SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > General Forums > The SCMC Lounge
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
svtvnm

Flash tuner and tach question

I am contemplating either getting a Ford racing tachometer or a sct flash tuner or a steeda short throw shifter for my 99'cobra. Just wondering has anybody got any of these fitted to their car. I am leaning towards the flash tuner but do not know how good it would really be. Due to the fact it will be coming to Australia there is no chance to return it if there is any problems. Also how much of a hassle is it to fit these tachometers? Does the gear box have to come out to fit the shifter? Also which of the tremec boxes is fitted to the 99'cobra.
Build #33 of 4040, Date 12/15/1998
Lowered Eibach springs, 18x8 Enkie wheels, 275/40R18 Falken tyres, High flow CATS and mufflers, carbon fibre cold air intake, aftermarket MAF, heads ported and polished,GT front bar, RECARO seats, custom dash. fender mounted indicator light for Australian compliance.

svtvnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
cdrlmr

Send a message via AIM to cdrlmr
99 Cobra

I recently put a set of gears in my 99 Cobra and got the SCT Flash tuner so I could tell my car to correct the speedometer. Next month I will head back to the dyno to see how much more power it put down.

As far as the shifter it is an easy job and I just put in a MGW shifter. I did not realize that my car already had a Steeda shifter in it. The 99 Cobra has the T45 transmission. After driving it for only a couple of days, I do like the MGW shifter over the Steeda, but that is my personal preference and it may be the new synthetic fluid I put in the transmission that is causing it to shift better not the shifter.

Don't know anything about the tach though.

Of the things you mentioned, I would guess I would go with the SCT flash tuner. Mostly because you will want it if you change gears. Let me tell you, from changing from 3.27 to 4.10 gears, there is quite a difference in acceleration. From most others I have heard from, it is the best money spent on the 4.6 Mustangs.
cdrlmr is offline   Reply With Quote