SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > Suspension Tech
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
XdigityX

Cool Steeda suspension products

I was wondering what everyone thinks about steeda's suspension parts? I'm looking into doing a little upgrading and i'm trying to decide if steeda is where I want to buy from or go somewhere else. All help is much appreciated
XdigityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
flynfink

Send a message via AIM to flynfink
depends, most racers use Griggs or Maximum Motorsports.

I've got a a few Steeda parts on my Cobra's and they work well. On the 94, I've got the CC plates and their rear, LCA's. Also springs.

Cannot remember what steeda suff I've got on the 99..
99' Rio Red Cobra Vert. #203 of 4055
94' Black Cobra Coupe #4971 of 5009

"Drive it like ya stole it"
flynfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
sssvtcobra
SCMC Member

Hey Cody,

I would highly recommend Maximum Motorsports for any suspension stuff. It's also better to stick with one manufacturer if you can. I have all MM stuff except for my X2 balljoints from Steeda, and since I went with their balljoints I used their bumpsteer kit. MM doesn't have balljoints, otherwise I would have used MM's. Also if you are going to buy C/C plates, definately go with MM.

I've never really used anything from Steeda before the balljoints and bumpsteer kit. But I've had 4 Mustangs, so I've kind of been in the game for awhile and I've heard lots of stuff about both companies.

My 0.02
C/D and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS pads
S.S. Brake lines
MM C/C plates
MM Fr. & Rr. coilovers
'00 R shocks
Bilstein race valved struts
KB rear shock tower brace
MM Full Length Sub's
Custom rear seat delete
MGW Shifter
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
Steeda X2 Balljoints
sssvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
I also use MM produces(except for my rearend bushings) and recommend them for a streetcar. The only Steeda part I have ever owned is a Tri-Ax, but from my understanding they make some very good chassis/suspension components especially for Mustangs with straight axles as they apparently don't like the IRS. My guess is it has something to do with supporting their 5-link, but IDK.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
Bartman01
Eat my shorts

A lot of Steeda parts are re-badged parts from other mfgs. Steeda just slaps their name on them and sells them for a markup. Not saying their parts are bad, just that most of them can be had from the original mfg for less.

Personally, Maximum Motorsports would be my first stop for aftermarket suspension parts.
#3230 of 3867
Bartman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
puzzle13
SCMC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XdigityX
I was wondering what everyone thinks about steeda's suspension parts? I'm looking into doing a little upgrading and i'm trying to decide if steeda is where I want to buy from or go somewhere else. All help is much appreciated
I have worked with Steeda and their parts seem to be good, but most of them are made by other vendors. The problem I had was with the knowledge of the tech help. The best advice I can give you is determine what you want to upgrade and what your goal is. Then after you figure out how far you want to go, talk with more than one place and go from their. If you are just street driving, that is a lot different than track use, which is totally different from drag strip use. I started with Steeda, but have moved to Maximum Motorsports for my upgrades. I am modifying for the open track and the guys at Steeda just didn't seem too knowledgable on this. It seemed they just wanted to sell me something. Jason at MM has helped me with questions directly concerning how I am going to use my car. Just determine the outcome first so you don't end up doing things 2 or 3 times and waste a lot of money.
puzzle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
XdigityX

Thanks for all the info. Its very much appreciated.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #8
vortex03
SCMC Member

I always thought that Steeda was good for their parts. I mean Steeda is tied in with Ford performance. I do know that the steeda cat-back #040-13908 that I have is maded by Borla #14858. These 2 exhaust systems are the same. Only reason I went with Steeda was b/c it was cheaper and with my car still being under warranty I figured since the Steeda name is tied with Ford I could get by with no suspicions.
vortex03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
srochefort

I got some good info from Stangsuspension.com Told them what I wanted the car to do and they hooked me up. I went with the Steeda springs and Tokico adjustables and I love the setup. This is on my 99 Cobra, planning on going back to them for advice on my 05 GT.
srochefort is offline   Reply With Quote