Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Shelby Forums > Shelby GT500 Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR And Other Upcoming Ford Vehicals

I don't know if this is true or not but I had heard that this was going to be like a Cobra R. If that is true then Ford should put a Ford GT motor with the Dry Sump Oil system in it. Still it looks pretty nice IMO.

Quote:
FORD UNVEILS TRIO OF VEHICLES FOR NEW YORK AUTO SHOW, INCLUDING MOST POWERFUL MUSTANG AND F-150
Written by Administrator
Friday, 30 March 2007

* New, limited-edition vehicles developed with hip hop guru Funkmaster Flex and hot rodder Chip Foose will join the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR – the most powerful Mustang to ever – at the 2007 New York International Auto Show.
* 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR roars to life in spring 2008.
* 2008 Ford F-150 Foose Edition hits the streets in fall 2007.
* 2008 Ford Expedition Funkmaster Flex Edition to launch in fall 2007.
* Ford’s customization business continues to grow: up 50 percent in 2006.

DEARBORN, Mich., March 30, 2007 – Ford unveiled three new limited-edition models today – the Shelby GT500KR, the F-150 Foose Edition and the Ford Expedition Funkmaster Flex Edition – all of which will be make their public debut at the 2007 New York International Auto Show. The trio of vehicles, including the most powerful pickup and most powerful Mustang ever from Ford, demonstrates how the company is leveraging key partnerships to create exciting new products.

The Corral

****MORE INFO******

King of the Road Indeed: The 2008 Shelby Cobra GT500KR Concept Surfaces

Is 540 horsepower (and 510 lb-ft of torque) sent to a live rear axle enough to constitute monarchical sovereignty over all thoroughfares? You make the call, we'll make with the specs on the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR. The name recalls one of the last Shelby Mustangs to be produced during the late 1960s. This King comes with a six-speed manual and a rear axle ratio of 3.73:1. It gets the Ford Racing power package, which includes a modified ECU and cold-air intake; performance suspension including stiffer springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars; Shelby-designed 18" wheels (20" for show purposes); short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace; carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby 'KR' design, and front brake cooling ducts. We'll see it at the New York auto show next week ahead of its arrival next spring for a run of 1000 units. – Mike Spinelli

2008 Shelby Cobra GT500

Jalopnik: Obsessed With The Cult Of Cars

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
ausie
Don't let the dog drive

Send a message via MSN to ausie
I could only imagine what that will cost due to low numbers built. Cool
UPR double lock firewall adjuster
UPR GMS extreme double hook quadrant
Wheels: Ford SVT 10th anniv. wheels (track duty)
SVE 10th anniv. style 17x9F, 10x10.5R
BBS RK Plasma 18x8.5F, 18x10R (retired)

(retired) 2001 black SVT Cobra, October 2001
missed but not forgotten
ausie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausie
I could only imagine what that will cost due to low numbers built. Cool
I'm guessing after the markup it will be 6 figures, but I hope not.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
93 Cobra R

If the new Camaro and Challenger are in the showrooms at the same time as the GT500KR there might be a slim chance to get one for msrp.
1993 Mustang Cobra R #93 of 107 | 1991 Mustang 5.0 LX | 1967 Mustang | 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT

93 Cobra R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
Angel
SCMC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
I'm guessing after the markup it will be 6 figures, but I hope not.
Current estimates put the MSRP at mid 50s and the price can be as high as 90s. Depending on the Qty Produced and the Popularity of the Competition, it may be as high as 110.

Too bad the cost is so high as these are nice cars and more people should be enjoying them.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
SVT Enthusiast

Now that is one gorgous Cobra unfortunatly there will probably be a $30k plus premium
SVT Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
rleard

Exclamation Save you beer money

I have one price of $ 80,000 to 110,000. I can not believe some would put this on payment system.
The funny part is Ca. has a $1,500 gas gusler tax.
Well one thing its cheaper than x wifes and you can drive the hell out of it, and no complaints. And when its 50 years old it still looks good. I think I'm talking my self to one more mustand . Going to run out of garage space someday.
I can only hope gas will not go as high as bottle water.
rleard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #8
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
I'm just trying to figure out how you can be in Beaufort and Carlsbad at the same time?

I doubt I'll get an 08 as the price would make me have to mortgage my house...

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
rleard

Exclamation bi coastal

They have Mustangs on both coast, so I live on both coast. Air travel is great, its cheaper than driving a car back and forth. Hells fuzzy they even sell cars to yank's in South.
As you get older, your enjoyment of changing parts out, just aint there.
So. Calif. South Carolina the best of both worlds and only 12 hours away.
(flight time plus driving) To debait or rebait depends on where your at.
rleard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #10
TheSandman
SCMC Member

Talked to David Brown at Parkway Ford. He has 1 coming and don't know if he will get anymore. He said he already has a $25k deposit on it. The SALE price is............................................$125k!!!
#787 of 8152 coupes//#180 of 2252 white/blue stripes coupes
A "few mods" for the track
"Dyno Dan Tune" 600+rwhp 600 tourq
11.28 sec 126mph 1/4 @ "The Rock" (3.35 gears)
SOLD but not forgotton
----------------------------------
'06 Z06 stock track car
'05 Mustang GT
"Dyno Dan Tune"
Daily driver
"Let me take you on a magic carpet ride!!"
TheSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #11
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
Let's face it...they are making these cars for a select few. The people who truly make a lot of money and have nothing better to do with it then spend it frivolously on cars that are way over priced. Yes the new Shelby looks cool and I would like to have one but no way I would pay over MSRP for one. If that is the case...I'll just keep my 04 and put a set of pulleys on it. That's enough to keep the Shel's respectful.

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #12
Angel
SCMC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman
Talked to David Brown at Parkway Ford. He has 1 coming and don't know if he will get anymore. He said he already has a $25k deposit on it. The SALE price is............................................$125k!!!
That'a a lotta cash for a Ride. Even if, it's a Shelby. Having gotten mine early at not much over (and thought that was a bit much and was on the wire about it), I have to agree with Cobrabitn the price is a bit much. Unless, of course, it happened to be an all original '67 GT500 in White and Blue. 125k would be a deal to me.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #13
mus6870

G.T.500kr

Saw pic in autoweek,looks sweet to me,hope production model is close.
mus6870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #14
ProfChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
Let's face it...they are making these cars for a select few. The people who truly make a lot of money and have nothing better to do with it than spend it frivolously on cars that are way over-priced. Yes, the new Shelby looks cool and I would like to have one but no way I would pay over MSRP for one. If that is the case...I'll just keep my '04 and put a set of pulleys on it. That's enough to keep the Shelby [owners] respectful.

Cobrabitn makes a good point: Many Ford dealerships (especially in Florida) are being both brash and shameless about Ford Corporate turning a blind eye to individual dealerships gouging customers by charging well over $10K above MSRP for the GT500 base model. (There is apparently an unspoken yet ill-enforced Ford Corporate policy against price-gouging, whose lack of enforcement stands in stark contrast to Porsche who go to great lengths to protect the individual customer against price-gouging; MSRP for all vehicles and options is listed at the Porsche corporate site, and the individual customer can report price-gouging via either 800-number or e-mail contact.)

If I were radically blessed, I likely wouldn't mind to a great degree paying the extra cash for a Shelby GT500, but that doesn't change the fact that the recent trend of Shelby GT500 prices dipping rapidly toward MSRP can't be a good sign for the public image of both Ford Corporate and individual dealerships. Their public image was already out-of-integrity after Ford Corporate turned a blind eye to price-gouging on '05 Mustang GT's, and the rapid drop toward MSRP of the GT500 will likely hurt them even more. Some might even say that it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of thieves.

cheers,
--Professor Chaos

P.S.: If I were to pay stupid-money for a Ford car, This Would Be My First Choice
ProfChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
whitelightnings

2008 shelby kr

when my dad went to the dealer to get his 08 GT500 they said they were gettin 1 kr and had it sold for $112,000!!!!
whitelightnings is offline   Reply With Quote