Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Regional Forums > Midwest
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
psycho43142

Solstice got bit by the Dragon

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/ind...?topic=88254.0

I thought this might bring back some memories for Mike(bad ones). The Cobra held up a bit better.

Chris
psycho43142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
mojosvt
SCMC Member

Send a message via AIM to mojosvt
Not much better......

I was actaully talking to somebody about the wreck the other day. I local mustang guy was talking about heading down and running the dragon, and I told him my story, and told him to be extra safe I learned a huge lesson that day, and thanks my lucky stars on a regular basis for what I have, and what WASN'T take away from me that day.

1996 Mystic Cobra Coupe, Griggs and MM track ready SOLD
2003 Mineral Gray Cobra convertible #466, 1 of 152 SOLD
mojosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
SvilleCobra
SVT via Capital Gains!

Mike & Mark,

Hearing the story in the past just doesn't come close to the story the pictures tell. Ouch & Wow!

Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!

2003 Redfire Kenny Brown Cobra Coupe
1997 Black Kenny Brown Cobra Vert - SOLD

DD - '11 Edge Limited AWD

SvilleCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
mojo dad

All Mustang Show Summit Racing

We were lucky...we won the lottery as far as I'm concerned.
Also are you going to the Mustang Show next Sat Aug 4?
mojo dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
tazzracing1
SCMC Member

pretty rough, Glad he was ok.
2003 S/C Cobra(born 6/10/2002 #439 of 8394)
2.93 pulley/Cold air intake
X-pipe with cats/Magnaflowcatback
Strut tower bar and subframe connectors
MGW shifter second to none/best of the best
Billetflow pullies with snub pulley
1997 Cobra(retired)

www.michiganmustang.com
tazzracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
coreseller

Hey guys!!! I hope all has been well, especially for you and the Mrs. Mike. Been having a crazy past couple of months myself. Yeah, I kind of remember that evening myself on the Dragon. I was talking to a guy in Florida a couple of months back while on vacation and he said that they have speed trap cameras on the Dragon now, dunno if it's true or not. I sold my Cobra a couple of months back since I decided noone NEEDS a new GTO and a Cobra and I've regretted that decision since the day it left my garage. Well, today something happened that made it even a little lousier tasting: Exactly 5 and a half hours ago my GTO got creamed by a kid who had his license for a total of 4 days. He pulled out in front of me this afternoon while on his cell phone, I broadsided him throwing us both into an Escalade. It wasn't pretty. Not sure if the car will be a write off or not, nose, hood one if not both fenders gone and the radiator was pushed pretty good into / around the front of the motor. Also the passenger door would not open. Strangely enough, no airbags went off. Now the wife and I are down to a Honda Odyssey. Luckily noone hurt though. Those damn tires were only 3 days old on that GTO. C'ya......Mark.P.S. Chris, What do you think of your CTSV so far, it looks like the front runner for a replacement.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
tones688
SCMC Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the GTO, but based upon what you said, thank God you're ok and able to sound upbeat (sortof..) about it. Good luck on the replacement - hopefully the car is written off as I'd hate to be stuck with a rebuild after that kind of damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller
Hey guys!!! I hope all has been well, especially for you and the Mrs. Mike. Been having a crazy past couple of months myself. Yeah, I kind of remember that evening myself on the Dragon. I was talking to a guy in Florida a couple of months back while on vacation and he said that they have speed trap cameras on the Dragon now, dunno if it's true or not. I sold my Cobra a couple of months back since I decided noone NEEDS a new GTO and a Cobra and I've regretted that decision since the day it left my garage. Well, today something happened that made it even a little lousier tasting: Exactly 5 and a half hours ago my GTO got creamed by a kid who had his license for a total of 4 days. He pulled out in front of me this afternoon while on his cell phone, I broadsided him throwing us both into an Escalade. It wasn't pretty. Not sure if the car will be a write off or not, nose, hood one if not both fenders gone and the radiator was pushed pretty good into / around the front of the motor. Also the passenger door would not open. Strangely enough, no airbags went off. Now the wife and I are down to a Honda Odyssey. Luckily noone hurt though. Those damn tires were only 3 days old on that GTO. C'ya......Mark.P.S. Chris, What do you think of your CTSV so far, it looks like the front runner for a replacement.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
psycho43142

I love the CTS-V, it's a blast to have as a daily driver, and a blast at AX or track days. I'm definately sorry to hear abot the GTO, but at least you're ok and that's what matters most, cars can be replaced.

Chris
psycho43142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
coreseller

Thanks Chris. First time back on in awhile. Well I was pretty stoked about getting a CTS-V but decided it probably would not be a good idea to pull into customers' parking lot in one of those, alot of buyers / purchasing agents notice those kind of things. I was able to find another '04 GTO in Pulse Red (my first one was Torrid Red) with only 29k and clean as a pin so I bought it. Strangely enough most people don't recognize GTO's (especially the 2004's) and quickly think they're just another 2 door domestic. Also I came to the conclusion I never should of sold the convertible last summer so I bought another one last week. I hope to see you guys soon......Mark.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
mojosvt
SCMC Member

Mark, you can't just tell us that you bought another convertible, and not tell us what kind???? another cobra???? DETAILS

Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #11
coreseller

I'll spill the beans in a week or so when it gets here, it's being shipped in from out west. Boy are you guys gonna give me grief over this .
Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #12
mojosvt
SCMC Member

From that answer, I am guessing no american v-8 muscle.....are you going to have to start turning your nose up at us blue oval guys

Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #13
coreseller

Yep, you're right it wasn't. Deal fell through, for some reason (I think he got a better offer before the vehicle shipped) the buyer flaked out and returned funds so luckily noone got hurt. No problem, half of the fun is in the hunt, C'ya.....Mark.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
coreseller

Holy Thread Reincarnation BatMan!!!! I picked up a new to me Porsche Boxster S last weekend. I flew down to Richmond, VA, verified condition, records, etc. and drove back 9 hours, absolutely freaking phenomenal handling, period. The driving dynamics and power delivery are completely different than anything I've driven. I flirted with a few used C5 ZO6's but came to the conclusion that they were too fast for my potential open track (remember the 88 time Chris?) endeavors, along with the fact I love verts. Anyway, I hope to catch up with you guys later in the spring, Cyas.....Mark.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #15
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojosvt
From that answer, I am guessing no american v-8 muscle.....are you going to have to start turning your nose up at us blue oval guys
Yep and I've got that one covered with the GTO, no German poser will touch that big cube torque. I was planning on getting the Pontiac G8 as a replacement company vehicle for the GTO in a year or two but frankly if gas continues to rise, the VW Jetta Wagon Diesel will likely be the replacement.

BTW.....I'm hoping that you know me well enough to punch me squarely in the nose if it ever starts rising LOL.