SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Pick your poison > American Iron/AV8SS/Grand Am Cup
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
FCorkran

2008 NASA-MA American Iron Champion

Congratulations to Jimmy Bost on winning the NASA-MA AI season championship this past weekend at Summit Point.

I did everything I could to take the championship away from Jimmy but he never made a mistake when it counted (even when I was in his mirror trying to force one), completed every lap this season, and finished it off the same way he started - with a pair of wins.

Enjoy your victory, Jimmy. The new season starts in just over 3 months.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Mystic_Cobra
NASA American Iron #16

Thumbs up A big Thank You

Thanks, Frank. And thanks to everyone at the SCMC! This club has been a great resource to me for info and for great friends.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me at the track this year, or helped me preparing for the track this year, or just for coming to the track this year, and even those who asked me how it went at the track this year. I certainly couldn't have done it without my crew. Exhibit A would be my very unsuccessful 2006 season that ended early when I crashed at Summit Point in July before I had my traveling crew. Speaking of which, thanks to everyone who has let me borrow their garage for an afternoon or a week or even a few months to work on my car. There's just too many things that have to get done for a race team to be successful if everything has to be done by one person. I can't believe that I actually went the whole year without forgetting any important things like the car, or tires, or keys, or my driving suit, or torqueing the wheels.

All of your support has been a great help to me and enabled me to win my first racing Championship. No, Jack Roush hasn't called yet, but regardless this season has been the most fun I've ever had. Hopefully, this is the first of many stepping stones for me. With a little luck, a lot of hard work, and a few more go fast parts, we will be running for another Championship in 2009.

So, thanks for asking how my racing is going, even if you don't know what kind of racing I'm doing. It still means a lot to me. If you haven't made it out to a race yet, what are you waiting for? Every event is a ton of fun! The 2009 schedule should be posted sometime in December and the first event is usually around the first of March. We always have room for one more person on the crew!

Some highlights for the #16 team from 2008:
Started and Finished 16 of 16 races in 2008.
7 class wins
3 pole positions (fastest qualifier)
Improved by at least 2 seconds at every track in our region.

Jimmy Bost
2008 NASA American Iron Mid Atlantic Champion
looking for business partnerships (aka sponsors) for 2009
Jimmy Bost #00539
American Iron #16 Ford Mustang Cobra
Old 11-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
bolt-on
WingNuts

Send a message via AIM to bolt-on Send a message via Yahoo to bolt-on
AI Championship

Congratulations Jimmy . That Mystic Cobra and driver have had quite an adventurous ride since I saw the car in Ford's Centnennial show in Dearborn.
1997 Rio Red GT Convertible (MCA show pony)
2007 Vista Blue California Special (her summer daily driver)
Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
Mystic_Cobra
NASA American Iron #16

Yes, it has been quite a ride since 2003. Thanks for the props. Looking forward to making it out to more shows and events in 2009!

I have started to miss having Mystic to drive on the street and I've started looking at online ads. There are quite a few out there, but I can't afford another car right now, so I'll keep drooling for now.
Jimmy Bost #00539
American Iron #16 Ford Mustang Cobra
Closed Thread