Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > 93 - 95 SVT Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
tones688
SCMC Member

Rear Tail light Mod on a 94 Cobra

I saw this done on another 1994 Cobra and thought it was rather sharp (see upload pic). It was fashioned after the Saleen look. My question is whether the original tail light cover was painted black from red and if so, how or whether it was replaced with a black cover.

Second question was if anyone has performed the rear seat delete modification and if so, how it turned out. I'm thinking of doing it for the main reason as having more room back there to allow my dog to travel with me and potentially create the basis for a future audio system addition. The one I saw was this one, although I did see a couple of other offerings so any thoughts on an recommended kit would be helpful also.

http://www.themotorcompany.com/Ford-...t-p-16171.html

Thanks in advance for the help and i hope I'm not asking too many questions too soon
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Aaron94

Send a message via AIM to Aaron94 Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron94
I believe you can buy overlays for the factory tailights to create that look, but i remember seeing those on a car, and they didnt look very clean. I think the real ones were actually painted.

That seat delete kit looks to be priced about the same as others I have seen. I havnt seen one installed, but it looks to be a pretty good fit.

1994 Rio Red Coupe #3564

304 ci, GT40X Aluminum Heads, Extrude Honed and Polished intake, Motorsport F303 cam, vortech fuel rails, 77 mm Pro-M mass air, 70mm BBK T-Body, Smog pump deletion, MSD and Perfomance distributors ignition components, Tremec 3550, Steeda Tri-axe, King Cobra/Centerforce clutch, Custom 3" Alum Driveshaft, 3.55 Gears, Griggs rear suspension w/torque arm & pan hard bar, Koni Red Shocks/Struts
Aaron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Tony,

E-mail Steve Shrader for the rear seat delete kit he offers. As an SCMC member, you will get 10% off the price! www.rearseatdelete.com for his website.
Attached Images

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #4
tones688
SCMC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Tony,

E-mail Steve Shrader for the rear seat delete kit he offers. As an SCMC member, you will get 10% off the price! www.rearseatdelete.com for his website.
Thanks for the info Tony, I checked ot the site and will be ordering a kit early February (Tax refund gift to me lol). I'm assuming these kits are reversible (i.e I can put my rear seat back in at a later date with no repercusions). I guess I'll check with Steve to confirm.

Thanks again
Old 01-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
stylin99

Yes, the rear seat delete kits are removeable whenever you need to remove them. There's no permanent modifications needed to the car and only takes about 10-15 minutes for the first time you're doing it.
stylin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
flynfink

Send a message via AIM to flynfink
[QUOTE=tones688]I saw this done on another 1994 Cobra and thought it was rather sharp (see upload pic). It was fashioned after the Saleen look. My question is whether the original tail light cover was painted black from red and if so, how or whether it was replaced with a black cover.

QUOTE]

The cover is easily removeable (I think) and can be painted any color you want..

We changed the 94 tailights out for a set of 98 tailights ( my son liked them better) and the plastic on the 98's were orange, so we had them painted black.
99' Rio Red Cobra Vert. #203 of 4055
94' Black Cobra Coupe #4971 of 5009

"Drive it like ya stole it"
flynfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
LGSCHMIDTJR

fly
I think Saleen used a cover on the 94-95 cars, and am not sure if they are still available. I bought a spare set of tail lights on ebay and plan on painting the painted part semi-flat black. Additionally the painted part is not removable
on the 94-95 lights but are on the 96-98 vertical lights.

Good luck
Laurence
LGSCHMIDTJR is offline   Reply With Quote