with... what about when an SCMC member shows up that doesn't have their member card... yeah you can be incensitive to the member and take the hard line "no card no entry", but I don't treat my fellow members that way.
-then you have to have an organized way to keep up with the participants free +2 entries
-it makes for a less of a friendly event..I like to give all those curious about the club every chance to see it shine and get hooked. If you charge for spectating.. that will be that much more of a turnoff.
-Every time it has been brought up, the people helping run the Texas event have unanimously felt it was not right to charge an entrance fee.

This is all just my personal opinion. I understand why people charge the fee, though. I like the idea of sponsors picking up the slack better, one extra sponsor can equal 50 spectators at $10 a pop.
~#2743 of 3867 Born on 8/6/01
- Magnaflow Catback, Magnaflow X-pipe, 03 Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM front Coil-Over kit, MM STB, H&R rear Race Springs, MM IRS bushing, MM upper and lower rear Control arm bushings, Custom SFC. MGW shifter(replaced the p.o.s Tri-Ax), a whole slew of MGW pieces

Founding member of the "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society
Firme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #24
cobrabitn

Quote:
gives you that much more to keep up with... what about when an SCMC member shows up that doesn't have their member card... yeah you can be incensitive to the member and take the hard line "no card no entry", but I don't treat my fellow members that way.
Firme,

I know who are members and who isn't, believe me. If I don't then I go to the club records which I carry with me to verify. I don't think any member has ever been treated that way to my knowledge, do you? Again, I think this thing is getting way out of proportion.

No mods yet!

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #25
Firme
track deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Firme,

I know who are members and who isn't, believe me. If I don't then I go to the club records which I carry with me to verify. I don't think any member has ever been treated that way to my knowledge, do you? Again, I think this thing is getting way out of proportion.

oh, don't get me wrong, I am not saying anyone has every treated a club member that way... and I also know MOST of the club members here, but this year, I met some members for the first time at the MSRH event, whether it was because they were new members, or that they drove a good distance to see the event. My point was that you can't count on people having their cards, thats all. If they don't have the card.. then you can't turn them away, so you have to spend time 'verifying' if you don't know them personally. I would rather spend the time and people-power to help the event itself goes as smooth as possible.
~#2743 of 3867 Born on 8/6/01
- Magnaflow Catback, Magnaflow X-pipe, 03 Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM front Coil-Over kit, MM STB, H&R rear Race Springs, MM IRS bushing, MM upper and lower rear Control arm bushings, Custom SFC. MGW shifter(replaced the p.o.s Tri-Ax), a whole slew of MGW pieces

Founding member of the "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society
Firme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #26
johnbasf

Send a message via AIM to johnbasf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firme
My personal opinion has always been to not charge an admission fee.

Why?
-it will not generate enough revenue to offset the headache it causes; plus people would rather not come to the event at all rather than pay to get in.. they can just catch the event the following week that is free. I don't know how it is in other areas, but here, there is enough game in town for people to be picky, I know that one first hand.
-gives you that much more to keep up with... what about when an SCMC member shows up that doesn't have their member card... yeah you can be incensitive to the member and take the hard line "no card no entry", but I don't treat my fellow members that way.
-then you have to have an organized way to keep up with the participants free +2 entries
-it makes for a less of a friendly event..I like to give all those curious about the club every chance to see it shine and get hooked. If you charge for spectating.. that will be that much more of a turnoff.
-Every time it has been brought up, the people helping run the Texas event have unanimously felt it was not right to charge an entrance fee.

This is all just my personal opinion. I understand why people charge the fee, though. I like the idea of sponsors picking up the slack better, one extra sponsor can equal 50 spectators at $10 a pop.
DITTO....................Now lets get off of Adams thread and go here.... http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...ewpost&t=11310

johnbasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #27
Levi
Hooked On Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbasf
DITTO....................Now lets get off of Adams thread and go here.... http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...ewpost&t=11310
Good idea.

Lets get this back to racing.

I showed up on Saturday and the racing was HOT. Turn one was the place to be, allot of action due to they tighten up the entry to the turn. AI/CMC can put on an awesome show of speed and sound. I just wish I could have been there on Sunday to see the final races of the weekend. I needed to hang out with my Mom; they need a little show of love now and then.