SCMC Message Forum  
Go Back   SCMC Message Forum > SVT Platforms > '03-'04 Cobra Forum
User Name
Password

Register FAQ Members List SCMC Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
totenkopf13
Jerry "Chief Ten Beers"
 
totenkopf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 22
Dyno tuned at VMP

Very pleased w/ the numbers. Mods are 2.8 pulley, aftermarket exhaust, intake, plenum, MAF, & throttlebody.


__________________
Website: http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
totenkopf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Andy M
SCMC Member
 
Andy M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Northwest Houston
Posts: 1,091
Very nice!!

I've got a silver 03 as well. Last time it was on the dyno, it made 466 HP at the rear wheels. Amazing how powerful you can make these cars with so little tuning huh?!

By the way, what are the rims on your Cobra? I am looking around at the aftermarket and am thinking about 18" Bullit deep dishes (9" in front and 10" in rear) with Anthracite centers.....
__________________
Andy

SCMC #521

'03 Cobra Coupe - #3067 of 8394 Coupes (1 of 992 in silver metallic)
'02 F250 SD Powerstroke 4X4 Crew Cab - my daily driver and Cobra hauler
'13 BMW 28i X3 - Angela's daily driver
'06 Jeep Liberty LE - daughter #1's car
'11 Mazda 3 Touring - daughter #2's car
'00 Cobra R - #155 of 300 - SOLD!
Andy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
totenkopf13
Jerry "Chief Ten Beers"
 
totenkopf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M
Very nice!!

I've got a silver 03 as well. Last time it was on the dyno, it made 466 HP at the rear wheels. Amazing how powerful you can make these cars with so little tuning huh?!

By the way, what are the rims on your Cobra? I am looking around at the aftermarket and am thinking about 18" Bullit deep dishes (9" in front and 10" in rear) with Anthracite centers.....
Thanks Andy. Yeah these cars are definitely special. My wheels are 18x9 & 18x10 Saleen replicas. They are hypercoated (black chrome) finish. I had a set of DD AFS Bullitt rims 17x9 & 17x10.5 on my prior Mustang & loved them. If you decide to go with the bullitts on your Cobra, I too agree w/ the anthracite choice. That will look good w/ the silver.
__________________
Website: http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
totenkopf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
totenkopf13
Jerry "Chief Ten Beers"
 
totenkopf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 22
Hey Andy- here is a link w/ some more pics of my car/wheels if you are interested. http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
__________________
Website: http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
totenkopf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
cfradam
Registered User
 
cfradam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 121
VMP does a great job. I'll be heading there soon for a retune. what part of town are you in?

Adam
cfradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
Andy M
SCMC Member
 
Andy M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Northwest Houston
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf13
Hey Andy- here is a link w/ some more pics of my car/wheels if you are interested. http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
Nice pics! Your 03 is beautiful, but then again, I am partial to silver!

I just noticed you have 4.10 gears. WOW! How the heck do you keep it from absolutely roasting the rear tires every time you take off? I am very traction challenged with 3.73 gears, so I can only imagine how much more acceleration you have with 4.10's. By the way, I have my car set up for road racing so it has a full Maximum Motorsport coilover set up which works wonderfully. The car feels 500 pounds lighter than a stock Cobra and turns in immediately. Body roll is very minimal now and it doesn't push like it used to. Very neutral! I also have the Evans water pump and full cooling system upgrade including a Fluidyne racing radiator and thermostat relocation. I also have a large air/fan cooled oil cooler mounted inside the drivers side fender well. The car is amazing on the track. I used to own a 2000 Cobra R which I tracked and raced. This car handles better, and is noticably faster than the R was. The R was certainly a great car and I will always miss it, but I am having a ton of fun with the Terminator.
__________________
Andy

SCMC #521

'03 Cobra Coupe - #3067 of 8394 Coupes (1 of 992 in silver metallic)
'02 F250 SD Powerstroke 4X4 Crew Cab - my daily driver and Cobra hauler
'13 BMW 28i X3 - Angela's daily driver
'06 Jeep Liberty LE - daughter #1's car
'11 Mazda 3 Touring - daughter #2's car
'00 Cobra R - #155 of 300 - SOLD!
Andy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
totenkopf13
Jerry "Chief Ten Beers"
 
totenkopf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfradam
VMP does a great job. I'll be heading there soon for a retune. what part of town are you in?

Adam
Lake Mary. Are you going to the Waterford Lakes show on Sat?
__________________
Website: http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
totenkopf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
totenkopf13
Jerry "Chief Ten Beers"
 
totenkopf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M
Nice pics! Your 03 is beautiful, but then again, I am partial to silver!

I just noticed you have 4.10 gears. WOW! How the heck do you keep it from absolutely roasting the rear tires every time you take off? I am very traction challenged with 3.73 gears, so I can only imagine how much more acceleration you have with 4.10's. By the way, I have my car set up for road racing so it has a full Maximum Motorsport coilover set up which works wonderfully. The car feels 500 pounds lighter than a stock Cobra and turns in immediately. Body roll is very minimal now and it doesn't push like it used to. Very neutral! I also have the Evans water pump and full cooling system upgrade including a Fluidyne racing radiator and thermostat relocation. I also have a large air/fan cooled oil cooler mounted inside the drivers side fender well. The car is amazing on the track. I used to own a 2000 Cobra R which I tracked and raced. This car handles better, and is noticably faster than the R was. The R was certainly a great car and I will always miss it, but I am having a ton of fun with the Terminator.
Wow- that sounds like a great RR setup. I saw in your sig before that you had owned a 00 R. That was like a Holy Grail for the Mustang/Cobra. I actually had a Spintech side kit w/ replica R tips on my 02. as I liked the look of the naked sides. I never drove a R only touched them at car shows-lol.

As far as the 4.10s, I forgot to remove that from the website. When I bought the car, I was told that along w/ other mods, it had a ported blower & 4.10s. I realized that it didn't have a ported blower and when the car was on the dyno when 4.10 was plugged in the speedo went crazy, it has the stock 3.55s. I just changed the website. I had 4.10s in my prior Mustang, it was supercharged and was an auto. I had a hard time believing that the Cobra had the gear swap, but the dynotune confirmed it. I will probably go with some steeper gears here pretty soon though.
__________________
Website: http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
totenkopf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
cfradam
Registered User
 
cfradam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf13
Lake Mary. Are you going to the Waterford Lakes show on Sat?
no I am going to the Lightning- harley GTG at old town on Sat. My buddy is one of the sponsors for waterford. stop by Miller Performance tent and check some of there stuff out. BTW I'm in Longwood

Adam
cfradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
totenkopf13
Jerry "Chief Ten Beers"
 
totenkopf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfradam
no I am going to the Lightning- harley GTG at old town on Sat. My buddy is one of the sponsors for waterford. stop by Miller Performance tent and check some of there stuff out. BTW I'm in Longwood

Adam
I 'll check it out. We'll have to meet up somewhere/sometime.
__________________
Website: http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com
totenkopf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 SCMC, Inc