Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Blown96Snake
SCMC Member

Send a message via AIM to Blown96Snake
IRS Camber - Track question

Hey guys,

I am probably going to stay an instructor for the foreseable future. So, I will get away from the Miata and hopefully get back to tracking the Cobra in the next year or two (once I get a tow vehicle).

For those of you guys that track your Cobra, how much negative camber can you dial in? I know there is also a provision for some toe-in, but I am mainly interested in seeing what kind of negative camber I could expect.

I ask this because if you check my signature, I have a 96. I have been recently thinking about ditching the solid axle and moving to the IRS. I understand the limitations of either setup, but have truely come to appreciate IRS on my Miata. I love how little the car gets upset when I hit the berms at VIR. I have a blast doing that and while I know I would tone it down a little until I learned the car, I feel that the solid axle would upset the car too much in that situation.

Anyway, I'm not doing this anytime soon, but if someone's IRS is setup, I would love to catch a ride sometime.

Dave
Old 04-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
puzzle13
SCMC Member

I will be at VIR Thursday through Saturday with my 03 Convertible. I have MM coil overs with other goodies and it was aligned by Long Road Racing in Raleigh. He balanced and aligned the car. He also does a ton with Miatas! You can always contact him at 919-614-4797. His name is Glen Long and he owns the shop and does the suspension work. He is a really nice guy that very much enjoys his work and helping fellow racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown96Snake
Hey guys,

I am probably going to stay an instructor for the foreseable future. So, I will get away from the Miata and hopefully get back to tracking the Cobra in the next year or two (once I get a tow vehicle).

For those of you guys that track your Cobra, how much negative camber can you dial in? I know there is also a provision for some toe-in, but I am mainly interested in seeing what kind of negative camber I could expect.

I ask this because if you check my signature, I have a 96. I have been recently thinking about ditching the solid axle and moving to the IRS. I understand the limitations of either setup, but have truely come to appreciate IRS on my Miata. I love how little the car gets upset when I hit the berms at VIR. I have a blast doing that and while I know I would tone it down a little until I learned the car, I feel that the solid axle would upset the car too much in that situation.

Anyway, I'm not doing this anytime soon, but if someone's IRS is setup, I would love to catch a ride sometime.

Dave
puzzle13 is offline   Reply With Quote