SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > Mustang Events - Track and Show > Upcoming Events
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
cobrabitn
Dr Jekyll on the street, Mr Hyde on the track

Send a message via AIM to cobrabitn
SVT Cobra Mustang Club 10th Anniversary Celebration May 29-31, 2009 at VIR

SVT Cobra Mustang Club 10th Anniversary Celebration
VIR Full Course Friday
VIR North Course Sat. & Sun.

Join the SCMC for some on track fun at Virginia International Raceway. The event is our 10th Anniversary Celebration. The event consists of three days of open track with in car instruction available, a Saturday Mustang and Ford Show, and a Saturday night banquet.

The open track portion of this event is a school with in car instruction where you can safely drive your car the way it was built to be driven. This portion of the event is limited to the first 105 students/drivers.

Please be sure to download both the registration form and the events packet. The registration form is in adobe and MS Word in case you do not have the updated version of Adobe Acrobat.

Car show participants will get to take their car on track during lunch for "parade laps". A professional photographer will be available for you to purchase photos of your car on track and in action.

You can pay on line in the store at www.scmcstore.com or mail your entry form to the following address: (Note your early registration discount if you pay on line will show up on your credit card, you just have to trust us.)

SVT Cobra Mustang Club 10th Anniversary Celebration
C/O Allan Scott
PO Box 723
Lewisville, NC 27023

Lodging

In anticipation of a large turnout for this event we have arranged for a block of rooms at the following hotel. To make reservations please contact the hotel at the numbers listed below and inform them you are with the SVT Cobra Mustang Club.

Sleep Inn & Suites 434-793-6090
This is the hotel we stayed at last year and it also has ample parking for trucks and trailers. The rates (total including taxes) will be $86.39 for a room with two double beds and $82.06 for room with a single king bed.

There will be camping at the facility but you will have to pay a camping fee of $25.00 per night and it must be paid to the track.

There will be a spectator fee of $20.00 or you can enter the car show for $20.00 and waive the spectator fee. Children 14 and under get in free!

Official 10th Anniversary Sponsors include the following:

Parkway Ford - www.parkwayford.com
JLT True Cold Air - www.jlttruecoldair.com
MGW Ltd - www.mgwltd.com
Time Out Sportswear - www.timeoutsportswear.com
(Platinum - Embroidered jackets for raffle)

Event Contributors:

Pro-Dyno - On site dyno where you can measure your horsepower! www.pro-dyno.com
Data Plates Plus - Car Show dash plaques! www.dataplatesplus.com
HyperPerformance Motorsports - www.hyperperformancemotorsports.com
Mustang Enthusiast Magazine - www.mustangenthusiast.com
Kenny Brown - www.kennybrown.com
Muscle Mustangs Fast Fords - www.musclemustangsfastfords.com

Our Guest Speaker:

John Clor - Ford Performance Group - www.fordperformancegroup.com

Vendors include the following:

There will be a "free" raffle for a SCMC 10th Anniversary jacket to anyone who enters the event and preregisters before the cutoff date of May 15, 2009 and attends the banquet.

Car Show price = $20.00 and includes the opportunity to:

1. Free raffle for a 10th Anniversary Jacket (at banquet)
2. Complimentary parade laps
3. Commemorative Coin
4. Event tee is $20.00 extra

Pricing is as follows:

$475.00 for Friday - Sunday includes full course Friday and North course Saturday/Sunday.

If you are a club member or have previously attended an SCMC event in the past and paid for a track event then you get a $50.00 discount or the price will be $425.00 till May 14, 2009. (Basically, for $30.00 more than a weekend rate you get to run full course on Friday)

If you are not a club member or have never attended an SCMC on track event in the past then your price is $475.00 for three days.

On May 15, 2009 the price will be $525.00 to anyone who signs up after the early bird registration date.

If you just want to run full course on Friday then the cost is $240.00 for the day if you register before May 15, 2009. After May 15, 2009, the cost is $265.00 for the day. This pricing is for both club members and non-club members. There is no discount for one day events, only for three days of on track.

If you just want to run Saturday and Sunday, the cost is $395.00 for both members and non-members prior to May 15, 2009. If you register on or after May 15, 2009 then the weekend price is $445.00 for the weekend.

Hyper Drive = $60.00 = You can now do "Hyper drives" which is $60.00 a session. Basically, you get to take your car out on track for 30 minutes for one session with an instructor in car with you. You will have to pass a tech inspection and have a helmet or borrow one from someone who is not running.

Car Show = $20.00 no early bird registration required but we ask that you register early to help with organizing the event and to reserve your 10th Anniversary coin.

Banquet = $30.00 a person and we ask that you register for the banquet at least one week prior to the event.

Event Tee Shirts = $20.00 = There will be a small quantity of extras ordered for this event. You should order your tee shirt at least 3 weeks prior to the event.

Event Coin = Free = Only to the first 100 people who register for the event. This includes both track participants and show participants.

10th Anniversary Jackets = Free = Anyone who attends the banquet will get an opportunity to win a 10th Anniversary jacket which will have an embroidered 10th anniversary logo on it. The key word here is a chance to win not guaranteed to win. Raffle tickets will be given out at the banquet.

Pace Car Jackets = Free = Only Pace Car owners will be eligible to win a "Pace Car" jacket. There will be two jackets given away and you must be present to win. We're not going to hunt you down to give away a free limited edition jacket. Raffle will be held at the banquet.

Car Show Awards - There will be at least 50 awards to be given away at the awards ceremony. Those that are leaving will get to have theirs given to them on Saturday after the show and those that are going to the banquet will get their awards there at a small ceremony.

Parade laps = Free = To anyone who enters the car show or track event. If you don't enter the show ($20.00) then you'll have to pay to do parade laps. Parade lap cost will be, you guessed it, $20.00. Enter the show and pay 20 bucks or pay $20.00 anyway to go out on track at lunch, your choice. We are doing the free parade laps as a courtesy and to get everyone involved in the event.

Event Organizers/Registration:

Burke Dawson - Track Registration - 1997 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Tony Sorrentino - Track Logistics - 1994 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Allan Scott - Car Show Registration - 2004 Redfire SVT Cobra Coupe

Tech Inspectors:

Larry Bolton - 1997 Crystal White SVT Cobra Coupe
Dave Stanfield - 1999 Rio Red SVT Cobra Convertible

Please click the attached document in order to verify your event confirmation, thanks.

Please click the attached document to see who has reserved a 10th Anniversary Coin, thanks.

This events packet is mandatory to download prior to the event:

2016 Ruby Red Metallic with Caribou accent F-350 Crew Cab

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

2013 Race Red Boss 302 Coupe - track car!

No mods yet!

2009 Vista Blue Shelby GT 500 Coupe - Garage Queen

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

1994 Rio Red Indy Pace Car #22 "Runabout"

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

Custom Data Plates for your Mustang or Ford!

Buy "Cool Merchandise" at Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
cobrabitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Rex

Hi Tony:

Sign me up for Instructors and I'll get Debbie's Mailed in shortly. I want to keep her in the intermediate.
Thanks
Rex Lantz
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
AlohaC5

Count me in! Janet and I had a great time with your club at VIR (Full and South Course) last year and look forward to another fun long weekend this summer. Rick - I registered for the Advanced/Solo Group again. Mike
A Veteran: Someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
AlohaC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
SvilleCobra
SVT via Capital Gains!

OK...took the plunge to travel South! I am all paid and signed up.

This Buckeye will represent the Ohio contingent and try to get more people there.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone as this is the first major SCMC event I will be attending.

See you all in May!

2003 Redfire Kenny Brown Cobra Coupe
1997 Black Kenny Brown Cobra Vert - SOLD

DD - '11 Edge Limited AWD

SvilleCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
cobrabitn

MGW will now be a sponsor for this event!

Stump Puller! 6.7 Diesel Automatic with Chrome Package, Off Road Package, 3.55 Locking axles, and Ultimate Lariat Interior Trim Package!

No mods yet!

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

1969 New Lime Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof - Second owner - bone stock with shaker.

One SVT Cobra, one Shelby GT500, one 69 mach 1, and a Boss 302 is better than nothing!

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
STACYSTANGZ

Send a message via AIM to STACYSTANGZ
PM sent concerning sponsorships!

98' Cobra
90' GT
96' Cobra (for sale $5800)
STACYSTANGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
cobrabitn

This link has been updated in the first post to include pricing explanations and hyper drive fee.

No mods yet!

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
AlohaC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabitn
MGW will now be a sponsor for this event!
I recently installed the new MGW 15% short shifter in my C5 - best shifter on the market and one of the best mods I've done to my vette. Quality, performance and price is 1st class! Thanks George.
A Veteran: Someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
BlackStripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Count me in! Janet and I had a great time with your club at VIR (Full and South Course) last year and look forward to another fun long weekend this summer. Rick - I registered for the Advanced/Solo Group again. Mike
hey Mike!!

Glad i am going to share track with you again, this time with your beast!!!

Hector
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
AlohaC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStripes
hey Mike!!

Glad i am going to share track with you again, this time with your beast!!!

Hector
Hector, looking forward to seeing you and "your beast" at an HPDE this year - its been too long! Mike
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
Vnemous

Posted up on the Heart of Carolina website. Hope to add a few more to your event. If there are any errors in my posting, please let me know. Had a great event at CMP, hope to help you all have another one at VIR.

Mark Barnes, Reef Blue 93 Mustang
http://www.hcmcstangs.com/forums/sho...6951#post26951
Vnemous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
cobrabitn

Thanks Mark...I'll see if I can get Edmond to update our store for the "Hyper Drives". Had a great time this past weekend.

No mods yet!

Tinted Windows
JLT True Cold Air Kit
Pro-Dyno Tune
526 rwhp - 511 rwtq

Snake in the grill
MGW shift knob
1996 SVT Cobra Wheels

www.dataplatesplus.com

See my MSR Video here!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
Vnemous

I would like to sign up as an instructor. I have completed the NASA instructor Clinic #1 & #2 and instructed with them. What do I need to do?

Also, the form to download does not list the hyperdrive portion. Are you going to update the form? Thanks.

Mark Barnes, 93 Reef blue Mustang
Vnemous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
AlohaC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Have to cancel my registration for this event (DAMN!) My customer wants me to travel and participate in a meeting in Arizona during the same time as this event - this sucks! I'll see you all at the NJMP event later this year. Mike
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
RF Cobra

The registration form has been updated and has the hyperdrive option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnemous
I would like to sign up as an instructor. I have completed the NASA instructor Clinic #1 & #2 and instructed with them. What do I need to do?

Also, the form to download does not list the hyperdrive portion. Are you going to update the form? Thanks.

Mark Barnes, 93 Reef blue Mustang
RF Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote