Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > Suspension Tech
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
9Cobra9

Send a message via AIM to 9Cobra9
irs vibration

i have a vibration in the rear of my car and i have already changed the driveshaft and put a gear in. I dont know if it is my bushings or the wheel bearing going out but it only does it when the car has a load on it once it gets a certain speed, it dont do it all the time but it mainly does it in 4th and 5th gear and its in the rear i know for sure i dont know if it does it when i get on it or not i dont really pay any attention, but if it was the wheel bearing it would make a roaring noise but i think it might be the bushing but i just want someone opinion on it to see if im right.

SOLD: 99 Ultra White Cobra

03-04 cobra front bumper, 2 chamber Flowmasters, Mac H-pipe, 3 1/2 stainless tips, JLT CAI, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, stainless cobra pedals, cobra floor mats, Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Pro Dyno Tune 312RWHP 316RWTQ
9Cobra9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
9Cobra9

Send a message via AIM to 9Cobra9
well i have found out what my problem is the bushings on my control arms are wore out and my other question is how hard is it to replace the bushings is a hard job or is it so so?

SOLD: 99 Ultra White Cobra

03-04 cobra front bumper, 2 chamber Flowmasters, Mac H-pipe, 3 1/2 stainless tips, JLT CAI, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, stainless cobra pedals, cobra floor mats, Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Pro Dyno Tune 312RWHP 316RWTQ
9Cobra9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
cfradam

some deffinate work involved.the hard part is pressing the new bushings in.there are special tools to do this.you could always talk to a performance shop to see what they would charge you to press them out/in once you get the arms out.then a good alignment is needed
cfradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #4
JROC

Send a message via Yahoo to JROC
This will probably cure your problem.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=260665

With an 03/04 Cobra the pinion angle from the driveshaft to the rearend is wrong from the factory. This lets you adjust you pinion angle, and also cures the jolt the Terminators experiance on decel at about 60 MPH. IDK if 99/01 Cobras experiance those problems but this is a good kit for a nice price and I have experiance on extra noise and the ride comfort is aleast as good as it is with the factory rubber bushings it just performs better in every aspect and eliminated all of my wheel hop.

Born: 9/2/02
# 2512 of 8394

Mods:
Magnaflow Catback, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-Ax, K&N FIPK, 2.93" upper pulley, MM FLSFC, MM K-Member Brace, MM Coilovers, ac427cobra's Complete IRS Bushings, Billetflow IRS Brace, 18x9 Front, 18x10.5 Rear AFS factory replicas, McLeod RST TD Clutch, Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, LFP DP H/E, ETC. :rockon:

JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
decco

I know this is an old post, but I now have the same problem on my '99. It has 109,000 miles. Do you have to pull the whole rear out, just drop it down, or how do you get the upper a arm out? There doesn't seem to be enough room to work on it with the rear up in place. Thanks.
decco is offline   Reply With Quote